R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree68Likes

Old 08-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #3961
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrcracer23 View Post
What would be a good starting point for a pinion gear on a Hobbywing 4700 on a large 1/8 scale track?
I run a 15 and sometimes 16. The 4700 is a great motor that can handle a load without qualm in my experience.
The trick to lowering temp is to run cap packs to help with the load ripple.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #3962
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

How would you compare the HW 4700 to the Pro4 HD4300 for this truck?
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #3963
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Kremzeek and Josh L, I've started out with a 15t and will see how it goes. I bought a used sct pro esc and a new hw4700, I'm replacing a castle 3800 system (which actually was for my kids so it worked ok) and I can tell just by running the hw on the bench that it is a totally different animal
mxrcracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #3964
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
I run a 15 and sometimes 16. The 4700 is a great motor that can handle a load without qualm in my experience.
The trick to lowering temp is to run cap packs to help with the load ripple.
I'm going to have to try to the cap pack thing with mine. I think I have an extra one laying around.
Kremzeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #3965
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
What would be a good starting point for a pinion gear on a Hobbywing 4700 on a large 1/8 scale track?
I run a 16t pinion on mine everywhere, but also a bit hefty of current limit on the rx8 (I need to update it and play with the new torque limit). This reduces wheel spin and helps keep temps down, while letting me pull most buggies (electric and nitro) down the straight, yet is smooth and consistent indoors on tighter tracks too. I don't make my turns with the rear hanging out and spinning though, so if you do that, expect more heat than I get. No fans on the motor though, just the normal ESC fan always on for me.

Temps vary a LOT based on driving style, ESC, ESC settings, and track conditions/layout, so your 15t that you settled on is a good start, but I would also have a 16 with you when going to a large track to see which you like better. I found that going down to 15t for me made it run hotter, but again, results will vary.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #3966
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
I run a 16t pinion on mine everywhere, but also a bit hefty of current limit on the rx8 (I need to update it and play with the new torque limit). This reduces wheel spin and helps keep temps down, while letting me pull most buggies (electric and nitro) down the straight, yet is smooth and consistent indoors on tighter tracks too. I don't make my turns with the rear hanging out and spinning though, so if you do that, expect more heat than I get. No fans on the motor though, just the normal ESC fan always on for me.

Temps vary a LOT based on driving style, ESC, ESC settings, and track conditions/layout, so your 15t that you settled on is a good start, but I would also have a 16 with you when going to a large track to see which you like better. I found that going down to 15t for me made it run hotter, but again, results will vary.
justpoet, the whole electric scene is new to me, i don't know anything about adusting the current limit or many of the other esc adjustments. I ran my first electric race (sct and ebuggy) last night and won the sct class and finished second in ebuggy/nitrobuggy (mostly do to great tekno vehicles, small turnout, and a lot of luck). I did adjust the punch to give it a little more snap, and actually ended up going to a 14t pinion do to track having several tight 180's, but will do some more testing with different pinions. I seem to have went from having a nosedive issue (only on Large 8th scale jumps) to a nose up issue, I think do to getting use to the extra power of the hw4700 compared to the castle 3800.I even adjusted brake to 100%, either way the 410.3 and the eb48.3 performed well above expectations and learn something new every time out.
mxrcracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #3967
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Large 8th scale. 16t

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:24 AM   #3968
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
How would you compare the HW 4700 to the Pro4 HD4300 for this truck?

I have own both the Tekin Pro4 4600, Tekin Pro4 4300 HD and the HW 4700.
The question was on the HW4700 and Tekin 4300 though.

In my opinion, the Tekin 4300 is the best motor if you are running stock set-up without lightening the truck as it will not overheat on a bigger, outdoor track as easily. For indoor racing, I honestly think the HW4700 is just as good or slightly better since the Tekno SCT410.3 needs a slight weight correction with the right rear and left front being the heaviest corners when using the Tekin 4300. For indoor racing, I still use the Tekin 4300 because I like the E-Buggy like power on the bottom while still having more top as well. I almost always use an 18t pinion as it gives me more air control with the throttle. I have never temped higher than 140*F even outdoors. With the HW4700, I would not use higher than a 16 ever and I have never used more than a 15t in races. If I were to go back to the HW, I would run between a 13t to a 15t. I prefer a higher pinion not due to speed but I think it takes a little "YANK" out of the truck and as stated before, it gives you more air control. You can always turn your radio down if needed. I run on an indoor track with a 90' straight.

Tony D
mizunoriverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #3969
Suspended

Anyone know of a good place for setups for a short track like this? All the setup sheets on teknorc.com are for large tracks. Dont need a exact setup, just a good place to start and work from there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHKkHuYh..._suicide&hl=en
Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 AM   #3970
Tech Regular

Default Long Wear Practice Tires in Medium

What long wear tires do you guys recommend for the truck? On my eb48.3 at my track I use aka impact or Ibeam mediums for practice and super soft impact or X4 proline holeshots for racing.

Having trouble finding the medium wear on the impacts for the short course so open for any comparable suggestions.
caffeine357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #3971
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

If you are open to it, give Proline Blockades a look.

Proline Stunners if you can find them have a bigger pin height so may be good too.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #3972
Suspended

Cain do you still run tekno? Or just durango now?
Old 08-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #3973
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine357 View Post
What long wear tires do you guys recommend for the truck? On my eb48.3 at my track I use aka impact or Ibeam mediums for practice and super soft impact or X4 proline holeshots for racing.

Having trouble finding the medium wear on the impacts for the short course so open for any comparable suggestions.
Panther Boa Soft wear well and stick to about anything. The super soft Boa's are really sticky, but they do wear on abrasive tracks
These are very under rated tires, trust me!

Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #3974
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Cain do you still run tekno? Or just durango now?
just durango now. But have a fond place for tekno. 4x4 SCT has great turn out at one track here so get to battle it out with them. Lots of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
Panther Boa Soft wear well and stick to about anything. The super soft Boa's are really sticky, but they do wear on abrasive tracks
These are very under rated tires, trust me!

loved these tires. they work excellent on a variety of conditions out here.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #3975
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunoriverside View Post
I have own both the Tekin Pro4 4600, Tekin Pro4 4300 HD and the HW 4700.
The question was on the HW4700 and Tekin 4300 though.

In my opinion, the Tekin 4300 is the best motor if you are running stock set-up without lightening the truck as it will not overheat on a bigger, outdoor track as easily.
Good to know. I ended up buying a new EB48.3 /Tekin1900 instead of hooking my Losi SCTe up with my 4300. So keeping the 4300 in my Tekno and not getting a HW4700 for my extra truck.

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno