R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)


What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree70Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2015, 06:44 AM   #781
Tech Regular
 
rjohn929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCore View Post
i have a set of these to play with, have your tried them in your v1 or is this your first time using them ?



.. if i upgrade towers, arms, hubs and spindles on my v1 do the links need to be changed as well or are the links the same v1 & v3 ?
I have not used them yet. I run Fioroni pistons in my .1 though.
__________________
SCT410.3, SCT410, ET48, SCTE 1.0, SC10 4x4, SC10, B44.1, B44.2, Yeti, Yeti XL, Wraith, SCX10 JK, Gold pan/repro, Worlds Car/repro, Rival, Emaxx, Tmaxx, assorted Ofna's, 6 Big Bears, MERV, 3DR Solo, DMG DRIII, Vanquish, Avante, mixed bag of crawlers/scalers and the list goes on and on and..........

Last edited by rjohn929; 05-13-2015 at 07:30 AM.
rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 AM   #782
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCore View Post
much appreciated. i grabbed one of pete's upgrade packs and just wanted to be sure it was everything i needed.
I think somewhere else in this thread someone put the Lunsford 410 links and EB ends (same as SCT410) on his kid's .3 for more durability.

Last edited by Tijuana_Taxi; 05-13-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:10 AM   #783
Tech Apprentice
 
hobbez84's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 94
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone confirm if the lunsford Ti kit for the SCT410 is a drop-in for the .3?
__________________
Hobbes : "Do you think there's a God?
Calvin : "Well somebody's out to get me!"
hobbez84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #784
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbez84 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the lunsford Ti kit for the SCT410 is a drop-in for the .3?
You need the SCT410 rod ends, the .3 are smaller diameter links and ends. To make it exactly like the .3 you would probably want to get these

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5187-...nbetnt48-8pcs/

and the bent ones

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5051-...er-links-8pcs/

since the .3 has a couple of those on the camber links.

The steering links and ends are the same between the two.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:07 AM   #785
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Default

I know some peeps will be sick to hear this,
But after 3 wks from receiving this kit im starting the build.
Is there anything, not listed on page 1 concerning the build. Plan on racing Sun n don't want to screw up haha
trojanjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:47 AM   #786
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,633
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

I had no issues on building the kit. My only recommendation is to use a reamer to open up the rod end holes to get the rods started easier. A little black grease or chapstick will make it easier to adjust them later as well.

Other than that it's a great build.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,KoPropUSA,JConcepts,Avid RC,MIP,SikLidz,ImagineItGraphx, FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #787
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maine
Posts: 932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanjoe1 View Post
I know some peeps will be sick to hear this,
But after 3 wks from receiving this kit im starting the build.
Is there anything, not listed on page 1 concerning the build. Plan on racing Sun n don't want to screw up haha
A 4mm reamer will come in handy to make sure there's no binding of the arms. I didn't have the issue on my first one, but many did. I did have that issue here through.

I also use a drill/power driver to start the screws threaded for the diffs, and other long screws, just make sure if using a drill the clutch is VERY weak so you don't strip out the hole. Do this before assembling any of the diffs. It'd suck to realize it after you have oil in, and trying to assemble.

I also use the drill on the camber & steering links, just pay attention to the thread direction. a little grease helps in the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I had no issues on building the kit. My only recommendation is to use a reamer to open up the rod end holes to get the rods started easier. A little black grease or chapstick will make it easier to adjust them later as well.

Other than that it's a great build.
Whoa, Mr Pike has a tekno. Can't wait to see your future posts. Your tips have came in very helpful.
__________________
The off-road Tekno 3some-> EB48.4 - ET48.3 - SCT410.3
The oval 3some -> Tekno SCT410.3 - Tekno SCT210.3 - Blitz

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #788
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vegas
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Shock spring

So i was wondering what colar is the shock springs both front and rear are same coler ,black ,i have seen some say pink came with there set. Am i missing somthing?
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #789
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswild View Post
So i was wondering what colar is the shock springs both front and rear are same coler ,black ,i have seen some say pink came with there set. Am i missing somthing?
The kit springs are green frt, black rear. There should be a little bit of green paint on one end or the other of the frt springs.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #790
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Default

Thx for replys, a reamer is my bff during builds....but still managed to strip to diff screws....n thx for the greasing rod ends tip....
trojanjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #791
Tech Apprentice
 
hobbez84's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 94
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post
You need the SCT410 rod ends, the .3 are smaller diameter links and ends. To make it exactly like the .3 you would probably want to get these

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5187-...nbetnt48-8pcs/

and the bent ones

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5051-...er-links-8pcs/

since the .3 has a couple of those on the camber links.

The steering links and ends are the same between the two.
Great info! Looks like I'll be doing a little shopping this weekend.
__________________
Hobbes : "Do you think there's a God?
Calvin : "Well somebody's out to get me!"
hobbez84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #792
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vegas
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanjoe1 View Post
Thx for replys, a reamer is my bff during builds....but still managed to strip to diff screws....n thx for the greasing rod ends tip....
Well i think i striped all 3 out 4 front ones so will order more when i change the fluid after i run it for a bit along with gaskets ,im glad that I'm not the only ones to have the same issuie
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #793
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vegas
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post
The kit springs are green frt, black rear. There should be a little bit of green paint on one end or the other of the frt springs.
Great ,thanks i am colar blind so its tough but after ur post i got the flash light out an i found it thanks guys.
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #794
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vegas
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
A 4mm reamer will come in handy to make sure there's no binding of the arms. I didn't have the issue on my first one, but many did. I did have that issue here through.

I also use a drill/power driver to start the screws threaded for the diffs, and other long screws, just make sure if using a drill the clutch is VERY weak so you don't strip out the hole. Do this before assembling any of the diffs. It'd suck to realize it after you have oil in, and trying to assemble.

I also use the drill on the camber & steering links, just pay attention to the thread direction. a little grease helps in the hole.



Whoa, Mr Pike has a tekno. Can't wait to see your future posts. Your tips have came in very helpful.
So run the screws first before you even put any parts on the diff and then take them out an put together ?
Thanks
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #795
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fresno, ca.
Posts: 102
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Built shocks to kit specs as emulsion. Ran for the first time yesterday and noticed the rear is slapping on take off from our biggest jump. Ride height was put to 28mm rear. When going over rough portions of the track, you can see the rear not rebounding fast enough to stay in contact.

I'm thinking i should build rear as sealed bladder type with 50% rebound built in. What do you guys think?
Everybody79x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net