R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree81Likes

Old 03-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I know most people don't run boost. Why not adjust your boost at the top of the rpm curve to give that jolt for your front end to come up? Just thinking out loud. I just adjust my driving for certain jumps...
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the vehicle is nose diving off jumps, I thought softening the rear, helps it to not drop the front of the vehicle, as in kicking up the rear. So it should be better to soften the rear rather than stiffen it up. Right? At least this is what helped me. I think this is always a problem with 4x4's because of the additional weight up front from the extra drive line. You would think that thicker shock oil and softer springs in the rear would help this.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #78
Tech Initiate

Will the nose dive discussion ever go away. It has moved from one thread to another. I have had the truck since the first month it came out, with some minor tuning and driving style change it is not a problem. The quickest cure was to go up 1 or 2 spring rates in the rear, as the rear end was slapping the face of the jump upon take off, being under power off the face of the jump exaggerates the problem. My current setup is CSI blue pistons front and rear, 35f 25r, and HB grey front and Tekno pink rear. I have also moved my receiver in front of the battery, it is as far back as poss. and removed most of the mud guards in the rear. This setup works for me on a high bite indoor track and all of the outdoor tracks here in NC. The only change I make for different tracks is shock position and tires. Driving style was the biggest factor in all of it.
lford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

the nose dive discussion won't away until the issue goes away. yes, you can put stiffer springs on the rear, but then your truck's rear end is loose around the rest of the track. for most jumps it's not an issue. the problem jumps are ones with steep jump faces and short run-ups, when you have to goose the throttle to get over the jump. sure, in a given situation i could adjust my driving style and just go single, single when the losi's are doubling it, but that's not a great solution either is it?

i'm not saying this issue is completely unique to the tekno. i see the losi's do it too but with much less frequency. all of the given "solutions" are band-aids and trade offs. stiffen the rear? works but screws the trucks handling everywhere else. if you're running on a high traction surface, chances are you're running stiff suspension anyway so it's probably less of an issue. taller pinion? that helps on a slight nose down jump but there are violent, bucking nose downs where you just can't recover regardless of how heavy you are on the throttle in the air.

what's weird is that i never had the issue with my EB48.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #80
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
the nose dive discussion won't away until the issue goes away. yes, you can put stiffer springs on the rear, but then your truck's rear end is loose around the rest of the track. for most jumps it's not an issue. the problem jumps are ones with steep jump faces and short run-ups, when you have to goose the throttle to get over the jump. sure, in a given situation i could adjust my driving style and just go single, single when the losi's are doubling it, but that's not a great solution either is it?

i'm not saying this issue is completely unique to the tekno. i see the losi's do it too but with much less frequency. all of the given "solutions" are band-aids and trade offs. stiffen the rear? works but screws the trucks handling everywhere else. if you're running on a high traction surface, chances are you're running stiff suspension anyway so it's probably less of an issue. taller pinion? that helps on a slight nose down jump but there are violent, bucking nose downs where you just can't recover regardless of how heavy you are on the throttle in the air.

what's weird is that i never had the issue with my EB48.
Good point. I don't notice the issue with my EB48 or my ET48. I wonder if the batteries weight and electronic weight in general has something to do with it, in addition to the wing in the rear. Heck i don't know lol.

I just know that if you try to go stiffer on the rear spring to counteract the chassis slap, I loose rear traction. I think though maybe an overall spring rate "drop" would help as well as proper piston and oil combo. That was what i was going to try, then, if that didn't work, slap on the battery tray mod I have.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #81
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The wing has a lot to do with it. Our track used to allow spoilers on SC trucks (they still might, but no one runs them, it's basically cheating) and they made the trucks so easy to drive and jump. They make the trucks jump level to nose up practically every time. They also keep the rear end planted under braking into turns. I actually believe that if the class allowed spoilers (like stadium truck has) that more people would race them as it makes for closer racing. It makes a pretty big difference.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #82
Tech Legend

Matt,

Any more news you have on that setup guide Tekno was working on? Would love to see something out there with all the great info specific to Tekno vehicles.

Lastly, do you guys at Tekno consider the battery tray mod a last resort for nose down issues or is there a time you guys say "go with it first" based on track conditions (say really loose, current "fixes" take away traction, etc").

I got a tray here already done up, just curious if its good to just go with it right away or mess with testing on the new vehicle.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #83
Tech Initiate

My eb48 is the same as well. I do run the battery mod on it also. For me the biggest game changer was being much smoother w/ throttle control. My SCT setup is different than most folks as posted above. I don't keep setup sheets as I rely on notes I have taken from the tracks I race at, one indoor and about 6 outdoor. For me the Battery mod was done right away on both vehicles. I don't use scales for setup, but around the time I got both vehicles I had access to a set of scales this mod seemed to get the weight balance really close w/ out adding any lead weights.
lford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #84
Tech Legend

lford, if you have what you feel is your current best outdoor large jump rough condition setup, I would like to see it.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #85
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FGomez50

So when will the new version be out and will there be a new version of the eb48.2
FGomez50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #86
Tech Legend

tower says late April for the truck. No word on a new EB48.3 . No word either on when the EB48SL.3 will be out either.

Oh, and can't get Tower E-cash on anything for backorders, has to be in stock stuff or at least you get charged on it then you get E-cash.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pre-Ordered!

Anyone know if there's a Chevy style body that's compatible?
Orion_2kTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC View Post
Pre-Ordered!

Anyone know if there's a Chevy style body that's compatible?
Must want it to drop trannys and break driveshafts a lot.. LOL

Both JC and Proline make Silverado bodies that fit the truck. Any body that fits the SCTE will fit the Tekno.

http://www.amain.com/jconcepts-illuz...-clear/p221358

http://www.amain.com/pro-line-chevy-...h-sc10/p161959
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Must want it to drop trannys and break driveshafts a lot.. LOL

Both JC and Proline make Silverado bodies that fit the truck. Any body that fits the SCTE will fit the Tekno.

http://www.amain.com/jconcepts-illuz...-clear/p221358

http://www.amain.com/pro-line-chevy-...h-sc10/p161959

Shit, I've had Chevy's in the family my entire life. Only seen one broken drive shaft and that was after 200k+ Miles.
Orion_2kTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #90
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's funny that wings would be mentioned in here today. I was going to ask Cain if he has thought about trying it. My truck definitely has a nose down jumping issue on our indoor carpet track, even after I modded my battery tray. I was pretty used to adjusting for it by staying on the throttle a bit longer but I let another guy drive it for a few minutes this weekend and it was very obvious.

I don't think my issue is from the chassis slapping. Maybe I'll try to get some video to make sure though.

I had thought about a wing before but wasn't too concerned with it until something else happened in the last SCT heat race. Both my rear body mounts pulled through so the back of the body was just flopping around. And then the nose diving issue suddenly got really bad.

So that has me thinking that some strategic air control under the body might help out with the nose diving. I really have no idea what would be allowed by ROAR but we're pretty easy going at the indoor track. And it's not like I would suddenly pick up 3 seconds per lap and be competing with the really fast guys.

Or maybe a body with a different shape could help push the rear down?
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno