Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread >

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 05-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nissanguy8
Hi All, I am about to build my 410.3, any advice? its going to be for indoor clay track (norcal Hobbies, san jose Ca)

any upgrades I should have that won't cost me a lot? I have the alum hexes from the orig 410 that I bought that I never used, so hopefully they will just fit this one.

Just wondering if there was any part I should get that I can install when I build the kit so I don't have to tear the whole truck down later to install it.
Along with what was said above, I did the aluminum A,B,C and D blocks. The original plastic ones are the only things I ever broke so I figured I would prevent that from the start.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

when I was looking to buy one, I was going to get the aluminum FF block (A?) and the RF block (C?) The A for durability as the original SCT410 had it included due to breakage. the RF more so because it seems to have a another setting option than the plastic one, and it adds some durability too.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How much are those alum parts? I just dont want too spend the money if l dont have to
Old 05-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Legend

the hingepin braces are about $20 or so each. The servo horns depending on which ones you get about about $10 - $15 each.

with some of the reports of breakage of the front hingepin brace like was seen on the V1, I wonder if they will include the new brace for free or send you one for free.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Lowe48, what type of body mounting system are you using? The post look like screws. Thanks.
I like the Proline body mounts system. They are tight and keep the body nice and quiet as well. They don't make one for our truck (I don't think so) so...a little custom work went in to it.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Whosold;14009858]
Originally Posted by Lowe's48
Just got it done yesterday. ...Pretty stoked. This is my first brand-new car and first build. Very impressed with the quality and how nice everything fit. Ran a couple of batteries on the street to make sure everything is good to go and then truck drove amazing with 45wt fr/35 rr. Its about 62 grams heavier than my Mip Losi scte but I think the
weight are in the right places. Going to do club racing/tuning this weekend and going to the third race of the Jbrl next weekend. Will report back with more feedback.

[.QUOTE]Any special reason your shock oil is so far from the book set-up?
Due to the high grip and the speed truck will be traveling I need to go higher on fluids, also the diff fluids will dictate that as well. Now, the stock fluids will be ok on small to med tracks with low/med grip.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
I like the Proline body mounts system. They are tight and keep the body nice and quiet as well. They don't make one for our truck (I don't think so) so...a little custom work went in to it.
They actually have a set for the SCT410 now, http://www.prolineracing.com/perform...-tekno-sct410/.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Man that's another $100 bucks
Old 05-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Legend

Man that's another $100 bucks
I don't think having all four is a needed expense personally unless something has changed on this vehicle versus the V1.

Tekno in general is trying to balance cost relative to what they can offer you in a package. It appears they added a lot of goodies to the vehicle, you will need to determine what you feel that is not there is a must have.

Personally, just start with the front hingepin brace instead of all 4. Servo horn as well.

You can also use a cheaper horn assuming the steering assembly is the same on the new car. I did that with the V1s, just raised up the position of the access point on the steering arm then flipped the button head screw to come up from the bottom of the servo horn to clear it. Never had and issue and got the angles right too.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
They actually have a set for the SCT410 now, http://www.prolineracing.com/perform...-tekno-sct410/.
they didn't use the same post offsets for the front so you'll need to ream new holes for them.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
I don't think having all four is a needed expense personally unless something has changed on this vehicle versus the V1.

Tekno in general is trying to balance cost relative to what they can offer you in a package. It appears they added a lot of goodies to the vehicle, you will need to determine what you feel that is not there is a must have.

Personally, just start with the front hingepin brace instead of all 4. Servo horn as well.

You can also use a cheaper horn assuming the steering assembly is the same on the new car. I did that with the V1s, just raised up the position of the access point on the steering arm then flipped the button head screw to come up from the bottom of the servo horn to clear it. Never had and issue and got the angles right too.
yea I think I will just build it stock, I am not a basher and just practice at the local indoor clay track, so I don't anticipate a lot of breakage. I was just wondering if there were some sure parts to replace because they might be a weak spot but it appears the truck is still pretty new to tell and the 1st generation was damn tough, I was actually thinking of buying a used 1st gen 410 to use as in outdoor track truck.

Are there any interchangeable parts between the 410 and the .3? Diffs? arms? driveshafts?
Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

yea I think I will just build it stock, I am not a basher and just practice at the local indoor clay track, so I don't anticipate a lot of breakage. I was just wondering if there were some sure parts to replace because they might be a weak spot but it appears the truck is still pretty new to tell and the 1st generation was damn tough, I was actually thinking of buying a used 1st gen 410 to use as in outdoor track truck.

Are there any interchangeable parts between the 410 and the .3? Diffs? arms? driveshafts?
there's a considerable amount of interchangeable parts , but in some instances only groups of parts are. for instance... arms, hubs and towers are part of the new geometry set and are not individually interchangeable between the versions but are interchangeable as a set. all of the improvements to the .3 version and be upgraded on the v1.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
We stock these now also. FYI
Old 05-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Legend

yeah was just going to say FastPete has upgrade packages, pretty cool
Old 05-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

I have both v1 and v2 (v1 as a superlite)
I believe if upgrade these items such as lighten outdrives, split ctr diff mount, lighten front drive shaft , aluminum pinion gear and lower cg motor mount. Just by doing that, I've lost 23 grams on the rotating mass off the drive line which equal to quicker acceleration,higher speed and less heat.
The low cg motor mount and the spit diff mount are worth the money. ..you can get the ctr diff and drive shafts out on less than 20 sec plus the motor sits so much lower with this new mount.
Imo keep your v1 and upgrade those parts mentioned and you'll be happy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.