R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree70Likes

Old 05-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

600+ posts and nothing about how the truck performs on the track? Come on guys. How about some feedback for those of us sitting on the fence?
Old 05-02-2015, 02:06 AM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mine just showed up today, but I don't have time to build it until at least next weekend. :\

One of the other guys at the track had one though, and while he's not expert level, he was slightly faster with it than his original (he ran a soft suspension setup on the original and stock on the .3). His comment was that it felt like the .3 was more planted. He broke the frontmost hinge pin holder though during a qual, so finished up the night with his original.

I'm going to build mine stock when I do it to see how the setup is, with the exception of aluminum hexes and aluminum diff cross pins. If I tune to a point that I can get with the old hinge pin holders, I'll put those aluminum ones on. Once I play with the hinge pin holder locations, then I'll likely switch to aluminum and put the composite ones on the previous truck.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:35 AM   #633
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
600+ posts and nothing about how the truck performs on the track? Come on guys. How about some feedback for those of us sitting on the fence?
Stock setup is amazing out of the box. I know it's hard to believe. But those guys really nailed it. Obviously you might wanna do something to customize it. But it's so close it's hard to believe.
Ps. All surfaces.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:16 AM   #634
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I got this from a team driver yesterday.

"Super dialed, way more stable jumps 10x better stays flat in corners confidence inspiring "
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 AM   #635
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

any videos of this thing? I've got the v1, but still on the fence about buying the v2
Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #636
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I haven't been able to find any video or setups for this truck either.Tekno what's going on with this truck?
ba4ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #637

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

If the issues with anyone not winning races are related to the vehicle being driven, then the driver should probably upgrade. In other words, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, stick with what you have if you are winning.

What kind of videos are you looking for? Build videos or tips and tricks type stuff? In a lot cases, the manufacturer isn't the one putting out those types of videos. Sounds like the kit setup is the ticket at this point.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #638
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyansky View Post
Stock setup is amazing out of the box. I know it's hard to believe. But those guys really nailed it. Obviously you might wanna do something to customize it. But it's so close it's hard to believe.
Ps. All surfaces.
Is that even with the kit pistons and oils?
mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #639
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
If you have the revised shock bushings that stick slightly past the end cap, you wont need the extra Orings. The new truck has a revised shock boot style that takes place of the Orings as well, that's why they are omitted from the newer manual.

Thank you Hoese37!

Bye!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #640
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
... He broke the frontmost hinge pin holder though during a qual, so finished up the night with his original...
Thats the part I was a bit concerned about as I recall the first one including the alloy hingepin brace due to durability issues.

Hopefully its just a one off situation and not something that becomes a trend.

Glad to hear though that in general the suspension package is more confident, looking forward to more reports in really loose "dirt" track conditions.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #641
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
Mine just showed up today, but I don't have time to build it until at least next weekend. :\

One of the other guys at the track had one though, and while he's not expert level, he was slightly faster with it than his original (he ran a soft suspension setup on the original and stock on the .3). His comment was that it felt like the .3 was more planted. He broke the frontmost hinge pin holder though during a qual, so finished up the night with his original.

I'm going to build mine stock when I do it to see how the setup is, with the exception of aluminum hexes and aluminum diff cross pins. If I tune to a point that I can get with the old hinge pin holders, I'll put those aluminum ones on. Once I play with the hinge pin holder locations, then I'll likely switch to aluminum and put the composite ones on the previous truck.
get that thing built tonight and come race in livermore tomorrow.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #642
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The local track owner has one of these, and he is doing great with it! You can tell it handles better. He moved up two spots with it.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #643
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by platgof View Post
The local track owner has one of these, and he is doing great with it! You can tell it handles better. He moved up two spots with it.
Is he running the stock setup?
ba4ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #644
Tech Fanatic

First weekend running this truck. First of all it's very forgiving to a newer driver like me. I had to get the truck dialed in but once I did and addressed some bad driving from myself the truck really shined. My only gripe, and this is probably true for all Pro 4 trucks, is that dirt seems to get in the battery tray and the motor / esc area. I'll probably look into a secondary cover. I still finished my heats last but his isn't the fault of the truck, just my skill. I look forward to running this truck all summer and beyond.
Orion_2kTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #645
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One question:
"where should I put "screws that build the endpoint of steering are not mentioned but are in the bag"?

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno