R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree68Likes

Old 06-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #1051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Battery cutoff all depends on your battery, and how the cells discharge over a run. Start by setting it high, around 3.8. Run the pack to cutoff and then check your individual cell volts. If they are still balanced you can drop the cutoff. If you can run both until both cells are around 3.2-3.4 you should be good. As the battery drains one cell may dip below 3.0 with a load on it. Setting it higher minimizes that, and keeps the total pack voltage up.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #1052
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ok, Thanks guys, let's hope for tekno win on sat
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #1053
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
Anyone know when available carbon tower? Can't wait to upgrade my new kit.
No one knows an exact date, but soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikekid33 View Post
I will not buy the carbon again they were the only thing I have seen that lacks in quality made by tekno, cracks easy and Layers coming apart , and I have gone through 2 sets.
A little trick is to carefully apply ca glue to the outer flat area. it absorbs into the fibres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advpball View Post
just wondering what kind of voltage cutoff with 2 cell packs?
I was at 2.8 per and voltage not equaling in cells raise to 3.0 maybe I'm running hobbywing 4700....fast lol
2.8!!!! WOW!!! read your manual. shouldn't go below 3.0 most do 3.2 for a buffer
Old 06-07-2015, 02:18 AM   #1054
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most of the HW ESCs have an overly sensitive cut off. Its usually about .5v to .75v off.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:25 AM   #1055
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Most of the HW ESCs have an overly sensitive cut off. Its usually about .5v to .75v off.
Yup, have seen ALOT of people with that issue scratching there heads. Getting ready to take out the .3 and the Sl for there maiden voyages, ride height is very high on both front of truck and front and rear on buggy with no preload, rear of truck is sooooooo soft not sure how its going to go, I know they will settle after running but sure seem's like Tekno should have used different springs so you could achieve stock setup out of the box on these things, gonna be some ugly laps today I'm afraid
Old 06-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #1056
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The first big race on the Sct410.3 the car seems too free and lack forward bite with the stockTook 3rd in the A main.

The second race I've made changes to diffs,rear springs,camber and rear blocks and took 2nd place with just .73 second behind the leader. The car now has more forward/side bite,very nimble and confident.I believe this car has tons of adjustments that will able to fit all driving style.Awesome job Tekno !!!

Last edited by Lowe's48; 06-07-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #1057
Tech Addict

Ran the truck today for several packs, stock setup on the truck but WAY high in front (like 30-32mm) and honestly it didn't settle much at all throughout the morning. Soft rear setup worked better then I thought it would, didnt have any nosedive issues and truck felt pretty good, couldn't drive it as hard as I would like with the front ride height so tall it wanted to traction role but was still pretty quick. Thinking once ride height settles this thing is going to be pretty close for me setup wise. Steering is amazing in this truck coming from the Losi SCT. All in all good first outing but not being able to get the ride height down is a bummer, if it doesnt settle I guess I will have to make some changes.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #1058
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

if you find you are still fighting ride height with the springs, try some Hot Bodies springs. they are shorter than the teknos.

Speaking of which, if anyone needs some tekno and hot bodies springs let me know. I got a variety I am going to sell as I don't need them, also a set of Tekno 6 x 1.5 pistons NIB
Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #1059
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Converting my 410 to 410.3

So for you guys that have bought the conversion from fierce solution and have run it for some time now,what should I expect? Is it everything you hoped for? Has your lap times improved, easier to drive, jumps better? Any thing different I need to do to get it handling the same way as a fresh 410.3? Thanks
Tekno NB48.4/ Alpha Dragon III
HB D413/tekin rsx/gen3 6.5
lala4fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #1060
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.J View Post
Ran the truck today for several packs, stock setup on the truck but WAY high in front (like 30-32mm) and honestly it didn't settle much at all throughout the morning. Soft rear setup worked better then I thought it would, didnt have any nosedive issues and truck felt pretty good, couldn't drive it as hard as I would like with the front ride height so tall it wanted to traction role but was still pretty quick. Thinking once ride height settles this thing is going to be pretty close for me setup wise. Steering is amazing in this truck coming from the Losi SCT. All in all good first outing but not being able to get the ride height down is a bummer, if it doesnt settle I guess I will have to make some changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
if you find you are still fighting ride height with the springs, try some Hot Bodies springs. they are shorter than the teknos.

Speaking of which, if anyone needs some tekno and hot bodies springs let me know. I got a variety I am going to sell as I don't need them, also a set of Tekno 6 x 1.5 pistons NIB
The situation with the Tekno springs is absolutely ridiculous. I have several packs on both my stock fronts and my pink fronts and neither lets me get a ride height below 30mm.

Yet the stock setup calls for a 25mm ride height. How does Tekno not see this as an issue?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #1061
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have upgraded to the SCT.3, but not updated my shock rod ends and retainers yet to the locking ones. any issues with them?
Brandon Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #1062
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
The situation with the Tekno springs is absolutely ridiculous. I have several packs on both my stock fronts and my pink fronts and neither lets me get a ride height below 30mm.

Yet the stock setup calls for a 25mm ride height. How does Tekno not see this as an issue?
I can't comment on if Tekno is planning anything for this, but there are some ways to help this.

I'm assuming your car is pretty much new, so there shouldn't be any bent hingepins. However, a critical step many guys miss with the Tekno rides is not reaming out their arms all the way. To have the vehicle operate correctly, the hingepin should be able to fall through the arm (with droop screws installed!) or when brand new fall through with a very light tap.

Once you do that, try taking the springs off of the buggy and compress them completely a few times to 'settle' the new spring.

Hopefully this helps a little!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 AM   #1063
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post

Finished building my sct410.3 yesterday and took it out for its first run today and all i can say is what a blast, ran 4 packs threw it and i was smiling the whole time this SCT has far exceeded my expectations, it drives exactly the same as my NT48 its absolutely amazing, best fun I've had in a long time. However the reason for my post is, after building the kit to book setup running the emulsion style shock i couldn't get the ride height under 28mm but exactly the way it has been suggested i ran 4 packs threw it then checked my ride height and it now sits at 23mm to get 25mm i actually have the shocks screwed down about 3 threads on the shock body, so I'm not understanding why some trucks can achieve 25mm ride height and some can't, i wonder if it has to do with emulsion vs vented, but like i said earlier i built it to book setup with the emulsion style shock and 0% rebound and have no problem getting 25mm.
Thanks TEKNO another awesome addition to my tekno fleet.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:14 AM   #1064
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

I said i was?
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #1065
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
Finished building my sct410.3 yesterday and took it out for its first run today and all i can say is what a blast, ran 4 packs threw it and i was smiling the whole time this SCT has far exceeded my expectations, it drives exactly the same as my NT48 its absolutely amazing, best fun I've had in a long time. However the reason for my post is, after building the kit to book setup running the emulsion style shock i couldn't get the ride height under 28mm but exactly the way it has been suggested i ran 4 packs threw it then checked my ride height and it now sits at 23mm to get 25mm i actually have the shocks screwed down about 3 threads on the shock body, so I'm not understanding why some trucks can achieve 25mm ride height and some can't, i wonder if it has to do with emulsion vs vented, but like i said earlier i built it to book setup with the emulsion style shock and 0% rebound and have no problem getting 25mm.
Thanks TEKNO another awesome addition to my tekno fleet.
Mine are vented, gonna race next saturday so I need to figure something out to get it down in the front.

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno