Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hawks
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the CC BEC
No problem. It cost me a couple races before I figured it out. I was freaking out about it at first because of the price tag on that servo.
So happened at the track that day, a friend had an extra glitch buster cap that I bought off him and that seemed to help, but it still came back to haunt me even then a race or two later.
So I started to do some research and found out the 9352 is a power hungry beast and needs a lot of constant juice! I love my HW ESC, but mine at least just couldn't seem to keep up with that servo's needs. I found that after I installed the external BEC with it turned up to 7.4v, it had more than enough to run this servo and it also helped to drop ESC strain/resistance which keeps things cooler all around for a "peace of mind" perk of increasing my equipment's life span.
Knowing these things, I will never run any ESC's internal BEC again and IMO feel that everyone could possibly benefit from an external deal.

Anyhow, just so you don't have to fool with the research part, know this...
The CC 10amp BEC will come factory set at 5.1v. This is obviously not enough for your particular servo. You will need a castle link to hook it to a pc and program it up to 7.4v if you want max performance out of the 9352.
However, you have two options.
You can either get the standard Castle Link that only has one function, or you can pay only a few $ more for the Field Programmer Card which also doubles as a standard castle link.
Personally I went with later just in case I ever get a castle ESC, or if one of my friends that might have one need something set on the fly it will be there.
Hope that helps you out before you make a purchase.

Also, here is a video for you to look at showing you what I just explained
Programming your BEC with Castle Link
Old 08-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
No problem. It cost me a couple races before I figured it out. I was freaking out about it at first because of the price tag on that servo.
So happened at the track that day, a friend had an extra glitch buster cap that I bought off him and that seemed to help, but it still came back to haunt me even then a race or two later.
So I started to do some research and found out the 9352 is a power hungry beast and needs a lot of constant juice! I love my HW ESC, but mine at least just couldn't seem to keep up with that servo's needs. I found that after I installed the external BEC with it turned up to 7.4v, it had more than enough to run this servo and it also helped to drop ESC strain/resistance which keeps things cooler all around for a "peace of mind" perk of increasing my equipment's life span.
Knowing these things, I will never run any ESC's internal BEC again and IMO feel that everyone could possibly benefit from an external deal.

Anyhow, just so you don't have to fool with the research part, know this...
The CC 10amp BEC will come factory set at 5.1v. This is obviously not enough for your particular servo. You will need a castle link to hook it to a pc and program it up to 7.4v if you want max performance out of the 9352.
However, you have two options.
You can either get the standard Castle Link that only has one function, or you can pay only a few $ more for the Field Programmer Card which also doubles as a standard castle link.
Personally I went with later just in case I ever get a castle ESC, or if one of my friends that might have one need something set on the fly it will be there.
Hope that helps you out before you make a purchase.

Also, here is a video for you to look at showing you what I just explained
Programming your BEC with Castle Link
Thanks mate. I appreciate all the info. I have ordered the BEC and castle link and will get it installed asap.

👍
Old 08-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

from page 1 it states, "Our posts can be adjusted to directly line up with those of the Losi SCTE, Traxxas Slash"

can anyone confirm it's the slash and not slash 4x4? I'm getting the proline f150 body and it has different body posts kits for the slash and slah 4x4.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
IMO you shouldn't have to compensate your driving to get the truck not to nose down. I wish someone would put this to rest and figure it out once and for all. I would love to try another sct410 and was hoping the .3 would end the jumping issue but apparently it hasn't.
It's easy, called test and tune bud. You've been around long enough to figure this out.

I figured it out with the V1, and I'm also not having the issue with the V3. I can also drive the V3 harder, and getting better results than the V1. Possible my skills have gotten better, but I had identical race times last weekend with my sct410.3 & my EB48.2 on the same track. Says a lot for the .3 IMHO.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by novaris
from page 1 it states, "Our posts can be adjusted to directly line up with those of the Losi SCTE, Traxxas Slash"

can anyone confirm it's the slash and not slash 4x4? I'm getting the proline f150 body and it has different body posts kits for the slash and slah 4x4.
Doesn't matter, You'll be making the holes yourself.

If your talking about the proline body posts with the screw caps, they make one specifically for the tekno now.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
It's easy, called test and tune bud. You've been around long enough to figure this out.

I figured it out with the V1, and I'm also not having the issue with the V3. I can also drive the V3 harder, and getting better results than the V1. Possible my skills have gotten better, but I had identical race times last weekend with my sct410.3 & my EB48.2 on the same track. Says a lot for the .3 IMHO.
If you were around when the original truck was released I was very active on that forum and came up with a good setup that a lot of guys tried and liked. If you knew me you wouldn't be lecturing me on test and tune because I change my setup every race day and sometimes several times. I get a lot of crap from my racing friends because my truck is always torn apart between heats changing something. I tried literally dozens of setups over the course of a year owning that truck. If I increased pack and/or spring rate to get it to jump right it didn't transfer weight and lost grip. It was frustrating to say the least. And after driving Austin Blair's truck I knew it was more than a setup issue. His felt no better than mine.

That being said, I'm not bashing the truck. Like I said I would love to own another one but I'm a little spooked by reading the same complaints on this thread.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

I've been testing & tuning from Day 1. Every week I clean, rebuild the shocks and make a small change or two. Every weekend I try new things, to see if they help or hurt. And I keep notes on what I've changed and whether it's good or bad.

