R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2017, 01:54 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DirkW
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree83Likes

Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikekid33 View Post
Any update on the eta on the cnc towers?
The updated NB should be rolling around about the beginning of summer, they are waiting for both kits and parts to be in stock before putting them on sale. Check back then.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #902
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think the wheel hexes have been over heat rested and thats why they break so easily.....save your time and get the aluminum ones !!!!!
I ran couple pack and had to snug up and cracked one...
Bad batch maybe???

other wise tekno still kicks a$$ can't waite for next sat race opener!!!!!
all powered by smc battery's and
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:06 AM   #903
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a sct410.3 and was wondering now that they have been out for a while, is there anything i should replace or upgrade from the get go, i already bought the aluminium clamping hexes and was wondering if theres anything else i should consider. Also what bodies have people gone with to get the best handling out of the truck. TIA
Serpent 988, OS speed shimo edition, Serpent 977 35th anniversary. OS speed shimo edition Serpent 977 evo2, Novarossi Mito WC35 2017, Shepherd Velox, O.S Speed r2102, Motonica p81rs2, REDS Racing M7 WCS V3.0, , CM 1/8 INFINITY O.S Speed 2103.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:21 AM   #904
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a sct410.3 and was wondering now that they have been out for a while, is there anything i should replace or upgrade from the get go, i already bought the aluminium clamping hexes and was wondering if theres anything else i should consider. Also what bodies have people gone with to get the best handling out of the truck. TIA
I would get a new horn the plastic one is just to practice run , sct tires and rims
I am going with the body with wing on back to help nose dip and u need a elec srew driver to help assembly the screws for diff is very hard to turn by hand
I also got the tekno side wings and some wheel spacers since the back wheels rub but i am using the stock hex that came witht truck till those break
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:42 AM   #905

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Guys, buy a tap and tap the holes in the diffs first. It makes threading the screws in easy, leaves a flatter mating surface between the diff housing and gasket, and reduces the stresses on the diff housing itself. It takes like 30 seconds per hole tops.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #906
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Aluminum servo horn. Some are installing the aluminum "A" hinge pin bracket. I plan on doing that. Make sure to get SCTE wheels. The air control guards help too.
Bodies that handle well - for me Jcon Titan (endurance issues tho - do any sct bodies last?) and Proline Flotek Chevy. People like the Jcon F250. I haven't tried it yet, but I have it. Just gotta paint it. I haven't heard anything about the Proline evo. I'm curious as to how well it works.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 AM   #907
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Thanks for the quick feed back. Also I'm really struggling to choose a motor an esc combo, I'm down to 2 and can't for the life off me decide which one to go with, I'm tossing up between the RX8 GEN2 with pro4hd or the hobbtwing pro sct with hobbywing 4 pole motor.
I love hobbywing its a great product when you consider the esc and motor is the same price as the RX8, money isn't an issue only because when it comes to my motor and esc i don't mind paying the extra for a better product but is the tekinn really worth almost double The HobbyWing. Im looking for the best performance, most reliable and most importantly smooth power delivery, i would love to here from people running these set ups and if anyone has run both which they prefer and why again TIA
Serpent 988, OS speed shimo edition, Serpent 977 35th anniversary. OS speed shimo edition Serpent 977 evo2, Novarossi Mito WC35 2017, Shepherd Velox, O.S Speed r2102, Motonica p81rs2, REDS Racing M7 WCS V3.0, , CM 1/8 INFINITY O.S Speed 2103.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:50 AM   #908
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the quick feed back. Also I'm really struggling to choose a motor an esc combo, I'm down to 2 and can't for the life off me decide which one to go with, I'm tossing up between the RX8 GEN2 with pro4hd or the hobbtwing pro sct with hobbywing 4 pole motor.
I love hobbywing its a great product when you consider the esc and motor is the same price as the RX8, money isn't an issue only because when it comes to my motor and esc i don't mind paying the extra for a better product but is the tekinn really worth almost double The HobbyWing. Im looking for the best performance, most reliable and most importantly smooth power delivery, i would love to here from people running these set ups and if anyone has run both which they prefer and why again TIA
RX8 with the HW motor. Best combo Ive ran in the truck yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advpball View Post
I think the wheel hexes have been over heat rested and thats why they break so easily.....save your time and get the aluminum ones !!!!!
I ran couple pack and had to snug up and cracked one...
Bad batch maybe???

other wise tekno still kicks a$$ can't waite for next sat race opener!!!!!
You just need to use Loctite, and just snug them up. no need to torque them down.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Old 05-22-2015, 07:42 AM   #909
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I have the hobbywing sct pro combo. It's not bad, has some programming hiccups. But for the price it can't be beat. I personally am not impressed by tekin at all. If I were to get a different esc, it would be Orion. I have an Orion in everything else after dealing with a couple bad tekins. Orion is worth the money for reliability.
Everybody79x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 AM   #910
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
RX8 with the HW motor. Best combo Ive ran in the truck yet.
+1 this is my goto combo with everything now.
TheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #911
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

proline evo body and hobbywing combo been running it for 3years in my eb48.1
all powered by smc battery's and
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #912
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the aluminum D hinge block an LRC like the optional one I can buy for the V1 truck?
wreckya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #913
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Is the aluminum D hinge block an LRC like the optional one I can buy for the V1 truck?
Its an all in one block. You have the ability to adjust roll center just buy the pills.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Old 05-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #914
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Its an all in one block. You have the ability to adjust roll center just buy the pills.
So the pills allow an HRC or LRC setting?
wreckya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #915
Tech Elite

Yes.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno