Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
Hotwire works through my cell phone, not too difficult at the track at all.
unless your like most and own a Apple then your hosed

even with my Android tablet it works and it doesnt. Like the tablet cant see the hotwire link. Others at my track experienced this too. One the reason I was swayed away
Old 10-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=HoldDaMayo;14242339]that would work, that servo is kind of overkill, the 130ss would be good as wel, but either way, the servo would do an excellent job. Radio can be upgraded at any point, no reason to upgrade it right away if that's what you've got.

The power/ESC is good.

Battery/Charger: There are plenty of good options, but my personal recommendation is:

Power Supply: 47A @ 12v - under 50 dollars shipped, I've been using mine for almost a year now, travel with it and use it out in the dust all day... works like a champ.

Charger: Turnigy Mega 400W x 2 - 20A x 2 - can charge 2 packs at the same time at 20A each. I've been using this charger for almost a year as well, works amazing, i don't even keep it in a case, just throw it in my bin of stuff and it's a champ out in the heat and the dust.

Batteries: Vant 6500mah 2S lipo, they make a 75C and a 100C version, they are both awesome, i'm using the 2s and 4s packs from vant, they'll replace your battery if it fails in less than 6 months and if it fails at any point in the life of the battery, they'll give you 50% towards the purchase of a new battery. Only 45-55 dollars depending on model.

Awesome! Thanks just what I was looking for. Only other question I have is about tools. Is there anything special I will need for this build? I have the basic drivers and such. Just want to be prepared so I can start as soon as it arrives. I'd hate to get half way through the build and be forced to stop because I forgot something.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
Hotwire works through my cell phone, not too difficult at the track at all.
Didn't realize they had that capability. I don't why I didn't though, everything has an app these days.

Originally Posted by ezlight
Agreed, 2 things I always have with me at the track. (hotwire & cell/tablet) Much easier than trying to remember a programming box, which I have forgotten a couple times.
Can't say I share the issue here. My programmer never leaves the field box, so it's impossible to forget.
And I have yet to have a dead battery on my programmer either.
I feel like this is one of those balanced opinion deals. Both seem legit in their own ways I suppose.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

With the hotwire the tablet or phone has to have a positive output. Samsung tab3 have positive outputs where tab4 does not. I had to by a cheap $40 RCA tablet for the track.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theo551
I've dabbled with nitro a bit but I want to build a truck and possibly race next year at local track, with that being said let me know if I am on the right path. My plans are to use the HW SCT pro ESC and 4700kv combo, protek 150T servo. Suggestions for a battery and charger would be good. Planning on using futaba 3pl and r2004gf RX would this work or should I upgrade to so ething else. Thanks for any info.
Yes, this will work fine. That's a great motor and a good esc, which make a good combo. I have run that servo in my full EB48 ebuggies for many years without issue (currently out of it for a gear change), and the same thing for the 130T in my SCT410's.

As per your later question on batteries, that depends on what you're doing and if you need 8 or 10 minute mains, or just 5 or 6 minute mains. However, the more you have in the pack, the nicer to the pack you will be when running it. I've run 7200mah SMC packs the majority of the time in my SCT410s and eBuggy Lite and have no complaints.

For chargers and power supplies it also depends on what you want to do, and how future proof you want to be. I use a converted server power supply with several of these Turnigy chargers attached to it, because I want to be able to charge 4s batteries quickly, and possibly 6s in the future. However, you may prefer some of the touchscreen chargers or to have an all in one unit that does multiple batteries, etc. It would definitely be worth looking at what the local hobby shops have to offer, and asking those around you who race what they use. In the past I've been quite happy with my Hitec (traded it as the one I had didn't handle 4s at full charge rates), Thunder Power, and Racers Edge chargers as well.

For tools the usual drivers are of course important. A 17mm wrench is helpful (though the Tekno Shock tool is even better), and needle nose pliers are always helpful. I also like to use vice grips for holding the turnbuckles while I put them together, rather than the various methods available to make them easier to thread (such as drill, chap stick, reaming them out, etc).
Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by justpoet
Yes, this will work fine. That's a great motor and a good esc, which make a good combo. I have run that servo in my full EB48 ebuggies for many years without issue (currently out of it for a gear change), and the same thing for the 130T in my SCT410's.

As per your later question on batteries, that depends on what you're doing and if you need 8 or 10 minute mains, or just 5 or 6 minute mains. However, the more you have in the pack, the nicer to the pack you will be when running it. I've run 7200mah SMC packs the majority of the time in my SCT410s and eBuggy Lite and have no complaints.

For chargers and power supplies it also depends on what you want to do, and how future proof you want to be. I use a converted server power supply with several of attached to it, because I want to be able to charge 4s batteries quickly, and possibly 6s in the future. However, you may prefer some of the touchscreen chargers or to have an all in one unit that does multiple batteries, etc. It would definitely be worth looking at what the local hobby shops have to offer, and asking those around you who race what they use. In the past I've been quite happy with my Hitec (traded it as the one I had didn't handle 4s at full charge rates), Thunder Power, and Racers Edge chargers as well.

For tools the usual drivers are of course important. A 17mm wrench is helpful (though the is even better), and needle nose pliers are always helpful. I also like to use vice grips for holding the turnbuckles while I put them together, rather than the various methods available to make them easier to thread (such as drill, chap stick, reaming them out, etc).
Some great info thank you. Which server power supply are you using? Is it easy to convert?
Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vr6cj
unless your like most and own a Apple then your hosed

even with my Android tablet it works and it doesnt. Like the tablet cant see the hotwire link. Others at my track experienced this too. One the reason I was swayed away
Have had this happen to me once....and after banging my head against the wall, I realized that I have it plugged into the fan port backwards.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:11 AM
PZP
Tech Initiate

Converting old PSU's is a great way to save a lot of money. Just want to be careful not to short anything out, especially yourself!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PZP
Converting old PSU's is a great way to save a lot of money. Just want to be careful not to short anything out, especially yourself!
There's a lot of juice involved in doing so, if your not comfortable, you can find them on ebay already converted in the $30-$50 range.

I would suggest anyone that is even remotely questioning, go the ebay route. And the video's above only show how to convert 1 type of power supply, there are many different styles.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:40 AM
PZP
Tech Initiate

There's a lot of juice involved in doing so, if your not comfortable, you can find them on ebay already converted in the $30-$50 range.

I would suggest anyone that is even remotely questioning, go the ebay route. And the video's above only show how to convert 1 type of power supply, there are many different styles.
Agreed! Free shipping on a few as well at the prices mentioned.
it's at the point to where it almost doesn't make sense to even bother with a home conversion or the head ache, unless you are wanting to do a series 24v unit.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Same one you gave me before?
yeah, if you got changes that work better for carpet for it feel free to post it up, would be great as I know of guys asking about something for carpet on a regular basis and would be nice to give them something current.

I've dabbled with nitro a bit but I want to build a truck and possibly race next year at local track, with that being said let me know if I am on the right path. My plans are to use the HW SCT pro ESC and 4700kv combo, protek 150T servo. Suggestions for a battery and charger would be good. Planning on using futaba 3pl and r2004gf RX would this work or should I upgrade to so ething else. Thanks for any info.
Promatch carries the Vant 7600mah wired pack and has there own 8000mah one too. both include a 1 year warranty. For the money I'd give those a look to be sure you have plenty of runtime.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah, if you got changes that work better for carpet for it feel free to post it up, would be great as I know of guys asking about something for carpet on a regular basis and would be nice to give them something current..
Yeah, Only hit the turf once with the .3 so far, just goofing off. Didn't mess with setup at all. Probably another month or so, I may very well hit the turf.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Tekno RC is now accepting driver sponsorship applications for 2016 with driver resume. Please send an e-mail to your Regional Team Manager (as shown in the link below) with the title "2016 Tekno Sponsorship Application" if you would like to be a part of the team. I am in no position of power at all, just spreading the word. Good luck!
http://www.teknorc.com/rtm-territories/
Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Some great info thank you. Which server power supply are you using? Is it easy to convert?
I'm using an old HP supply. It only takes soldering on one resistor. Some others take a couple. You do need to be skilled at soldering SMALL spots though to do the conversion, but if you are it is easy. There's a thread on rcgroups devoted to power supplies that are known how to be converted. If you want to understand what's going on, or make sure what you're about to do is a known risk/plan, go check over there. If not, the eBay route will only cost about 20 bucks or so more for somebody to have already done it all for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.