R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2017, 01:54 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DirkW
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree83Likes

Old 06-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #1276
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just upgraded to savox 2274 really like it for 90 at fierce solutions.
all powered by smc battery's and
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #1277
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Yes that is plenty despite what some say. You will have somebody chime in and say you need 400oz of torque I'm sure lol.
Thanks! That will save me a bunch of money!!
theboss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #1278
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss13 View Post
My esc doesn't have a high voltage setting that I know of. (Castle sct pro)
U have to use the programer on the computer,to change it ,it goes to 7v
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #1279
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I've become a pretty good servo snob. If you are used to a fairly fast servo, 0.14 is going to feel like you are driving in honey. I found a Protek 150S on sale and it is a pretty stunning servo for this application. I know, they are over $100, but I really think there is an advantage on the track with a faster, stronger servo.
I'm definitely used to the faster servo
Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #1280
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswild View Post
U have to use the programer on the computer,to change it ,it goes to 7v
Oh ok thanks!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #1281
Tech Regular

Ok one last question...... I'm getting the 6 1.5 Pistons what oils should I order with that? Also is there any othe stuff I should order?
Old 06-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #1282
Tech Adept

Quote:
Oh ok thanks!
I used it yesterday for the first time boss it has a great deal of options and is fun to mess with , just make sure to save the MAP's when done so u can go back to the old ones if need be , i turn everything up an man my truck was insane ,an striped my servo horn ,granite it was the plastic one but i have been using for a month an it has been fine,lol
Old 06-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #1283
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswild View Post
Rifle there is some great deals to be had on here i thinks for the money of the rx8 u could get a better unit i have the sct mamba an it is great so far i just hooked it up to the cumputer and adjusted an man it really screens now ,an i striped the plastic servo horn out now after turning up the power ,do u build rifles buy chance as well

I have been thinking about the Castle products, but afraid to invest when lots of people at our track are running Tekin. I just like the idea of having people at the track helping out and having intimate knowledge.

I do build long range rifles, I am the owner at Short Action Customs.

Mark
Riflebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #1284
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflebuilder View Post
I have been thinking about the Castle products, but afraid to invest when lots of people at our track are running Tekin. I just like the idea of having people at the track helping out and having intimate knowledge.

Mark
120$ motor and esc can't go wrong...... I actually pass people with tekins on the front stretch.........(that could have something to do with my car weighing about half of theirs lol(racers edge))
Old 06-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #1285
Tech Adept

Quote:

Mark
Yea i can understand , wow i will have to take a look. I'm here in Vegas we have aloot of dessert here to shot long range in , keep up the good work
Old 06-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #1286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
120$ motor and esc can't go wrong...... I actually pass people with tekins on the front stretch.........(that could have something to do with my car weighing about half of theirs lol(racers edge))
I had the Ofna version of the Enduro, the TS4. Its a very light truck compared to the Tekno.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #1287
Tech Regular

so would 35front 30 rear be a good setup with this truck and 6x1.5 pistons and pink springs....... That's what I've gathered from here and a local.(he said Pistons but not springs or oils lol)
Old 06-22-2015, 03:56 AM   #1288
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Quote:

Mark
I tried a castle sct combo and cooked the esc on the second track visit. Castle recommends it to be used in light scts only. The 3800 castle motor was not a good choice for a Tekno. I ended up going to a rx8 with a pro4 4600 and it was a massive difference. The tekin was more powerful all around and both esc and motor ran cooler than the castle setup did. The hobbywing sct pro and hobbywing 4000 is a awesome combo also that's cheaper than the Tekin.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:07 AM   #1289
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I tried a castle sct combo and cooked the esc on the second track visit. Castle recommends it to be used in light scts only. The 3800 castle motor was not a good choice for a Tekno. I ended up going to a rx8 with a pro4 4600 and it was a massive difference. The tekin was more powerful all around and both esc and motor ran cooler than the castle setup did. The hobbywing sct pro and hobbywing 4000 is a awesome combo also that's cheaper than the Tekin.
Looks like I'm sol then lol
That's all I have and was planning on running....
Old 06-22-2015, 06:32 AM   #1290

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I ran a Castle MMP in my SCTE for 2 years with no issues running a Tekin 4000Kv 4 pole 540 motor. The Losi is almost as heavy as the Tekno. I'm not a huge fan of Castle products (chinsy quality and pathetic BEC's) but I think it will do in a pinch. Just remember, running these vehicles with no current limiting and wide open throttle usually results in higher temps, more wheel spin, and slower lap times. Being able to pass someone on the straight is totally useless if they return the favor and blow you away through the infield. Also, if the ESC fan quits working, it needs to be dealt with promptly. Running without the fan will cook the ESC pretty easily.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno