R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2017, 01:54 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DirkW
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree83Likes

Old 09-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #2251
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barillms View Post
You don't need shorter springs. The Tekno ones are fine for any ride height from 24-30
I'm not having the same ride height problem as the others on this thread. I can get my ride height down to 25mm in the front and 24mm in the rear. I run on a pretty smooth indoor track with tons of grip, and I want to carry more corner speed without traction rolling. I want to try lowering the ride height down to the 20-22mm range with a little thicker shock oil and see how it handles. More of an experiment than necessity.
red100076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #2252
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barillms View Post
You don't need shorter springs. The Tekno ones are fine for any ride height from 24-30
I agree...if you can not get to 24/25mm then you are not building it correctly. So many factors could be wrong as posted on the page prior.
Home track : Coyote Hobbies,Ca
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #2253
Tech Initiate

That is not true at all. There are many statements in here and other forums about not being able to get the stock ride height. Myself included.
darren509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #2254
Tech Initiate

Built mine just fine and it will not go that low. With emulsion it may but there's no way with the bladders in mine. I have an email from tekno saying to shave the collars if needed and that it is a problem
darren509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #2255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
I agree...if you can not get to 24/25mm then you are not building it correctly. So many factors could be wrong as posted on the page prior.
100% incorrect, this is a serious issue.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:08 PM   #2256
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren509 View Post
Built mine just fine and it will not go that low. With emulsion it may but there's no way with the bladders in mine. I have an email from tekno saying to shave the collars if needed and that it is a problem
Bladders might be the problem !!
Both of my cars are emulsion style .....
Old 09-24-2015, 02:37 AM   #2257
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am perplexed as to why no one seems to be talking about the VRP pistons as a "410 must have" upgrade.
According to several reputable testers and a few 3rd party shock-dyno test to support the VRP claims, when you pick the correct hole size to match similar pack rates to match what you typically run, you will get 17-23% quicker rebound rates.
With that being said, I feel like the application of these would benefit the tekno SCT platform more than any.

With the statistics in place and the fact everyone seems to be raising the oil viscosity to combat the nose dive issue for the 410 trucks, it just seems like a no brainer.

To just up the oil thickness to fix a singular problem (jumps) that is typically the minority of a track's surface seems counter intuitive and kinda dumb in retrospect.

If these pistons truly are averaging a consistent 20% gain in said rebound rate, then this should allow for the heavier oil for pack (keeping the nose up) without phasing away from the benefits granted by the lighter oil initially intended for quality handling.
If my thesis is correct, this should make it so you can have your cake and eat it to!

Here are just a couple things to look at. There is a lot more on these if you do some searches.

RCtech post

Sanford Review

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:16 AM   #2258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bladders shouldn't be any part of the issue. I'd you are building the shocks with rebound in them that will work against you trying to get as low as possible. I always build my shocks dead. Over the weekend I was able to get my ride height down to 22 in the front using kit springs. Also remember that the kit setup is just a general starting point to run the truck.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #2259
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
I am perplexed as to why no one seems to be talking about the VRP pistons as a "410 must have" upgrade.
According to several reputable testers and a few 3rd party shock-dyno test to support the VRP claims, when you pick the correct hole size to match similar pack rates to match what you typically run, you will get 17-23% quicker rebound rates.
With that being said, I feel like the application of these would benefit the tekno SCT platform more than any.

With the statistics in place and the fact everyone seems to be raising the oil viscosity to combat the nose dive issue for the 410 trucks, it just seems like a no brainer.

To just up the oil thickness to fix a singular problem (jumps) that is typically the minority of a track's surface seems counter intuitive and kinda dumb in retrospect.

If these pistons truly are averaging a consistent 20% gain in said rebound rate, then this should allow for the heavier oil for pack (keeping the nose up) without phasing away from the benefits granted by the lighter oil initially intended for quality handling.
If my thesis is correct, this should make it so you can have your cake and eat it to!

Here are just a couple things to look at. There is a lot more on these if you do some searches.

RCtech post

Sanford Review

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That's why the fast guys are fast and the other not so much....

Everyone wants to follow the fast guys set up but one thing you can't see is the pistons and oil !!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #2260
Tech Master

VRP pistons work best with emulsion style(after my independent testing)....with that said....they woke up my Tekno both the 410.3 and Eb48.3 right up. I use 5 /1.3 mm hole pistons with 20 wt oil and they feel like 45wt/pack with 20wt/rebound.I can run the car at 23/24mm rideheight and will not bottom out. They are awesome !! Kinda like MIP bypass system.
Just make sure you 2 washers for each pistons,one for the top and one for the bottom or they'll break. The kits only supply 2 washers for 2 pistons !!
Old 09-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #2261
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
VRP pistons work best with emulsion style(after my independent testing)....with that said....they woke up my Tekno both the 410.3 and Eb48.3 right up. I use 5 /1.3 mm hole pistons with 20 wt oil and they feel like 45wt/pack with 20wt/rebound.I can run the car at 23/24mm rideheight and will not bottom out. They are awesome !! Kinda like MIP bypass system.
Just make sure you 2 washers for each pistons,one for the top and one for the bottom or they'll break. The kits only supply 2 washers for 2 pistons !!

Hey lowes when u say one on top an one on btm then what do u mean, one under the nut an one on the bottom of piston? An do u think this will be good for street,desert, blown out track basher set up ,I'm running pinks [email protected] 30f/35b an it still slaps the bottom ,front is stiff rear is soft ,thanks
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #2262
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Is this one for our truck VRP Pistons 5 Hole 1.3mm Flats for Kyosko, Tekno 1-8 th scale
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #2263
Tech Addict

Here is a list to all the pistons that will work with the 410.3

Tekno VRP Pistons

Also a pic to show what does what in range. In the case of Tekno shocks, the left 1/8 side will help determine the choices.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #2264
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswild View Post
Hey lowes when u say one on top an one on btm then what do u mean, one under the nut an one on the bottom of piston? An do u think this will be good for street,desert, blown out track basher set up ,I'm running pinks [email protected] 30f/35b an it still slaps the bottom ,front is stiff rear is soft ,thanks
I can't imagine running heavier weight rear oil being a good thing, even if it does patch the nose dive issue a bit.
Seems like it would totally destroy any hope of finding a good shock resonance, unless you where extremely different in pistons as well, which sort of negates the idea of it in the first place.
If the truck is known to be heavier in the front, it would seem to me you would be destroying all hope of getting things planted in the rear set up like this.
None of the top divers or pros have resorted to doing this, so I am curious as to how this was concluded to be beneficial?
I would definitely resort to modding things to shift the weight rearward long before reverse offsetting oil.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:32 PM   #2265
Tech Adept

It's has nothing to do with what pros are doing. You try things, and if you like it.... You keep it. If you don't like it, you try something else. I started out running the 6x1.5 pistons with emulsion, and was running 35/25 at first. Then I started going heavier. I went up to 35/32.5. Then 37.5/35. Then I tried swapping the heavier oil into the rear, and went to 35/37.5 and really like it. This weekend I will be running 40/40 and see how it feels. If it sucks I will try 37.5/40 next. It's all about trial & error.

Every driver, every track, every set up is different. It's all about your personal preferences. The best thing I've noticed with the heavier rear oil is the slower rebound. The ass end stays planted, doesn't kick up, and it stays very level in the air. Even over sharp-faced jumps and kickers, and even braking bumps... The rear end stays down and it hooks up great.
Savox Servos
HRP - Hobby & Recreation Products
Barillms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno