R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)


What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree67Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #4216
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Where do you guys usually buy tires at? I had some decent vendors on ebay, and I sometimes go through tower with a coupon... but wondering if there is a better way? Stuff is expensive.. hah
If you want to save a little bit of money buy a $10 toaster oven and bake your tires off the rims when they are worn out.

As far as where to buy them, tower or amain have deals and coupons so look out for those. id imagine you can get big lots from ebay on people that change sponsors and put a bunch up in bulk.
caffeine357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:54 AM   #4217
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine357 View Post
If you want to save a little bit of money buy a $10 toaster oven and bake your tires off the rims when they are worn out.

As far as where to buy them, tower or amain have deals and coupons so look out for those. id imagine you can get big lots from ebay on people that change sponsors and put a bunch up in bulk.


thanks, thats actually what I did recently... I bought 100+ tires/wheels off someone leaving the hobby locally, and got 14 amazing sets and the rest i threw away. I bought some acetone to use to remove tires also, but I have a dickload of wheels now from that lot. They were all 1/8 buggy tires tho, so I need to get more sct tires. I use 17mm so I use those for practice or messing around sometimes, and can use the wheels if i really want to... I hate the look of solid wheels on the sct tho, so I use DE 17mm wheels, and need to buy bulk sct tires basically. Since I use 17mm, it limits my premounted options a ton.

I just ordered some from amain/tower, so roughly
$19.70x2 + $12 - $10 coupon and free shipping. Thats the normal price for my sct tires atm.. was hoping for a better option, I know there is a ebay dealer that sells for $32 premounted for 4, but charges $8 for shipping..
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #4218
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason07 View Post
Lowspark, this is an excellent write up.

The simple fact that 1 dot is 1 degree of adjustment and 2 dots is .5 degree of adjustment is huge. Thank you for that!!!

One question though...using your C block example.... I can visualize it in my brain that it would be a pretty aggressive toe in. However, I can't quite make sense of it with regards to the actual number. If the D block was a center dot and the c block was a center dot making 3 degrees toe in......if you moved the c block inside 1 dot would that make it 2 degrees toe in?

On the setup sheet I am referencing the anti squat is "max." While using the pills with the center dot on the c and d block, what is the numeric number for the degrees? Toe is -3 but anti squat is.......
If you change the C block pill to 1 dot in you'll move the front of the arms closer together, giving more toe in. You will now have 4 degrees of toe in.

With the D and C blocks using center dots, you have 3 degrees of toe and 2 degrees of antisquat.

Here's pic showing the range of adjustment the pills give you.
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #4219
Tech Adept
 
jason07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I was doing the math wrong Matthew.

Thank you (and everyone else) help me dumb brain understand all of this!!
__________________
Agama A215E Hobbywing 1900KV and Xerun XR8
Agama A215 Bullitt B221
jason07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:18 AM   #4220
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

The composite C block has an extra degree of antisquat built in to it, so when you have the C and D block set at the center you will have 3 degrees toe and 3 degrees antisquat.
anr211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #4221
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anr211 View Post
The composite C block has an extra degree of antisquat built in to it, so when you have the C and D block set at the center you will have 3 degrees toe and 3 degrees antisquat.
Thanks for adding that! I definitely forgot to mention that important detail.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #4222
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

This always confuses me... would it be an extra degree up? When someone says take out a degree of anti, does that mean use the lower dots? Always confused me cause there is 1* in every direction, so I didn't know which way they meant.. lol
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #4223
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if this will help any but I can explain how I think about it. Antisquat is the front side (c block) of the hinge pin raised up more from the chassis than the back side (d block). The C block is 3 degrees taller than the D block, this is why when you have the same dot on both blocks you still have 3 degrees antisquat.

If you want less antisquat you would lower the dot on the C block (this puts the front of the hinge pin closer to the chassis). If you run out of adjustment on the C block you can start raising up the dot on the D block (this gives less antisquat because it raises the back of the hinge pin closer to the height of the C block)
anr211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #4224
Tech Adept
 
jason07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anr211 View Post
The composite C block has an extra degree of antisquat built in to it, so when you have the C and D block set at the center you will have 3 degrees toe and 3 degrees antisquat.
I have the aluminum C block. So if I use the center dot pills am I at 2*?
__________________
Agama A215E Hobbywing 1900KV and Xerun XR8
Agama A215 Bullitt B221
jason07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #4225
Tech Adept
 
jason07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
This always confuses me... would it be an extra degree up? When someone says take out a degree of anti, does that mean use the lower dots? Always confused me cause there is 1* in every direction, so I didn't know which way they meant.. lol
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but.......anit squat means that the rear of the arms are always lower than the front. So if someone says lower the antisquat, you will use a lower dot.
__________________
Agama A215E Hobbywing 1900KV and Xerun XR8
Agama A215 Bullitt B221
jason07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #4226
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

I'm changing to the aluminium block this week, and wasn't sure where to put the dot now..

Is added anti degree from the alum C block generally better than the comp C block?

I know its a common adjustment to help with nose diving, just never knew which way to adjust it.
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #4227
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason07 View Post
I have the aluminum C block. So if I use the center dot pills am I at 2*?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason07 View Post
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but.......anit squat means that the rear of the arms are always lower than the front. So if someone says lower the antisquat, you will use a lower dot.
Correct if you're talking about the C block, read what I posted just above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
I'm changing to the aluminium block this week, and wasn't sure where to put the dot now..

Is added anti degree from the alum C block generally better than the comp C block?

I know its a common adjustment to help with nose diving, just never knew which way to adjust it.
There is no better or worse between the aluminum or composite C block, the aluminum block is just 1 degree less antisquat. If you're switching to the aluminum block and want to keep the same antisquat you currently have you need to raise the dot on the C block pill one row (1 degree).
anr211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #4228
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

Thank you for explaining. I know its asked a lot, hah.

Which adjustment to anti-squat is usually used to help control nose diving?
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #4229
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Thank you for explaining. I know its asked a lot, hah.

Which adjustment to anti-squat is usually used to help control nose diving?
Typically less antisquat will nose dive less. When this is happening the antisquat helps the rear spring rebound harder off the jump face and the rear end ends up higher in the air than the front.

Honestly the best thing you can do is go out and just try it. Its only 2 screws to take the D block off and access the C block pills. If you don't like what the change did put it back to how it was before or try the opposite direction. Take notes on what you liked and disliked about the change when you tried it out.

Another note on nose diving make sure your motor is geared properly so you rev it while in the air and get the nose back up. Also make sure you're checking your ride height with the body on. Putting the body on the truck can lower the ride height a couple millimeters and then you might just be slapping the jump and nose diving because the ride height is too low.

Edit: One more thing about ride height, the truck will usually fly the same way you have the ride height staggered. What I mean is if your front ride height is lower than your rear ride height the truck will want to fly nose down. The opposite is also true.
anr211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:43 AM   #4230
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anr211 View Post
Typically less antisquat will nose dive less. When this is happening the antisquat helps the rear spring rebound harder off the jump face and the rear end ends up higher in the air than the front.

Honestly the best thing you can do is go out and just try it. Its only 2 screws to take the D block off and access the C block pills. If you don't like what the change did put it back to how it was before or try the opposite direction. Take notes on what you liked and disliked about the change when you tried it out.

Another note on nose diving make sure your motor is geared properly so you rev it while in the air and get the nose back up. Also make sure you're checking your ride height with the body on. Putting the body on the truck can lower the ride height a couple millimeters and then you might just be slapping the jump and nose diving because the ride height is too low.

Edit: One more thing about ride height, the truck will usually fly the same way you have the ride height staggered. What I mean is if your front ride height is lower than your rear ride height the truck will want to fly nose down. The opposite is also true.
Thank you for explaining that! Yeah I need to adjust and take notes and try again... Usually I run with my friend too much on practice days, and don' tweak the truck. I need to start adjusting and noting what the changes did. I usually make my adjustments at home during the week, when I need to start doing them at the track so I can see the difference. The track changes so much during the week i never know if its the track, or my setup that changed.
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Electric Fonzy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net