Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Just picked up my SCT410.3 I have run a Tekno every summer for 3 years now. Last year the best I ever had the truck was Kyosho 1/8 buggy light blue springs front and TEKNO yellow rear springs. AE 37.5wt front 32.5wt rear with whatever stock Pistons were with last years kit. It got rid of the nose diving on our bigger jumps and the truck was really easy to drive IMO. Outdoor hard packed dry with dust layer. Hope this can help anyone

-Ducky
Old 08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Standing the rear shocks up will make it feel more stiff, as you are compressing the springs in a more linear direction with the arm. Laying them down increases the leverage against the shock.
Laying them down would be the outside hole on the arm, therefore less leverage on the shock. The set up guide says it makes the shock more progressive... Where it's soft initially, then progressively gets stiffer throughout the stroke.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
Laying them down would be the outside hole on the arm, therefore less leverage on the shock. The set up guide says it makes the shock more progressive... Where it's soft initially, then progressively gets stiffer throughout the stroke.
Laying them down is always referred to the tower not the arm. Seperate adjustments. Arm changes the lever ratio which makes the shock shaft speed change for the same amount of wheel travel (affects pack and spring rate effectiveness). Tower changes the progressiveness of the shock.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What size wheel nuts fit on this car?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theboss13
What size wheel nuts fit on this car?
Original car is 4mm, the .3 is 5mm
Old 08-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barillms
The arm adjustment also effects piston speeds, where that will impact pack of the shocks.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The arm adjustment also effects piston speeds, where that will impact pack of the shocks.

Originally Posted by Everybody79x
Laying them down is always referred to the tower not the arm. Seperate adjustments. Arm changes the lever ratio which makes the shock shaft speed change for the same amount of wheel travel (affects pack and spring rate effectiveness). Tower changes the progressiveness of the shock.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Original car is 4mm, the .3 is 5mm
Thanks
Old 08-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me with a high grip setup? I ran the car for the first time today and I had a massive group roll problem. I tried lowing the car as much as I could but it still didn't really help that much. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I am having a problem with the front ride height being too high. Nothing I have done will bring it down to stock height. I am at about 31mm with body and battery, and have been reading page after page in here and cant find my answer yet. Anyone else have a solution for this ?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by darren509
I am having a problem with the front ride height being too high. Nothing I have done will bring it down to stock height. I am at about 31mm with body and battery, and have been reading page after page in here and cant find my answer yet. Anyone else have a solution for this ?
Break in the springs. They need to settle in a bit. Pull them out and fully compress them a few times in your hand.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Millsy97
Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me with a high grip setup? I ran the car for the first time today and I had a massive group roll problem. I tried lowing the car as much as I could but it still didn't really help that much. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Stand up shocks, Lengthen camber links, limit droop.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

I switched to pink springs and it worked wonders for me
Old 08-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So I recently rebuilt my shocks and while doing that I came up with some more theories as to why getting the correct ride height can be difficult. I am simply going to list everything I can think of - and yes, we realize that some of our springs are a little longer than is optimal for some situations.

1. This is what I think might be getting a lot of people. Make sure your shock shaft is completely screwed into the shock end. If you measure your completed shocks the front should be no longer than 104.75mm and the rear no longer than 120.75mm. That's eye to eye measurement. From the bottom of the shock guide to the top of the shock end should be 30.25mm in the front and 38.25mm in the rear. The way I like to check the depth without calipers is by continuing to tighten the shock end in until the ball no longer spins freely than back it off about a quarter turn or until it's free again.

2. Make sure you're measuring from the flat part of the chassis in the front, not the kick-up part.

3. The less rebound you build your shocks with the lower you can get your ride height.

4. This has been stated already but it bears repeating - all springs need some use to settle. The more you run your springs (up to a point of course) the lower your ride height can be.

5. Make sure that the spring perch is under the shock boot. Our old shock boots used to go through the perch, that is not the case with the new ones.

6. If you try all of those and still have problems, try shaving the plastic collars down, that's good for ~2mm.

That's all I can think of right now, if anyone else has any tips or ideas, please post them up.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
So I recently rebuilt my shocks and while doing that I came up with some more theories as to why getting the correct ride height can be difficult. I am simply going to list everything I can think of - and yes, we realize that some of our springs are a little longer than is optimal for some situations.

1. This is what I think might be getting a lot of people. Make sure your shock shaft is completely screwed into the shock end. If you measure your completed shocks the front should be no longer than 104.75mm and the rear no longer than 120.75mm. That's eye to eye measurement. From the bottom of the shock guide to the top of the shock end should be 30.25mm in the front and 38.25mm in the rear. The way I like to check the depth without calipers is by continuing to tighten the shock end in until the ball no longer spins freely than back it off about a quarter turn or until it's free again.

2. Make sure you're measuring from the flat part of the chassis in the front, not the kick-up part.

3. The less rebound you build your shocks with the lower you can get your ride height.

4. This has been stated already but it bears repeating - all springs need some use to settle. The more you run your springs (up to a point of course) the lower your ride height can be.

5. Make sure that the spring perch is under the shock boot. Our old shock boots used to go through the perch, that is not the case with the new ones.

6. If you try all of those and still have problems, try shaving the plastic collars down, that's good for ~2mm.

That's all I can think of right now, if anyone else has any tips or ideas, please post them up.
Thanks for that Matt, #1 and #3 could possibly be a issue for me that I will look into. And thanks for what you said here
" and yes, we realize that some of our springs are a little longer than is optimal for some situations."
It's nice to know I wasn't completely crazy fighting the ride height issues on both truck and SL buggy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.