Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Powell
Any chance of a .3 upgrade kit being offered for current sct410 owners?
Were going to offer a few different ones, waiting on our stock of arms, etc. It will just be another option. If you don't need the chassis, it could make sense.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default V3 V4?

I am new to the Tekno brand and am waiting for my 410.3 to be delivered. I see all these parts for V3 and V4, are these conversion parts for other manufacturers? Can someone explain what the V3 and V4 stuff is all about?

Thanks, Rick
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RickSlick
I am new to the Tekno brand and am waiting for my 410.3 to be delivered. I see all these parts for V3 and V4, are these conversion parts for other manufacturers? Can someone explain what the V3 and V4 stuff is all about?

Thanks, Rick
the V3 & V4 stuff is for electric conversions for other vehicles. In this thread, we sometimes call the sct410.3 the v3 and teh normal sct410 teh V1...kinda confusing, I know....
Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mstrong

On the other hand, I did build the truck with non-lightened wheel hexes after breaking one while overtightening the set screw. Be careful with those

Same thing happened to me. Tightening the set screw on the lightened steel wheel hexes and snap! I emailed tekno and they said they have none of them in stock so they can't replace it until they get more. Already ordered the aluminum ones. (Had no choice)
Old 04-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
congrats!

Anyone who ordered from tower get one from the Illinois site (or whatever that other one is more in the midwest)
yes I ordered one on 29 March. I emailed and got a form letter back but I followed up and got this:

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies. I have reviewed your backordered item and we show we are expecting to have these in mid-May. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EARCH=TKRC5507

I know it can be frustrating as to when these will be back in stock. Unfortunately we are only given estimated dates for the arrival. We can assure you that once it has come back into to stock you will be notified and we will go ahead and processed to get yours shipped out to you.

We appreciate your time and business with us.

Heather

Tower Hobbies Customer Service

Again nothing worth while.

I had better info from Tekno:

It is impossible to tell if your order will be one of the ones that is filled. Tower Hobbies has pre-ordered a lot of SCT410.3 from us and we were only able to fill a small part of their order with our first shipment of kits. We received a partial shipment of kits from our factory in order to start getting the kits out in the market as fast as possible. Following shipments of kits will keep arriving until all orders are filled. Have patience and eventually your order will be filled. This should not take more than three weeks.

Still no joy
Old 04-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Were going to offer a few different ones, waiting on our stock of arms, etc. It will just be another option. If you don't need the chassis, it could make sense.
You see where I'm going. Everybody wins on this deal... Tekno makes money, Pete makes money, and the current owners get a transitional upgrade option. Some may already have the light chassis and other aluminum options not included on the .3. A limited offer would bridge the gap. Just a thought...
Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matlock797952
Same thing happened to me. Tightening the set screw on the lightened steel wheel hexes and snap! I emailed tekno and they said they have none of them in stock so they can't replace it until they get more. Already ordered the aluminum ones. (Had no choice)
Did you ask / did they offer to replace it with standard aluminum ones instead? Heck, if there is snapping issues I probably would want the standards.

Do the kits not include the plastic ones at all?

You see where I'm going. Everybody wins on this deal... Tekno makes money, Pete makes money, and the current owners get a transitional upgrade option. Some may already have the light chassis and other aluminum options not included on the .3. A limited offer would bridge the gap. Just a thought...
+1 . Pete's a good guy and that extra touch he offers is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to what he offers for upgrade "options".

As a side note, looks like the EB48SLs are being shipped out now it appears.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Pete has this in mind with what he's working on. You'll be given a list of what the option parts of, and you can go through drop down menu's and select what you want, more you get, better price will be for the "package"

He's got all the V1 guys in mind on best way to get the V3, and be somewhat cost effective.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone selling sct410.3? Outdoor racing has already started but i don't have yet Towerhobbies sucks always backorder if didn't say mid april i did not order.

Last edited by raved007; 04-21-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Did you ask / did they offer to replace it with standard aluminum ones instead? Heck, if there is snapping issues I probably would want the standards.

Do the kits not include the plastic ones at all?

As a side note, looks like the EB48SLs are being shipped out now it appears.
I asked about the aluminum ones and they said that would be an upgrade. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one to ask them.

The kits don't have the plastic ones but I had some from my .1
Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matlock797952
I asked about the aluminum ones and they said that would be an upgrade. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one to ask them.

The kits don't have the plastic ones but I had some from my .1
Curious why the older ones would be an upgrade.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Curious why the older ones would be an upgrade.
Either one are really an upgrade to the original plastic hexes. I do have a set of the lightened hexes that I will send out if you need a spare.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Droop

Okay, I have the new kit coming. I have a question about droop. I can set this up pretty easy on my touring car. I get the ride height. Then I lift the car until the tires begin to lift and get the chassis height. This height minus my ride height gives me droop.

When dealing with offroad, everyone specifies droop with shock length. I always assume that is the maximum shock length, fully extended before you put it on the car. That can't be right. You can't control that. Is this the maximum length once you put it on the car? You can modify this with the droop screws.

Also, all my offroad cars seem to have a lot more droop than the front end (lot more movement before wheels lift off the floor). Is that the case for most offroad cars?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

For those that have built this truck, anyone else having an issue with the screws to secure the steering links to the akerman bar? Both mine the heads were soft, and stripped before ever getting even close to being snug...still had a couple mm's to go. Ended up using 2 sets of pliers to snug them up. And yes before you ask, the bit was snug before starting the screws on both of them, I triple checked looking at the second one after having the first one happen. Second one did the same thing. It's on and where she needs to be, but it's going to suck if I ever feel the need to change that position.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Okay, I have the new kit coming. I have a question about droop. I can set this up pretty easy on my touring car. I get the ride height. Then I lift the car until the tires begin to lift and get the chassis height. This height minus my ride height gives me droop.

When dealing with offroad, everyone specifies droop with shock length. I always assume that is the maximum shock length, fully extended before you put it on the car. That can't be right. You can't control that. Is this the maximum length once you put it on the car? You can modify this with the droop screws.

Also, all my offroad cars seem to have a lot more droop than the front end (lot more movement before wheels lift off the floor). Is that the case for most offroad cars?
Yes most of the time you measure droop by shocks with them installed on the car, but you can put droop into the shocks by putting internal limiters on the shock shaft below the piston. That method is commonly used in 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.