Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

two weeks
Old 02-22-2017, 04:27 AM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowspark
two weeks
#fakenews
#alternatefacts

Old 02-22-2017, 04:35 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hiofficr87
Finally!!!! Got to the track and made some major adjustments....Carbon fiber Front and rear shock towers, updated front bumper, Diffs are 7K, 10K, 5K and i am running brand new Dboot Terabytes on DE wheels with proline foams,and have 4 washers on the steering stops....and i am STILL traction rolling coming hard into a turn..on carpet....my shock collars are as low as they can go in the front, and 4.0mm from the top...ride height is at 21....yellow springs in the front...stock box springs in the front....getting very very frustrated.......im running on carpet so i assume thats a high traction track....any and all help is welcomed....
Try reducing droop, increasing camber, increase front diff fluid, and make sure you are prepping the front tires correctly. A lot of folks trim the outer row of knobs, CA glue the outer sidewall of the front tires, and sacrifice a garden gnome with 4 drops of dragon tears to get these things to not traction role on carpet.
hiofficr87 likes this.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 AM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

One thing that we do in 2wd SCT on carpet is wrap a piece of electrical tape around the outer edges of the front tires, this is a good way to test before trimming them off. If you don't like it just pull the tape off.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bds81175
Try reducing droop, increasing camber, increase front diff fluid, and make sure you are prepping the front tires correctly. A lot of folks trim the outer row of knobs, CA glue the outer sidewall of the front tires, and sacrifice a garden gnome with 4 drops of dragon tears to get these things to not traction role on carpet.
Originally Posted by TAW
One thing that we do in 2wd SCT on carpet is wrap a piece of electrical tape around the outer edges of the front tires, this is a good way to test before trimming them off. If you don't like it just pull the tape off.
I do this on turf after trimming outter 2 rows. No more traction rolls.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

good info given by all.

You didn't mention your droop you are using hiofficr87 . that can be a big factor.

You may also want to cut your springs if you need lower right height. Personally using xray gray progressives here as that is what I used on my desc10 and it was money, feels about right on my Tekno.

Just need to wait on the ESC to make a return here, but I may setup my youngest's sct410.3 with the carpet setup I was thinking of going with, all tekno parts, and see how it goes too.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cain
good info given by all.

You didn't mention your droop you are using hiofficr87 . that can be a big factor.

You may also want to cut your springs if you need lower right height. Personally using xray gray progressives here as that is what I used on my desc10 and it was money, feels about right on my Tekno.

Just need to wait on the ESC to make a return here, but I may setup my youngest's sct410.3 with the carpet setup I was thinking of going with, all tekno parts, and see how it goes too.
I am going to measure my Droop this weekend...i totally forgot about that!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Tech Legend

yeah thats like one of the biggest things here.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hiofficr87
Finally!!!! Got to the track and made some major adjustments....Carbon fiber Front and rear shock towers, updated front bumper, Diffs are 7K, 10K, 5K and i am running brand new Dboot Terabytes on DE wheels with proline foams,and have 4 washers on the steering stops....and i am STILL traction rolling coming hard into a turn..on carpet....my shock collars are as low as they can go in the front, and 4.0mm from the top...ride height is at 21....yellow springs in the front...stock box springs in the front....getting very very frustrated.......im running on carpet so i assume thats a high traction track....any and all help is welcomed....
I haven't run my Tekno in a couple months but I'm taking it with me this Tuesday... what settings are you using to get to a 21 ride height?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been hearing about people who are cutting down the springs a lot lately.
Oddly enough, several of the pros advise against this, saying it messes up the rates of the springs and what not, but that doesn't seem to stop them from doing it.
One guy I know on the 410 group on facebook is cutting hit rear springs only and seems to be doing really well, even winning some major events to prove it works well for him.
He said to cut off one coil, and he also run the ESC behind the battery.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Tech Legend

yeah that is what I am seeing even on some of the setup sheets like the one I am using. Instead of doing that, I decided to go with with some springs that are already short I have here that worked great on my Durango DESC10. They are progressives, but I can darn near run the vehicle to touch the ground and they work quite well. Not cheap, as they are xray springs thats for sure.

One of the top drivers here uses the ESC behind the battery too. I'd be curious to see what his scale balance is when he does that.

My ESC I am hoping will be back this week. Really want to try the vehicle with some changes and some tires I picked up.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
I have been hearing about people who are cutting down the springs a lot lately.
Oddly enough, several of the pros advise against this, saying it messes up the rates of the springs and what not, but that doesn't seem to stop them from doing it.
One guy I know on the 410 group on facebook is cutting hit rear springs only and seems to be doing really well, even winning some major events to prove it works well for him.
He said to cut off one coil, and he also run the ESC behind the battery.
I assume a stiffer spring would be in order..?
Old 02-28-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Thrifty
I assume a stiffer spring would be in order..?
for the carpet conditions I would say yes. This is the setup that basically i am running:

http://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/up...0Astroturf.pdf

I have a few tweaks to this like running emulsion, PT Racing oils, and Xray progressive rate gray springs, but most of the settings are the same.

I may go with the diff change that was mentioned as a better base setup for the diffs from that new starting setup. Not sure on the pistons though.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 410.3 pinion

Just only tekno mod1 they have the biggest set screws that dont strip out and I have a pro4hd tekin 4300kv I run 16t to 19t depends on track
Old 02-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dan.J
I have only ran Tekno pinions on this truck so cant say about how Novaks fit. The gearing they recommended is on the conservative side but a safe place to start, as I said earlier we run 16-18 on that motor indoor's.
Same here tekno pinions have bigger set screws less chance of stripping out pro4hd 4300kv 16t for small 19t for fast track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.