Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:23 AM
FAO
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by justpoet
I used to be like you and wonder why we didn't always run 10 minute mains. I used maybe 2k on larger outdoor tracks or medium high grip tracks. Then...then I learned to use brake and throttle more aggressively in short burst sections, and I picked up a few tenths but started burning 3700+ in the same truck on the same track. That was back in my pre Tekno days, and if I need to stretch I'll drive like that when not battling to help both electronic heat and mah usage. It is a give and take.
Yea, they call me the seastar. (not the snail, these are to fast)

Medium time for one round is about 1-2 seconds behind the top drivers. But with the lighter SC 10 i get 1-2m at the start and at every accellerating point, i am just to slow and not constant in the corners.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I can appreciate your position. but, Preposterous? UPS rates aren't set by us.

Go ahead and type 12x12x24 and 12 pounds, $400 into the UPS calculator. We're at 59230 (how close was it?)
https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc

standard shipping is the Best bang for the buck, and it always gets there fast, as others have mentioned. We have the SCT410.3 for $387 shipped. We ship every package, every day, no delays.

I suspect if questioned, most people here get there stuff from us in 2-4 days.

Punched in the info provided and i was at $45 for 2nd day shipping from UPS. So if $50+ is needed for handling, yeah that seems preposterous, and I did go to your website to confirm it still shows $99 for me (48 US states). Maybe having a better caculation based on where your zip code is (58104 here) would help?

But, if you want fast shipping, you got to pay to play.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm thinking this is going to be my first 4wd corr truck. I've searched the thread but somehow couldn't find the answers I have been looking for:

1. How much lighter is the .3 than the original?

2. Those that have driven it, are you experiencing the same nose dive issue as the original?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys I have been lurking on the site for a while but this will be my first post. I have decided to order the tekno 410.3 after all the good things I read about the 410 on this site. I have a few questions tho.

1) what replacement or upgrade parts should I order? I'm thinking tekno aluminum servo horn, air guards and aluminum hexes(just in case I have issues with the new lightened ones)

2) I'm think of running the zerun sct pro combo(3400kv) will be running mostly 3s but would like the option of running 2s also. Is this a good combo for that?

3) Is there any other tips I need to know before ordering and building this kit?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Horby32
Hello guys I have been lurking on the site for a while but this will be my first post. I have decided to order the tekno 410.3 after all the good things I read about the 410 on this site. I have a few questions tho.

1) what replacement or upgrade parts should I order? I'm thinking tekno aluminum servo horn, air guards and aluminum hexes(just in case I have issues with the new lightened ones)

2) I'm think of running the zerun sct pro combo(3400kv) will be running mostly 3s but would like the option of running 2s also. Is this a good combo for that?

3) Is there any other tips I need to know before ordering and building this kit?
1) your right on

2) That's would be a good setup Xerun SCT Pro

3) Its been a smooth build
Old 04-24-2015, 11:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

welcome to the tekno world horby.
the tekno horn is a great fit, i tried the serpent horn, but it doesn't fit all servos, bla bla bla.. stick with the tekno. i like the airguards as well, there's noticeably less parachuting with them
2.what's you're intended use of the truck ? i personally like lower kv motors geared higher and run the 3500 range on all my sct bashers on 2s and love the grunt it gives.
3. i can't speak on the .3 kit, but the original kit built great for me. if you haven't already so thru the original sct410 thread here and over at rcshortcourse, there's an amazing amount of information in both places.

good luck with it and have fun.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

I will be using the truck primarily for club racing and plan on running 3s as the 2 closest tracks to me allow 3s. But would like the option of running 2s if I go to a track where it's restricted to 2s. Would the xerun sct combo(3400kv) work for both 2-3s? if I changed the gearing?
Old 04-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is it normal to have about 1/4 inch play between the outdrives of the front diff, drive shaft, and center diff?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
Is it normal to have about 1/4 inch play between the outdrives of the front diff, drive shaft, and center diff?
I'm assuming you're talking about the really long center shaft? Yep, it's got a bunch of space to move around.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i think in the sct410 thread a few people put o-rings in the cups to take up a little of that slack and as a side bonus it quieted down the driveline a bit.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
Yes, the play is there to allow for chassis flex and hard crashes without destroying that front shaft.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FAO
Yea, they call me the seastar. (not the snail, these are to fast)

Medium time for one round is about 1-2 seconds behind the top drivers. But with the lighter SC 10 i get 1-2m at the start and at every accellerating point, i am just to slow and not constant in the corners.
The SC10 is a hard truck to be consistent with, and also a hard truck to push hard without crashing unless on a tight and fairly decent traction indoor track. Don't be surprised if you get a bit faster once you're familiar with the new truck, just because it drives better.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

[/URL][/IMG][/QUOTE]
Ready to go and excited for the first drive. it was a perfect build. Very curious to see how it handles especially with such light shock oil. Did find something a little disturbing when I put my tires from my V.1 to V.3 the rear wheels rubbed. I swear someone told me that AE SCT 4x4 wheel were the ones to use, they worked fine, but not so on V.3. So I believe SCTE are the correct offset? that's what the website says.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockStew
[/URL][/IMG]
Ready to go and excited for the first drive. it was a perfect build. Very curious to see how it handles especially with such light shock oil. Did find something a little disturbing when I put my tires from my V.1 to V.3 the rear wheels rubbed. I swear someone told me that AE SCT 4x4 wheel were the ones to use, they worked fine, but not so on V.3. So I believe SCTE are the correct offset? that's what the website says.[/QUOTE

The scte offset was always the way to go. I think the ae offset put you over legal width even on the .1
Old 04-24-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are TKR1654X the correct aluminum hex for the .3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.