Seriously, this truck is amazing. You won't have any regrets whatsoever. It's a beast
Old 08-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
If you were around when the original truck was released I was very active on that forum and came up with a good setup that a lot of guys tried and liked. If you knew me you wouldn't be lecturing me on test and tune because I change my setup every race day and sometimes several times. I get a lot of crap from my racing friends because my truck is always torn apart between heats changing something. I tried literally dozens of setups over the course of a year owning that truck. If I increased pack and/or spring rate to get it to jump right it didn't transfer weight and lost grip. It was frustrating to say the least. And after driving Austin Blair's truck I knew it was more than a setup issue. His felt no better than mine.

That being said, I'm not bashing the truck. Like I said I would love to own another one but I'm a little spooked by reading the same complaints on this thread.
Oh, believe me, I know the name. That's why I said you've been around long enough. I used some of your advice getting my V1 dialed in, and I must say, You were a great help. Thanks for that! My comment wasn't meant as lecturing by any means, sorry it came out that way.

The .3 has taken me a couple months to get it close, with using race days as testing days, but she's on point now. (First race was abysmal to be honest, chassis slapping/nose diving galore) I'm in debate with myself if I want to lighten the suspension a little more, which I think I am going to do. Your same tuning advice applies here to be honest. But, I'm also racing on different tracks now vs then. Before I was on indoor clay, and now I'm outdoors with bigger tracks.

As far as sheet chasers, I like trying out different setup's sometimes to see how I like them. I'll go to a track with another setup in the truck, see how I like it. Change it a little if something doesn't feel right. And fine tune them to see what I end up with. As was said, Everyone has different driving styles. I also like looking at other sheets, to see how close/far they are with mine. Helps me know if I'm out in left field or not, but also reads to how different the tracks are.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Oh, believe me, I know the name. That's why I said you've been around long enough. I used some of your advice getting my V1 dialed in, and I must say, You were a great help. Thanks for that! My comment wasn't meant as lecturing by any means, sorry it came out that way.

The .3 has taken me a couple months to get it close, with using race days as testing days, but she's on point now. (First race was abysmal to be honest, chassis slapping/nose diving galore) I'm in debate with myself if I want to lighten the suspension a little more, which I think I am going to do. Your same tuning advice applies here to be honest. But, I'm also racing on different tracks now vs then. Before I was on indoor clay, and now I'm outdoors with bigger tracks.

As far as sheet chasers, I like trying out different setup's sometimes to see how I like them. I'll go to a track with another setup in the truck, see how I like it. Change it a little if something doesn't feel right. And fine tune them to see what I end up with. As was said, Everyone has different driving styles. I also like looking at other sheets, to see how close/far they are with mine. Helps me know if I'm out in left field or not, but also reads to how different the tracks are.

Cool. I appreciate the advice. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up. I do the same as you, I look at other setup sheets and look for similarities between my setup and theirs and also get some good ideas to try that maybe I didn't think about. Sounds like Tekno definitely improved the truck since I had one. Looking forward to trying one out.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Using 410.3 arms with original hinge pin braces?

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my sct410.1 to the v3 suspension geometry and I was wondering if the new arms and hubs have the same toe in and anti squat angles as the originals? The reason for asking is that I have the original hinge pin brace system all in aluminum and I don't plan on upgrading the braces at this time, but I want to be sure I have the correct anti squat and toe in settings.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

I personally like when people talk about their set ups and why they did or didn't work. I'm fairly new to the hobby and I've been buying RTR's until getting my first race kit, the SCT 410.3.
I enjoy reading about what others have experienced and what they've done to improve.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

You Should be fine to use your old blocks, but you'll just be shy on all the adjustments.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

You Should be fine to use your old blocks, but you'll just be shy on all the adjustments.
I understand that I won't have as many adjustment options available to me as I have less hole positions. But I'm not understanding how I will be "just shy on the adjustments"? The v3 stock setup is 3 degree anti squat and and 2 degrees toe in. Those are the exact numbers the original system gives me. Am I missing something?

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-rearouter3_zpsec5d5eca.jpg

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-rearinner2_zps10735000.jpg
Old 08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by red100076
I understand that I won't have as many adjustment options available to me as I have less hole positions. But I'm not understanding how I will be "just shy on the adjustments"? The v3 stock setup is 3 degree anti squat and and 2 degrees toe in. Those are the exact numbers the original system gives me. Am I missing something?

Attachment 1310834

Attachment 1310836
The .3 allows for Hi & lo roll center adjustments in the blocks that you can't get with the OG 410 and the .3 hubs don't add any toe like the OG did. You can get some similar adjustments but won't be able to duplicate them all.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
The .3 allows for Hi & lo roll center adjustments in the blocks that you can't get with the OG 410 and the .3 hubs don't add any toe like the OG did. You can get some similar adjustments but won't be able to duplicate them all.

I was not aware that you could adjust the roll center at the hinge braces, I thought that was all in the camber link adjustment. Thanks for the lesson. So with the original braces I can only go up and down on the inner rear block and side to side on the rear, the new braces add in a diagonal adjustments. Got it.

I want to start with the stock v3 settings in the rear of the truck which is 3 degrees anti-squat and 2 degrees toe in. So correct me if I'm wrong, front brace top dot and rear brace inner dot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.