R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-23-2016, 03:19 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 05-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #751
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
Yup, its the bleeder screw hole.
So after building shock, do I leave the bleeder screw hole open, or do I put the screw and washer in? When building vented bladder way.
rcdave905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #752
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdave905 View Post
So after building shock, do I leave the bleeder screw hole open, or do I put the screw and washer in? When building vented bladder way.
If you want to build just vented bladder shocks you drill one 1-2mm hole straight up thru the top of the cap into the hole where the bushing sits for mounting in addition to the side bleeder on the cap. Don't do anything with the emulsion bleeder hole where the screw goes, leave it closed. I suppose if you drilled thru the emulsion bleed hole instead of the top it would serve the same purpose, just leave the screw out.

Last edited by Tijuana_Taxi; 05-12-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:09 AM   #753
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Okay almost done build. What a smooth easy build.
Okay first let me say I have built many many cars and trucks, but want to verify what to do before I drill shock caps.
Per the instructions to build vented bladder shocks it says to drill 2 holes in each cap.
First hole is where the threads are to allow oil to bleed out when tightening the cap, but no mention of where to drill second hole.
If it is where bleeder screw where hole is drilled to do emulsion style, after build do you put screw into this hole?
I prefer bladder style shocks and want to build it this way, just a little confused.

The side of the shock cape u see a dimple and also the bleder cap,is my understanding but thats coming from some one who has never ever built one , lol

Last edited by Aswild; 05-12-2015 at 06:21 AM.
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:21 AM   #754
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post
If you want to build just vented bladder shocks you drill one 1-2mm hole straight up thru the top of the cap into the hole where the bushing sits for mounting in addition to the side bleeder on the cap. Don't do anything with the emulsion bleeder hole where the screw goes, leave it closed. I suppose if you drilled thru the emulsion bleed hole instead of the top it would serve the same purpose, just leave the screw out.
This is correct. For vented, drill side hole where threads are for bleeding, and straight through the top of the cap and the vent will be in the opening where the shock mounts. DO NOT drill where the screw is unless you want to build emulsion shocks.

Personally, I like the vented.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #755
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybody79x View Post
How much of a necessity is the aluminum servo horn? I've never needed one on any other 2wd 1/10 car.
Your 2wd vehicles also don't weigh in at 7lbs, and have forces constantly trying to keep them straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeand22 View Post
Does anyone know if you need to sand the servo saver to get it to seat properly similar to the ET48?
You should not. There was a run a while back where the servo saver mold had a flaw, and there was a gap in the cam section. This has since been addressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karbroSCT View Post
So if I install the aluminium wheel hexes (TKR5571A) what wheels will fit the truck, SCTE ones?
SCTE offset are what the truck was designed around.
Quote:
Okay almost done build. What a smooth easy build.
Okay first let me say I have built many many cars and trucks, but want to verify what to do before I drill shock caps.
Per the instructions to build vented bladder shocks it says to drill 2 holes in each cap.
First hole is where the threads are to allow oil to bleed out when tightening the cap, but no mention of where to drill second hole.
If it is where bleeder screw where hole is drilled to do emulsion style, after build do you put screw into this hole?
I prefer bladder style shocks and want to build it this way, just a little confused.
Kit location is in the bottom of the shock up through the center into the mount hole. You could drill the bleed ole as well. Would give the same effect. Just remember that if you go with the kit location, you will need to buy new caps to do an emulsion build.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #756
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post
So i have a 1.5 mil drill bit is it to big to use for the holes ?
Old 05-12-2015, 07:31 AM   #757
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

i used the emulsion bleeder (the angled hole if thats the same thing) as the vent, worked fine.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #758
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswild View Post
That will work fine.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Sounds about perfect.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #760
Tech Adept

Default Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Sounds about perfect.
Thanks guys .
Old 05-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #761
Tech Initiate

Thank you guys for quick replies. Can't wait to finish build and test it out this weekend.
Building it for dirt and clay tracks, but will be testing it on indoor carpet track.
Only thing open up here in the Great White North. Lol. Actually Just outside Toronto.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #762
Tech Adept

I pretty much only run emulsion style now but when i was using bladders it was suggested that I use the bleeder hole where the screw goes because then you can use the same caps for all three styles, standard bladder put screw in, vented leave screw out and emulsion put screw in. Hope this helps.
mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #763
Tech Adept

Default Drill hole

So were it says drill hole in top of shock cap ,does the hole go all the way thru to the eyelet?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #764
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
So were it says drill hole in top of shock cap ,does the hole go all the way thru to the eyelet?
yes

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #765
Tech Initiate

Default shock caps

Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-tkr6003s_3.jpg

From Tekno's website, a picture of there vented caps.
I tried to circle in white the top hole that goes to the eyelet.
The red arrows show where the holes are to be drilled.
Didn't know this until after I asked and looked.

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno