R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree68Likes

Old 09-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #4006
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love this truck more and more every time I'm out racing it. Keep finding more speed in each test I've done.This is a video of the race this weekend. Started P2 and able to take the win in the main.I'm also running VRP pistons on a very high traction clay. Enjoy....

https://youtu.be/gXaYVJPVkEI
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #4007
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
I love this truck more and more every time I'm out racing it. Keep finding more speed in each test I've done.This is a video of the race this weekend. Started P2 and able to take the win in the main.I'm also running VRP pistons on a very high traction clay. Enjoy....

Nice!!!

Wish mine handled as good as yours!
Old 09-12-2016, 04:48 AM   #4008
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Ran my EB and my SCT today, and wow.. first time on the track with the SCT in awhile, and everytime I hit the bigger jumps the front end would just fly up... I have plenty of air holes in my body, (Jconcepts flotek). It has holes all along the bed, the taillights, 3 on the hood, etc... All day I feel like it jumped like utty trash compared to my EB. Part of that could be setup, but I felt like it handled awful. Last time I ran it, which was about 2 months ago I remember it having more of a nose dive issue, which I had 0 of today, it was all nose up. Any ideas how to get rid of that?
While I've only been out a couple times, the first round I had the nose dive issue but learned to keep up on the throttle a bit when airborne and it fixed it pretty well...
Dare I say you might have too much throttle goin on?
Thrifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:51 AM   #4009
Tech Regular

Btw... Any of y'all ever turn this sct into more of a Truggy?
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #4010
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Ran my EB and my SCT today, and wow.. first time on the track with the SCT in awhile, and everytime I hit the bigger jumps the front end would just fly up... I have plenty of air holes in my body, (Jconcepts flotek). It has holes all along the bed, the taillights, 3 on the hood, etc... All day I feel like it jumped like utty trash compared to my EB. Part of that could be setup, but I felt like it handled awful. Last time I ran it, which was about 2 months ago I remember it having more of a nose dive issue, which I had 0 of today, it was all nose up. Any ideas how to get rid of that?
Can you share with us pics of your truck in rtr ready and your setup sheet also pics of the track?
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:07 AM   #4011
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post

Love to hear your thoughts and setup with the VRP's. I've been debating them for a while now for not just this, but ebuggy too.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 AM   #4012
Tech Rookie

Default Carpet setup for sct 410.3

I have been looking everywhere for a good setup sheet for carpet. I can't seem to find one, does anyone have one, or know where I can find one? Our local track in a medium-large sized indoor carpet track, and my setup is decent, but I know I can get more out of it. Just looking to see what other people are using. Thanks.
Bigdust44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:09 AM   #4013
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdust44 View Post
I have been looking everywhere for a good setup sheet for carpet. I can't seem to find one, does anyone have one, or know where I can find one? Our local track in a medium-large sized indoor carpet track, and my setup is decent, but I know I can get more out of it. Just looking to see what other people are using. Thanks.
Pretty much just your outdoor setup, with higher shock oils, lower ride height, and lower rear diff. IIRC, I was 650/550 and 7-5-3. Also stiffer sway bars.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #4014
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdust44 View Post
A guy I race with has his Tekno on fire last season indoor carpet, small track using slick tires since we are not allowed to use carpet pin tires. Pm'd you his userid tell him Cain referred you.

For the Tekno's, what is the final thoughts on the 17mm conversion from M2C?
Old 09-16-2016, 08:38 AM   #4015
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

For the Tekno's, what is the final thoughts on the 17mm conversion from M2C?
I've been wondering what the difference in ride quality is between the stock 12mm and 17mm ... the truck I bought already had 17mm on it so it's all I know.. not sure I want to spent the $$ on a set of 12mm rims & tires to find out..

Anyone run both setups and have some insight?...
Old 09-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #4016
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think 17mm hex's are the way to go. I think they have a much better joint between the wheel and hex. More surface area, stronger wheels (both in the wheel design and the hex area). I have the M2C conversion but and not a big fan. It works really well, but the alloy nuts used to attach the hex to the axle work loose easily even with blue loctite. They are very unique so you either have to have your own spares or your done for the day.
I wend ahead and did the Traxxas conversion method. Seems much stronger, kiss bent/broken axles goodbye. I haven't had the chance to actually use it yet, I have too many 12mm wheels/tires to use up first. I did use the M2C system and really liked it but for the issue listed above. Once my 12mm wheels are used up, I doubt I will go back.
my driving skills aren't good, but I felt that the stiffer wheels made the truck work better. It could have been in my head wanting to feel a difference.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:19 PM   #4017
Suspended

Are these the wheels I would use after getting the 17mm upgrade?

DE 17mm SC8?
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #4018
Tech Legend

17mm do work well for sure as on my heavier desc10 its money. I wonder if M2C if contacted would sell the inner nuts separate?

So other than the inner hold-on nuts any other complaints?

Those DE wheels you linked are the ones I have heard, and the same I use.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #4019
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
17mm do work well for sure as on my heavier desc10 its money. I wonder if M2C if contacted would sell the inner nuts separate?

So other than the inner hold-on nuts any other complaints?

Those DE wheels you linked are the ones I have heard, and the same I use.
Ok cool, I'm ordering the tekno 17mm conversion for the ebsl, and wanted to make sure those were the right wheels.

I'm getting 2 huge tubs of 1/8 buggy wheels and tires this weekend that I'll use on the sct for practice and just messing around.
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #4020
Tech Legend

yeah the DE racing wheels are very good. I have been happy with them.

So what seems to be the must have items these days on the SCT410.3s?

Do you guys go with different shock towers for durability (Tekno machined, M2C, etc)?

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno