R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2017, 01:54 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: DirkW
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)


What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree83Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #3646
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 692
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'm considering a SCT410 and noticed that the price has come down below $350. Is this an indicator that Tekno has a new version of the truck on the way? I just don't want to buy a 410.3 and then have a new and improved version come out a month later.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #3647
Tech Addict
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl View Post
link doesn't work.
Looked all over the net for them. Seems like they are out of stock and have been discontinued at most of the places I found them at.
I did find them in the EU, but not many. Ebay doesn't even have them from the looks of it. To bad, they looked nice.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #3648
Tech Addict
 
DirkW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quick question for you guys:

Since the kit apparently already comes with TKR5260 (motor mount), you'd only need the cheaper center diff upgrade set (TKR5262) and not the full set (TKR5261 - which, as I understand contains an additional TKR5260, plus screws), correct? If one intends to do that upgrade, that is.
__________________
Dirk
Current cars: Xray T4'17 | Yokomo BD7'16 | Yokomo BD7'15 | Yokomo YRX-12 | Xray X10 '16 | Yokomo YZ-2 DT | Yokomo B-Max4 III Factory | Kyosho Ultima SC6 | Tekno SCT410.3
Future cars (soon): (Xray T4'18) | Xray X1'17(8) | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM | VIP-Performance Vorlon/VTE
DirkW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #3649
Tech Addict
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Quick question for you guys:

Since the kit apparently already comes with TKR5260 (motor mount), you'd only need the cheaper center diff upgrade set (TKR5262) and not the full set (TKR5261 - which, as I understand contains an additional TKR5260, plus screws), correct? If one intends to do that upgrade, that is.
Yes, your right. I made the mistake of buying the full kit and now I have an extra motor mount laying here with really no expectation of ever using it since the original is the same thing.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #3650
FAO
Tech Apprentice
 
FAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany near famous clay track of RCRT Duisburg
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
Looked all over the net for them. Seems like they are out of stock and have been discontinued at most of the places I found them at.
I did find them in the EU, but not many. Ebay doesn't even have them from the looks of it. To bad, they looked nice.
Excuse me sir, just mentioned that RB Products (france, taiwan) are no longer available. I bougt mine in the beginning of 2015.
I wrote down what was written on the bag of my last sets. Its a pity, these were build very well. You should buy what you can get.
__________________
The former seastar:
Tekno SC 410.3, Serpent Spyder SCT, dust, loomy, slippery, dirt
FAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:54 PM   #3651
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
I'm considering a SCT410 and noticed that the price has come down below $350. Is this an indicator that Tekno has a new version of the truck on the way? I just don't want to buy a 410.3 and then have a new and improved version come out a month later.
I had the same ? ... But after giving it some thought I decided not to wait . I went with the .3 cause of all the research available here.. If ya go with a new rig then your on your own throwing darts for some time..jmo
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:45 PM   #3652
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 692
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
I had the same ? ... But after giving it some thought I decided not to wait . I went with the .3 cause of all the research available here.. If ya go with a new rig then your on your own throwing darts for some time..jmo
Good point. I'm not a pro either so I probably wouldn't tell the difference anyway.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #3653
Tech Apprentice
 
JoeRC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 70
Default

The .3 is awesome. No need to wait. I just bought one and it drives soooo smooth and lightening fast. This is on a pretty aggressive indoor hard pack dirt track.
JoeRC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #3654
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
I'm considering a SCT410 and noticed that the price has come down below $350. Is this an indicator that Tekno has a new version of the truck on the way? I just don't want to buy a 410.3 and then have a new and improved version come out a month later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
I had the same ? ... But after giving it some thought I decided not to wait . I went with the .3 cause of all the research available here.. If ya go with a new rig then your on your own throwing darts for some time..jmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
Good point. I'm not a pro either so I probably wouldn't tell the difference anyway.
The .3 is a new kit as of last year, and probably just reached it's birthday last month. Tekno doesn't do a new kit every year, or every 2 years like some companies. Do yourselves the favor, grab the truck, aluminum servo horn, aluminum A & C blocks, and build your kit. Those are the only needed upgrades. Check Fiercercsolutions.com for all your Tekno needs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
Looked all over the net for them. Seems like they are out of stock and have been discontinued at most of the places I found them at.
I did find them in the EU, but not many. Ebay doesn't even have them from the looks of it. To bad, they looked nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAO View Post
Excuse me sir, just mentioned that RB Products (france, taiwan) are no longer available. I bougt mine in the beginning of 2015.
I wrote down what was written on the bag of my last sets. Its a pity, these were build very well. You should buy what you can get.
Yup, RB products went out of business. Shame too, because they had good nitro motors, and a few other good things going for them.
__________________
The off-road Tekno 3some-> EB48.4 - ET48.3 - SCT410.3 ---Soon eb410
The oval 3some -> Tekno SCT410.3 - Tekno SCT210.3 - Blitz

