Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread >

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 02-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twistedneck
Cause it's designed that way.. Nose down is faster. Last second try to gun it and raise the front a little.. Else, long as you land off the brakes the jump is quicker nose down . take advantage of it.. Go way faster into jumps and rip brake up the face.
I agree.it has been really good but for some reason it has gotten excessive. One jump I have to keep it pinned to avoid it becoming a lawn dart.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billthebutcher
Hey everybody, quick shout out to Amain for shipping me a dead servo! Made my weekend! Off to get a servo that will work now...Protek 150s. 120$ paperweight.
Get a Futaba 9372, never look back...
Old 02-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey everybody, quick shout out to Amain for shipping me a dead servo! Made my weekend! Off to get a servo that will work now...Protek 150s. 120$ paperweight.
That's unfortunate. I run a lot of Protek servos in my race stuff. Good stuff. You would have liked it.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jhautz
Rotate the front end bell on the motor.
Thanks! I thought of that but second guessed that I was missing something.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by twistedneck
The green rear springs are too stiff.. Go back to pink. Stick w the 6x 1.5 tapered pistons. More holes w same given cross sectional area creates friction, heat, and will be better landing off jumps for same given shock behavior over the rough fast harsh bumps.

Black fronts only worked for me with much lighter oil.. 25 wt losi, pink springs in back get 30 wt but moved lower shock mounts to inner hole. This balanced front and rear phase perfectly. Limit the extra droop w the droop bolts.

If u find understeer, reduce front swabar diameter. If you have oversteer, reduce rear bar size.

Before changing bar sizes, remember you can make a bar stiffer by sliding the end link mounts away from the bar ends.. Thus making a shorter lever arm.
So what springs and oil do you like for the front? I know that a lot of guys run pink front. I thought the green fronts were too stiff. Thanks!!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

How much grease should you put on the differential ring gear inside the gearbox? some people say put a layer of grease all the way around on the gears, others say just put a few dabs of grease in like 4 different spots. How much do you need? Whenever I clean my diffs it is all over in the diff case. Is this normal?
Old 02-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That sucks. I had that happen with a RP 5005S. Call them up. They will exchange or give you store credit.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruffdog1
How much grease should you put on the differential ring gear inside the gearbox? some people say put a layer of grease all the way around on the gears, others say just put a few dabs of grease in like 4 different spots. How much do you need? Whenever I clean my diffs it is all over in the diff case. Is this normal?
I was told u just need enough to coat the gears. Either method works.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just enough to coat them is needed. More may help it run a bit quieter for a short period, but will then just fling onto the case and cause more drag (though a very minor amount). I usually put a small line down half the ring gear, rotate it a couple times to make sure it coated well like I wanted it too, then close up the case.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So what springs and oil do you like for the front? I know that a lot of guys run pink front. I thought the green fronts were too stiff. Thanks!!
I run pink rear springs 30 wt losi oil inner lower shock attachment hole, front black springs 25 wt oil outer shock attachemnt hole for a little more turn in since the Tekno is stable enough you can add to the steering a little bit. same thing could be done by limiting travel by the droop screws in front. if it was oversteering i'd revert to the inner lower shock attachment holes.

its a nice sized indoor track BUT if I were going to a faster outdoor track with more g-forces i'd up the spring rates and damping a couple notches.. possibly go back to the 8x1.2 pistons to land big jumps better.. and of course uniformly larger stabars to counter the high speed roll forces that are larger.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tried a new shock package yesterday. 8x1.3 pistons front and 8x1.2 rear. 35f/27.5r on oils and yellow springs on all 4 corners. This was money for me on the outdoor track I race at. Very stable and very fast. Enough pack to land larger jumps but fast enough to navigate the small bumps/ruts. Solid! Just wanted to share with you all in case someone else is struggling to find a good setup for a track like mine.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What does this have to do with the SCT410.3?? How is it Amain's fault??? How is anyone benefitting from your post?? Do us all a favor and count to 10 before posting please.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone else upgrade their 410 to the .3? I just did and had a couple of questions. 1. are the spindle carrier's different on the .3 than the original. I am currently using the original spindle carrier's and from lock to lock the throw is way shorter than before. 2. I also upgraded to the tapered center front drive shaft. It's rubbing on the front brace. do you have to shave it a bit to fit? Looks like the tapered is a little higher than the original one. Other than learning the new dots LOL, truck is awesome.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfrankito
Anyone else upgrade their 410 to the .3? I just did and had a couple of questions. 1. are the spindle carrier's different on the .3 than the original. I am currently using the original spindle carrier's and from lock to lock the throw is way shorter than before. 2. I also upgraded to the tapered center front drive shaft. It's rubbing on the front brace. do you have to shave it a bit to fit? Looks like the tapered is a little higher than the original one. Other than learning the new dots LOL, truck is awesome.
Tapered drive shaft should be fine with nothing done to it. It is wider than the old steel center shaft, but not wider than the old aluminum shaft. I would suggest grabbing a video of the issue you're having and then we can try to help figure it out. I generally end up with a LITTLE rub there after a while thanks to all the chassis flex from "Hey, watch this!" moments with my SC, but it isn't normal and isn't much.

Spindles are different (larger outer bearing), but the carriers are the same part number, so should not affect steering throw.

Maybe something on the front went back together slightly different if you're having 2 new issues there, or needs camber/toe reset. I'd double check all of that just to be sure.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
Tapered drive shaft should be fine with nothing done to it. It is wider than the old steel center shaft, but not wider than the old aluminum shaft. I would suggest grabbing a video of the issue you're having and then we can try to help figure it out. I generally end up with a LITTLE rub there after a while thanks to all the chassis flex from "Hey, watch this!" moments with my SC, but it isn't normal and isn't much.

Spindles are different (larger outer bearing), but the carriers are the same part number, so should not affect steering throw.

Maybe something on the front went back together slightly different if you're having 2 new issues there, or needs camber/toe reset. I'd double check all of that just to be sure.
I'll take a look and post up some pics when I get home. It's didn't handle differently except for the "drag" brake from the shaft rubbing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.