Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just put one of these together.. Awesome kit by the way.. Anyways my question is this.. I race 1/10 4x4 buggy I have a duratrax DE10 ESC on it and it works great.. My cousin uses one on his 1/10 4x4 buggy and his SC10 4x4 and they work great on both too.. Anyone try this ESC (DE10) on a SCT410.3? I'm using a 550 4800kv 4 pole sensored motor. I just want a ESC with a smaller footprint.. I currently am using a Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro.. Works fine but it's just to big..
Old 03-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SerpJimmy
Awesome. Thanks
Old 03-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default just want to say thanks

You definitely saved me some money with the link to that power supply and I used your advise on the charger plus I picked up a few of the batteries off rcjuice. Gotta tell ya it's tough trying find the right stuff there's just so many options at every step and that rc juice had the shipment here in 3 days. I never even heard of them before that post. The ups driver should be bringing the rest of pieces to the puzzle soon just in time because the weather starting to take a turn for the better up here. Good times
Old 03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scott_J
My battery is in the stock location, and with the correct rear shock setup it isn't "nose heavy" at all. The reason it nosedives is the rear of the chassis slaps the face of the jump, sending it ass over tea kettle. Pistons and oils are only to adjust shock speed based on track surface. The spring is for compression. If you're landing flat instead of on the back of the "landing ramp" you're hitting the jump too fast and shock tuning isn't the problem.
Some people have your argument no doubt, but I am not alone on my reasoning behind what I said. I was told these things by a Tekno pro driver.
And everything I did in respect to that made the truck much much better than it was without said things accounted for.
I am not one to just take anyones advice as the gospel, but if a person is generally much faster than everyone else, I will certainly try what they do.
Your setup might very well be what works for you none the less.

Originally Posted by tommyii77
I just put one of these together.. Awesome kit by the way.. Anyways my question is this.. I race 1/10 4x4 buggy I have a duratrax DE10 ESC on it and it works great.. My cousin uses one on his 1/10 4x4 buggy and his SC10 4x4 and they work great on both too.. Anyone try this ESC (DE10) on a SCT410.3? I'm using a 550 4800kv 4 pole sensored motor. I just want a ESC with a smaller footprint.. I currently am using a Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro.. Works fine but it's just to big..
To big? That is one of the smaller ESC's in the list. I run an XR8, and it's prolly at least 1/3rd larger than the SCT-pro. It's by far the best ESC I have ever used. Smooth is an understatement.

Originally Posted by Jeff burns
You definitely saved me some money with the link to that power supply and I used your advise on the charger plus I picked up a few of the batteries off rcjuice. Gotta tell ya it's tough trying find the right stuff there's just so many options at every step and that rc juice had the shipment here in 3 days. I never even heard of them before that post. The ups driver should be bringing the rest of pieces to the puzzle soon just in time because the weather starting to take a turn for the better up here. Good times
RC juice doesn't mess around! That guy cares about his customers and gets things to you super fast.
I am glad to hear you went the route you did with the charger and PSU.
You should be more than happy with your equipment!
Having a top charger is very under rated, and you'll realize this most when you can see all the important information that other systems at your track just can't provide you.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Josh L
Some people have your argument no doubt, but I am not alone on my reasoning behind what I said. I was told these things by a Tekno pro driver.
And everything I did in respect to that made the truck much much better than it was without said things accounted for.
I am not one to just take anyones advice as the gospel, but if a person is generally much faster than everyone else, I will certainly try what they do.
Your setup might very well be what works for you none the less.

To big? That is one of the smaller ESC's in the list. I run an XR8, and it's prolly at least 1/3rd larger than the SCT-pro. It's by far the best ESC I have ever used. Smooth is an understatement.

RC juice doesn't mess around! That guy cares about his customers and gets things to you super fast.
I am glad to hear you went the route you did with the charger and PSU.
You should be more than happy with your equipment!
Having a top charger is very under rated, and you'll realize this most when you can see all the important information that other systems at your track just can't provide you.

I have it on and working.. Yes it's a great ESC.. Yes it's too big.. I was asking a question about a different ESC hoping someone may have tried one.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tommyii77
I have it on and working.. Yes it's a great ESC.. Yes it's too big.. I was asking a question about a different ESC hoping someone may have tried one.
The problem with smaller ESC's are the lack of a good HV BEC. Most only put out up to 6v 3amps, just as the SCT-pro has. The SCT pro is a great ESC over all, but you have to bypass that BEC with an external unit if you plan on running anything that needs HV. I had to run an external BEC (Castle adjustable 10 amp) unit to get enough juice for my futaba 9352, or it would get so slow and laggy that it was like turning a mac truck around.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone tried the Tacon 4800kv 550 sized sensored 4pole motor in the SCT410.3? If so what are your thought.. Seems ok, but going to the track today.. $50 motor had to try it.. ESC is a Hobbywing SCT PRO. Please thet me know any personal experiences..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-Xe...EAAOSwrx5UU5Xv

