Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

I was running softer set up all summer, but finally realized something recently now that I've gotten quite a bit faster, and I'm pushing the truck much harder now. If you try to drive a soft Suspension very aggressively, it seems to not work well. The harder you start pushing, its helped me to start going heavier on both my springs and oils. The truck seems to handle aggressive driving much better, it handles hard landings better, resists bottoming better and I haven't noticed any loss in traction or steering. I've got my pills dialed and its on rails... So I really don't want to fool around with them anymore. I'm just continually experimenting with oil weights, and springs.

I also added a Tekin 4600kv Pro4 today and I'm hoping i can make up some time with the new motor. I tested it outside this evening, its very smooth and very fast for a 540! I've got a 15t on it now, with the cooler weather now, I might be able to bump up to a 16t for the Tekno NE Shootout race at LCRC in a week.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
I was running softer set up all summer, but finally realized something recently now that I've gotten quite a bit faster, and I'm pushing the truck much harder now. If you try to drive a soft Suspension very aggressively, it seems to not work well. The harder you start pushing, its helped me to start going heavier on both my springs and oils. The truck seems to handle aggressive driving much better, it handles hard landings better, resists bottoming better and I haven't noticed any loss in traction or steering. I've got my pills dialed and its on rails... So I really don't want to fool around with them anymore. I'm just continually experimenting with oil weights, and springs.

I also added a Tekin 4600kv Pro4 today and I'm hoping i can make up some time with the new motor. I tested it outside this evening, its very smooth and very fast for a 540! I've got a 15t on it now, with the cooler weather now, I might be able to bump up to a 16t for the Tekno NE Shootout race at LCRC in a week.
Your prolly going to love the power band of the higher KV.
I love my Hobbywing 4700 in my SCTE 2.0.
I run it with a 15,16,17t on 40spur, 1 on timing and 1 on punch.
It's really smooth through the band. If I run on a real loose track, the taller pinion seems to smooth out the initial traction hook, without needing to dial a bunch of expo in there.
And on the straits, no one can catch me.
Because of the higher weight of the tekno however, I am considering the 4500 SMC. But I want to see what new motors hobbywing is releasing for their new XR8 ESC. I feel like the new coast feature is going to be a hit for the SC guys especially, due to the nose dive issues many seem to be having.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Your prolly going to love the power band of the higher KV.
I love my Hobbywing 4700 in my SCTE 2.0.
I run it with a 15,16,17t on 40spur, 1 on timing and 1 on punch.
It's really smooth through the band. If I run on a real loose track, the taller pinion seems to smooth out the initial traction hook, without needing to dial a bunch of expo in there.
And on the straits, no one can catch me.
Because of the higher weight of the tekno however, I am considering the 4500 SMC. But I want to see what new motors hobbywing is releasing for their new XR8 ESC. I feel like the new coast feature is going to be a hit for the SC guys especially, due to the nose dive issues many seem to be having.
Coast feature on the Xr8 isn't really working right at the moment for alot of us just FYI. I am curious about the new Hobbywing motors coming too but I believe they are only 1/8 motors. The Pro4 4600 is a great motor but not really comparable to your Hobbywing 4700, the Hobbywing is a bunch more motor IMO.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Coast feature on the Xr8 isn't really working right at the moment for alot of us just FYI. I am curious about the new Hobbywing motors coming too but I believe they are only 1/8 motors. The Pro4 4600 is a great motor but not really comparable to your Hobbywing 4700, the Hobbywing is a bunch more motor IMO.
Yeah that is what I heard about the coast deal to, but I figured that the motor release might clear up that feature since they are supposed to work together and all.
But yeah your right, I didn't think about the fact they may just release 550 cans... Doh!
Hopefully there will be a firmware revision that will come soon to correct some UI issues in regard to other motors.

I really liked the fact that the new ESC finally stepped into the modern era with the upgraded BEC voltage increase, considering most are running HV servos these days.
That feature has been the Achilles heel on the SCT-Pro I have now. My Futaba 9352 kills the puny 6v/3a BEC and will get mushy to the point it struggles to hold half turn radius by 2/3 pack drain. Had no choice but to use an external unit.

And I haven't personally tried a tekin motor, so I have to take your word on that one. The tekin stuff seems nice enough, but I have noticed that my HW set takes no prisoners on the straits and can run anyone down with ease around my area. But I figured that was more due to the fact I have a bad case of the lead finger!
Old 09-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Most of us had that Pro4 4600 motor at the eNats there this summer and still ran 16t. Go for it.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

I finished rebuilding my shocks last night, and I ended up going with 40 front, 45 (Losi) rear with Green/Yellow. It may be too heavy, but I figure it would be worth a shot.... We'll find out in the morning! I love race day
Old 09-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires/Wheels

Hi,

I'm brand spanking new to RC cars, but have been flying RC helis for years.

My new SCT410.3 build is running great, but I'm struggling with wheels/tires.

After reading through this site, I ordered DE Racing Trinidad SC Wheels with +3mm offset (P/N DER-SCT-AWB (SC10 4x4)). I had to drill out the center hole for it to clear the axle stub on the Tekno, and there is a papers' width of clearance between the arms/CVA and the wheel. Can someone give me the correct part-number for the +3mm DE Racing wheel?