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #3655
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

While tuning shock fluid today ,, Stripped oem plastic shock caps using tekno shock tools. Just barely snugged em up.. Anyone else have this happen?
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:00 AM   #3656
Tech Elite
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
While tuning shock fluid today ,, Stripped oem plastic shock caps using tekno shock tools. Just barely snugged em up.. Anyone else have this happen?
The plastic is easy to overtighten if you're using tools. They're designed for hand tightness. If you like to crank on stuff to tighten it like I do, pick up the AL caps.
__________________
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:07 AM   #3657
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
The plastic is easy to overtighten if you're using tools. They're designed for hand tightness. If you like to crank on stuff to tighten it like I do, pick up the AL caps.
I agree and always did this by hand in the past with other manufactures.. But after i watched the lutz tekno vid on this , i ran out and bought the tekno tools. i just snugged them up imo.. There wasnt a problem the first couple builds.. then
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #3658
Tech Addict
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
The .3 is a new kit as of last year, and probably just reached it's birthday last month. Tekno doesn't do a new kit every year, or every 2 years like some companies. Do yourselves the favor, grab the truck, aluminum servo horn, aluminum A & C blocks, and build your kit. Those are the only needed upgrades. Check Fiercercsolutions.com for all your Tekno needs.

Yup, RB products went out of business. Shame too, because they had good nitro motors, and a few other good things going for them.
Do you own Fierce RC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
I agree and always did this by hand in the past with other manufactures.. But after i watched the lutz tekno vid on this , i ran out and bought the tekno tools. i just snugged them up imo.. There wasn't a problem the first couple builds.. then
I am surprised no one has made a shock cap or shock bottom cap for that matter, that has quarter turn pressure locks in place of threads. This would forever change the shock rebuilding game. Consider it Tekno!

Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #3659
Tech Regular
 
lowspark's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

As a follow up to my question about shock springs from last week.
I was actually asking about using an alternate manufacturer to match the the pink Tekno springs but allow a lower ride ht.

I found some old Losi red springs (5450 & 5456) and gave them a try. I was able to get the ride height down to 24 but they were too stiff.

Next I tried a set of yellow HB front springs. They are 2mm shorter and the rating was 3.81 vs 3.83 (front pink). I was able to get the ride ht down to 25 and my truck ran great. Driver error allowed for, but I ran a very fast main, the truck felt great.

$30 on springs this week LOL

Question... how do you compare manuf-A spring rating from manuf-B spring rating?? I doubt they use the same testing equipment??
__________________
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Tekno SCT410.3 / Tekin RX8 Gen3 / Tekin Pro-4 HD 4300 / Savox 1268 servo / Spectrum DX5R
lowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #3660
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspark View Post
As a follow up to my question about shock springs from last week.
I was actually asking about using an alternate manufacturer to match the the pink Tekno springs but allow a lower ride ht.

I found some old Losi red springs (5450 & 5456) and gave them a try. I was able to get the ride height down to 24 but they were too stiff.

Next I tried a set of yellow HB front springs. They are 2mm shorter and the rating was 3.81 vs 3.83 (front pink). I was able to get the ride ht down to 25 and my truck ran great. Driver error allowed for, but I ran a very fast main, the truck felt great.

$30 on springs this week LOL

Question... how do you compare manuf-A spring rating from manuf-B spring rating?? I doubt they use the same testing equipment??
IDK about A & B spring rate , but after hours of static bench test with shock fluid removed using every spring Tekno makes . I've come to the conclusion that the Tekno chart showing Front & Rear springs shown in color , Is pretty much calibrated by Tekno based on front and rear rebound speed. Another words if your using say pink in front then pink in the rear is a good starting point..
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net