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m921-sen...66-kv4800.html

Last edited by tommyii77; 03-06-2016 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Added links
Old 03-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Josh, Have you been running the XR8 on 2s? Power seem OK compared to RX8? I LOVE Xr8 on 1/8 4s stuff but haven't tried it out on 2s. The reason I ask is because the old Hobbywing 150amp 1/8 speedo was a turd on 2s.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Josh L
The problem with smaller ESC's are the lack of a good HV BEC. Most only put out up to 6v 3amps, just as the SCT-pro has. The SCT pro is a great ESC over all, but you have to bypass that BEC with an external unit if you plan on running anything that needs HV. I had to run an external BEC (Castle adjustable 10 amp) unit to get enough juice for my futaba 9352, or it would get so slow and laggy that it was like turning a mac truck around.
I have a brand new Castle BEC if needed.. Thanks
Old 03-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Josh, Have you been running the XR8 on 2s? Power seem OK compared to RX8? I LOVE Xr8 on 1/8 4s stuff but haven't tried it out on 2s. The reason I ask is because the old Hobbywing 150amp 1/8 speedo was a turd on 2s.
Yeah, you need to run a cap pack on there, it doesn't like voltage drop that happens with high KV motors on 2S. Just one of those little things people don't realize with the XR8
I will do a lot more testing soon as the local tracks open up, so I will know a lot more about them then for sure
Old 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default My new build 410.3

Hey everyone been out of the hobby for about 3 years. I built a DESC-V2 Pro and never raced it.

So I picked this up for $339.99 off of tower hobbies. It took me about 20 hours to build it. I took my time. I went with the Tekno default setup.

Tekno SCT 410.3, AKA Gridiron tires, Hitec 7955TG digital servo, Flysky radio.

Only thing I did different with my build, was I used the Delrin Conical cnc shock pistons, and Delrin conical CNC inner o ring washers and spacers. It is very very smooth!

Tekin Pro4 4600KV will be here tomorrow.

This is a budget build,

Still undecided on a ESC?

I used a Arma body for now. As I am having one painted!

Old 03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

With being on a budget and with your 6V servo choice I would put a Hobbywing sct pro in it. Probably going to be your best bang for the buck. Nice move with the CNC shock parts, I build all my kits with them. Are you using the stock plastic servo horn? If so I would highly recommend getting a alloy servo horn.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan.J
With being on a budget and with your 6V servo choice I would put a Hobbywing sct pro in it. Probably going to be your best bang for the buck. Nice move with the CNC shock parts, I build all my kits with them. Are you using the stock plastic servo horn? If so I would highly recommend getting a alloy servo horn.
I've got a ProTek 24 tooth servo horn on the way.

The Hitec 7955TG servo is pretty tough they seem to handle 7.4+ volts without a hiccup.

I have never had one die on me. So I plan to run higher voltage to this one to

I like the RX8 Gen2 but it's expensive, and I like the Reedy 410R it's expensive to, but nice software. The Mamba monster X is nice and it is even sensored and seems fairly reasonable with a tower hobbies discount code.

I may just run the hobby wing pro sct, if I don't find any deals on the F/S forums on here.

I am mostly excited to run the Tekin Pro4 on this truck. I really can't wait.

And as for the CNC shock parts I think it's about the best $40 bucks one could spend on a kit. The stock pistons are very rough, and tough to smooth out when taken from the parts tree. I may go for the tin coated shafts, and aluminum caps later. But, I don't think I will see to much improvement.

One other thing! This Tekno kit was so smooth to build! Great instructions! Very fun, most fun I've had in a while. The only problem I had was there were (2) screws left over upon the knuckle assembly. And I figured it out,they were to adjust how far the knuckles can turn. Very nice.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tps3443
I've got a ProTek 24 tooth servo horn on the way.

The Hitec 7955TG servo is pretty tough they seem to handle 7.4+ volts without a hiccup.

I have never had one die on me. So I plan to run higher voltage to this one to

I like the RX8 Gen2 but it's expensive, and I like the Reedy 410R it's expensive to, but nice software. The Mamba monster X is nice and it is even sensored and seems fairly reasonable with a tower hobbies discount code.

I may just run the hobby wing pro sct, if I don't find any deals on the F/S forums on here.

I am mostly excited to run the Tekin Pro4 on this truck. I really can't wait.

And as for the CNC shock parts I think it's about the best $40 bucks one could spend on a kit. The stock pistons are very rough, and tough to smooth out when taken from the parts tree. I may go for the tin coated shafts, and aluminum caps later. But, I don't think I will see to much improvement.

One other thing! This Tekno kit was so smooth to build! Great instructions! Very fun, most fun I've had in a while. The only problem I had was there were (2) screws left over upon the knuckle assembly. And I figured it out,they were to adjust how far the knuckles can turn. Very nice.
They are a smooth build. Make sure you play with those steering stops on the spindles, helps calm down the steering a bunch. I like 3-4 washers on the truck and still have a TON of steering. Make sure you reset your end points after adjusting washers.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hi All

I just wondering Anybody using 4s lipo on sct410?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.