Also, what's a good tire to run high traction carpet?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I finished rebuilding my shocks last night, and I ended up going with 40 front, 45 (Losi) rear with Green/Yellow. It may be too heavy, but I figure it would be worth a shot.... We'll find out in the morning! I love race day
With those springs you should be running 37.5 fr/32.5rr
Have fun
Old 09-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cubewarrior
Hi,

I'm brand spanking new to RC cars, but have been flying RC helis for years.

My new SCT410.3 build is running great, but I'm struggling with wheels/tires.

After reading through this site, I ordered DE Racing Trinidad SC Wheels with +3mm offset (P/N DER-SCT-AWB (SC10 4x4)). I had to drill out the center hole for it to clear the axle stub on the Tekno, and there is a papers' width of clearance between the arms/CVA and the wheel. Can someone give me the correct part-number for the +3mm DE Racing wheel?

Also, what's a good tire to run high traction carpet?

Thanks,

Steve
I hear that the proline pin-point tires are a good choice for carpet. Also have heard of plently of people that claim the badlands motocross inspired tires work really well contrary to what you'd think by looking at them.
And I don't understand why you are wanting +3 offsets to begin with. The tekno was built to run 0 offset like the SC10 4x4 and Losi SCTE.

Here is the wheel chart from this thread's first post, showing what fits or may need to be slightly modified to work

Last edited by Josh L; 09-26-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

The DE Speedline +3 are the best +3 wheels if you're looking for a bit of added width. They do not rub at all.

The DE +3 Borrego wheels work well also, but they have larger inner ribs that rub the Rear A arm when the wheel flexs. The rubbing eventually wears a flat spot on the end of the Arm.

JConcepts Hazard +3 wheels also will work.
The +3 width isny per wheel. It's 1.5mm per wheel extra width designed to make the SC10 4x4 wider. When using them on the Tekno, they make the truck a few millimeters wider than when using the SCTE wheels that are recommend. I feel the added width helps alot with stability, less traction rolls and you can drive harder. But they are not ROAR legal. It's hard to pass ROAR tech inspection with SCTE wheels, because the rear toe and camber can easily put you too wide. They're rules suck.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
With those springs you should be running 37.5 fr/32.5rr
Have fun
Should be? LMAO There's no rules that say what oil to run with what springs?? Wow. You run whatever works best for you! Hilarious
Old 09-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

The DE Speedline +3 are the best +3 wheels if you're looking for a bit of added width. They do not rub at all.

The DE +3 Borrego wheels work well also, but they have larger inner ribs that rub the Rear A arm when the wheel flexs. The rubbing eventually wears a flat spot on the end of the Arm.

JConcepts Hazard +3 wheels also will work.
The +3 width isny per wheel. It's 1.5mm per wheel extra width designed to make the SC10 4x4 wider. When using them on the Tekno, they make the truck a few millimeters wider than when using the SCTE wheels that are recommend. I feel the added width helps alot with stability, less traction rolls and you can drive harder. But they are not ROAR legal. It's hard to pass ROAR tech inspection with SCTE wheels, because the rear toe and camber can easily put you too wide. They're rules suck.
Interesting info. I am new to the tekno so far so I haven't personally tried it with this particular truck yet. And yes I figured it would help with stability and knew it would throw you out of ROAR spec, but more of concern for me is excessive body rub that I figured likely with going wider. I tried the wider wheel thing on my SCTE with a proline 66 ford shell, and while it didn't look like much difference bare chassis, the body was getting rubbed raw. So bad I had no choice but to go back to 0's or cut away a load of lexan.
All aside, ROAR don't hold much ground around here on the East Coast. Almost no one actually holds their sanctions. They tried at first, but the hassle was greater than the gain and ended up just going outlaw that allowed most things passable, with the only rules really being your body needs to cover most of your wheels and 2s batteries are the max allowed.

Last edited by Josh L; 09-26-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Just looked those wheels up and according to A-main, they do increase your width 3mm per side. Have a look> [Trinidad +3 wheels
If that is the case, I don't understand how you guys are getting proper wheel clearance with 6 extra mm over all?
Old 09-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Should be? LMAO There's no rules that say what oil to run with what springs?? Wow. You run whatever works best for you! Hilarious
That's from my experience of all the testing I have done. Just trying to help that's all.
if you have to run rear oil thicker than the front to make your car drive half way decent then your set ups are off. Just sayin. .....
But hey....do what you want!! Lol
Old 09-26-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

So the tire clearance thing and the fact it has been raining nonstop for the last 3 days has inspired me to do a little homework measuring a few things.
What I found was with the SCTE body and wheels with slim sidewall proline tires, I am just making clearance at 1.5mm. Luckily I have a low roll center/camber gain that exponentially retracts the top of the tire as it is compressed to follow the inner body line flow, but only have 1.5 deg of static camber dialed in. With the ballooned out sidewall of the panther boa's I typically run, I am not even sure they would clear completely as is with the 0 offset SCTE wheel under these settings.
What this tells me is, I would have to run atleast a minimum and most likely more than 3 deg. camber with the same low roll center in order to make clearance with many of the tires I run.
I can certainly see how the +3mm wheel would help around the corners with side roll traction increase due to the forced - camber I'd have to run, but it would be at a cost of losing straight line tread foot-print for forward bite at the higher deg of camber I wouldn't normally run in order to make body clearance.

With that being said, I think I'll stay with the 0 offset that gives me more room for play.

Last edited by Josh L; 09-27-2015 at 03:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.