R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree81Likes

Old 05-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #691
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
4000kv

depending on track size liked 15 - 18T pinions.
Can you tell me why the 4000 instead of the 4700? Too much power with the 4700?
Everybody79x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:18 AM   #692
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Hmm, wonder if they should have included the alloy version of this like they did with the gen 1 kits...
YES -I did write to them about this.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:14 AM   #693
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what body is everyone using for this truck? A local Tekno driver uses the JConcepts Illuzion F-250 body and loves it. It basically has a built in wing (angled rear portion for downforce) but I don't care for the look of it. Does anyone have experience with multiple bodies on this truck? What do you like best?

TIA!
louie8269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:16 AM   #694
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie8269 View Post
So what body is everyone using for this truck? A local Tekno driver uses the JConcepts Illuzion F-250 body and loves it. It basically has a built in wing (angled rear portion for downforce) but I don't care for the look of it. Does anyone have experience with multiple bodies on this truck? What do you like best?

TIA!
I just got that body because I heard good things about it, but I haven't painted it yet so I can't comment on it. The other body that worked well for me is Jconcepts Nissan Titan. I love the way Jcon Rapter looks, but I don't really like the way it handles. I'm currently running the Proline flotek Silverado and I like the way it performs, but I like the Titan better. I have an Evo that I need to paint too.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:17 AM   #695
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamimc View Post
Looks like I'll be finding somewhere else to spend my money in the future. Ordered March 31 still not shipped.
stormer hobbies still has them in stock.
kyleman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:28 AM   #696
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
I think it had a lot to do with getting the truck out to the public, and keeping the initial cost down.
I'm assumming you all are talking about the 4 hinge pin supports. I didn't realize they sold version 1 with the aluminim or metal ones. It would have been nice to have that option with version 3 realizing the kit would cost more, but still give a cost cut verses paying an extra $100. Anyway, I went ahead and purchased the plastic spares - can't beat $10 for the security. Never broke one on v1 and I'm hoping I won't on v3. Looking back, that probably should have been included in my spare parts on v1, but i never did purchase them.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #697
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie8269 View Post

TIA!
I think the big thing with the F250 body is that from Tekno's recommendations on the nose down issue, adding a "wing" was something they suggested. However most places won't let you do that. So, if its can be integrated into the body in some form, it may be worth having. I am considering that body right now depending on how things go with my Titan on my durango. If I change up and get another SCT410 I will definitely buy that body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qstorm777 View Post
I'm assumming you all are talking about the 4 hinge pin supports. I didn't realize they sold version 1 with the aluminim or metal ones. It would have been nice to have that option with version 3 realizing the kit would cost more, but still give a cost cut verses paying an extra $100. Anyway, I went ahead and purchased the plastic spares - can't beat $10 for the security. Never broke one on v1 and I'm hoping I won't on v3. Looking back, that probably should have been included in my spare parts on v1, but i never did purchase them.
The included just the front brace due to breakage issues they saw during testing. I was hoping personally that the issues were gone with the new hingepin carriers hence why they didn't include them but didn't include other goodies but it is sounding more and more like the front hingepin brace is needed if you conditions warrant it.

Personally I was looking at the front hingepin brace for sure, and whatever rear one is that gives a different setting than what you get with the plastic ones. I think that would be sufficient without buying all 4 and cheaper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybody79x View Post
Can you tell me why the 4000 instead of the 4700? Too much power with the 4700?
From what i am gathering, the 4000 can be geared for both small and large tracks. the 4700 is more oriented towards bigger tracks for what gearing you can do. I use the 4000 and love it. Great all around motor.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run the F250 body as well. The built in spoiler does add some high speed stability. Its also very durable. The Nissan Titan body has a similar spoiler in the rear. I believe the Titan has ben known to crack in the front more quickly due to the sharper angles.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #699
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qstorm777 View Post
After the first few runs, Tekno included only the front most "A" plate.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:52 AM   #700
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
After the first few runs, Tekno included only the front most "A" plate.
Okay...I understand now. That makes sense.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #701
FAO
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybody79x View Post
Ok, 4700kv, or 4000 kv?
Also what pinions should I buy and keep on hand?
Repairing my damaged car, i noticed that the smallest pinion to mount is the 14 teeth, you can΄t get the motor nearer to the spur gear. So, ordering 11,12 and 13 was sensless. (this may become a problem with a 5200kv motor)
17 and 18 may be critical concerning motor temperatures, so 15-16 are the right ones.

"A" arm problem: I noticed, that the front bumper is to lean at the back end. Constructing this part a little bit wider would save many "A" arms because of gliding over an obstackle instead of "from 50 to 0 in 1/100 of a second.

Another point: Milled out my chassis at the servo bottom, Sanwa SRG was 0,5 mm to wide and 1,5 mm to large. Did not like the shims i first mounted under the screws to get the servo 1,5mm upwards.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #702
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAO View Post
Repairing my damaged car, i noticed that the smallest pinion to mount is the 14 teeth, you can΄t get the motor nearer to the spur gear. So, ordering 11,12 and 13 was sensless. (this may become a problem with a 5200kv motor)
17 and 18 may be critical concerning motor temperatures, so 15-16 are the right ones.
5200kv motor? Never heard of anyone running that high of a KV in this heavy truck. 4700kv has been the highest until now. I'd switch to something in the 3900kv-4700kv range.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #703
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Questions??

Does the Pro-Line Flo-Tek body come with body post holes marked for the Tekno?

If not, which body holes should you drill out in the body? SCTE? Then, which body posts would you use to line up to those holes?

Or, is it just a line up the body and see with this truck?
Old 05-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #704
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson View Post

If not, which body holes should you drill out in the body? SCTE? Then, which body posts would you use to line up to those holes?

Line up and see, but most of the time the scte holes line up. I used a body off a xxx-sct and slapped it right on.

Also depends on what posts you use.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #705
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson View Post

No it does not.the losi holes are off a little,so just mount it and see.
ba4ma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno