Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
Should be? LMAO There's no rules that say what oil to run with what springs?? Wow. You run whatever works best for you! Hilarious
Lowes was just trying to help you Mr. AVC racer, what are u 12? You sure seem like a goof.

Back on the 410.3, wheels wise I really like the DE speedline plus with 0 offset, awesome wheels that fit and hold up great. Everyone is right that no one setup is going to fit everyone's style/track, sometimes they will get you close with minor changes though. I try to listen and learn from the guys on here and at the track that know what there talking about and I also try to learn things on my own......the tuning and learning setups is another fun part of the hobby to me.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Lowes was just trying to help you Mr. AVC racer, what are u 12? You sure seem like a goof.

Back on the 410.3, wheels wise I really like the DE speedline plus with 0 offset, awesome wheels that fit and hold up great. Everyone is right that no one setup is going to fit everyone's style/track, sometimes they will get you close with minor changes though. I try to listen and learn from the guys on here and at the track that know what there talking about and I also try to learn things on my own......the tuning and learning setups is another fun part of the hobby to me.
I agree with you. The zero offset DE speedline are my favorite as well due to the fact that they are the stiffest and more consistent than other brands.I found in many tests that your set ups will have to be reconsider if you switch wheels or even tires/foam.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Wheels and Tires

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
I agree with you. The zero offset DE speedline are my favorite as well due to the fact that they are the stiffest and more consistent than other brands.I found in many tests that your set ups will have to be reconsider if you switch wheels or even tires/foam.

Gentlemen, appreciate the advice. My first SCTE wheels were 0 offset and rubbed the inside A-arm at full turn. My second set of DE's (Trinidads) are +3mm offset and don't rub the A-arm --but they seem really tight relative to the CVA assembly (I can only get a single sheet of paper through the gap between the set screw on the arm and the inside of the wheel.)

So, I'll try the J-Concept Hazard SCTE wheel with a Proline Trencher for our carpet races -- will a 0 offset fit without rubbing the A-arm at full turn? ROAR rules doen't apply to the racing we do.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If you guys want to run the wider offset wheels and keep it within the body width you can always run the front and rear pills on the inner locations. Don't know what effect it will have on the handling, narrow pivot and wider offset, but it's something to look at. It won't fully offset the different wheels if they are 3mm per side though. I think the narrow pivot will change 1.5mm per side.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First race today with the new set-up... WINNER WINNER WINNER !!!

Old Guys Rule !!!! LOL

Ran my fastest laps today, picked one lap in the 10 min main (won't comment on 10 second turn-marshal fiasco...).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cliff set-up.pdf (48.9 KB, 254 views)
Old 09-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I'm considering picking one of these bad boys up. I'm wondering if there are any must upgrades? Ive heard to get the carbon towers and aluminum suspension holders, those are a must?
Old 09-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrm1977
I'm considering picking one of these bad boys up. I'm wondering if there are any must upgrades? Ive heard to get the carbon towers and aluminum suspension holders, those are a must?
Carbon towers are nice but not a "must" in my opinion, I haven't hurt a stock tower yet BUT I'm sure it can and does happen. The alum blocks are nice, I built my kits with alum A and D blocks and recently put in the alum C block to get a little less antisquat if needed. Alum servo horn and upgrade the wheel hex's is a good idea and I personally run all the CNC shock parts as I feel its money well spent. Truck is solid and performs VERY well.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nrm1977
I would say aluminum A block,servo horn that's all then build it and have fun
Old 09-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
That's from my experience of all the testing I have done. Just trying to help that's all.
if you have to run rear oil thicker than the front to make your car drive half way decent then your set ups are off. Just sayin. .....
But hey....do what you want!! Lol
My set up is way off eh? I got 3rd today out of a stacked field of 17 CORR Mod trucks.... all fast Teknos and 2 Losi. But 40/45 is too heavy to run with Green/Yellow springs right?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Barillms;14200413]My set up is way off eh? I got 3rd today out of a stacked field of 17 CORR Mod trucks.... all fast Teknos and 2 Losi. But 40/45 is too heavy to run with Green/Yellow springs right?[/QUOTE)]
Congrats!! You're my hero!!!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

M2C adaptors and Buggy wheels FTW ☺

Old 09-28-2015, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pretty cool man! I am thinking about getting the adapters myself. Would like to know how the ARRMA Senton wheels fit. I think they are really nice looking, especially with some trick wheel nuts

DarkStar Senton Wheels

Last edited by Josh L; 09-28-2015 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Wheel ARRMA Senton fit! I use the wheel on my Durango and Tekno with 17mm adapters!
Old 09-28-2015, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mitrich
Wheel ARRMA Senton fit! I use the wheel on my Durango and Tekno with 17mm adapters!
Wurd. I will have to pick a setup then.
How where they in quality in your opinion?
Old 09-28-2015, 04:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Josh L
Wurd. I will have to pick a setup then.
How where they in quality in your opinion?
My English is very bad (((
I can understand not all! (((
I'm running wheels DE 17mm and Teкno plastic adapter
DE Racing "Trinidad" SC
very good wheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.