R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)


What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree69Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #3391
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
The problem im running into is ,, I went with a 3S set up & Im having problems finding Quality lipos that fit . Wanted to stay in the 5300mah - 5800mah range. Soft packs MAH are perfect. But the soft pack is to long to fit tray. Also, people are in my ear that im going to puncture. Which I find hard to believe. Hard case is limited to 5000mah or upper 6000mah +.
If you're running 3s you shouldn't need such a high mah. 4300-5000 should be plenty. A 2s 7200 is equal to a 3s 4800 pack in terms of total energy. And because 3s is a little more efficient (if you're running an appropriate motor) you can get by with a little less. A 6000 mah 3s pack is like a 2s 9000 pack, just for reference. If you're looking for hard case, SMC sells 3s in 4300, 5000, and 7200 size packs. If you and the facility you run at are ok with soft case and that's what you have I'd just run them.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #3392
Tech Elite
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,021
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
I also ran into a problem with hinge pin inserts tkr5165 . When using a random hole insert location on one side of the hinge pin . I needed to end up using a insert on the other side of the arm that is pretty much in a straight line. Or it causes hinge pin to twist in the arm & get binding .
The arm is supposed to twist on the pin, rather than the pin twist in the hinge pin holder blocks. If the arm isn't freely moving on the hinge pin, then you should either do the arm cut mod or ream out the arm to 4mm. You can see what I mean about all of that in my video over here (done with the ET48 build).
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #3393
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
The arm is supposed to twist on the pin, rather than the pin twist in the hinge pin holder blocks. If the arm isn't freely moving on the hinge pin, then you should either do the arm cut mod or ream out the arm to 4mm. You can see what I mean about all of that in my video over here (done with the ET48 build).
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #3394
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
If you're running 3s you shouldn't need such a high mah. 4300-5000 should be plenty. A 2s 7200 is equal to a 3s 4800 pack in terms of total energy. And because 3s is a little more efficient (if you're running an appropriate motor) you can get by with a little less. A 6000 mah 3s pack is like a 2s 9000 pack, just for reference. If you're looking for hard case, SMC sells 3s in 4300, 5000, and 7200 size packs. If you and the facility you run at are ok with soft case and that's what you have I'd just run them.
As reference - My kids have a couple slashes that run on traxxas 3s 5000mah 25c with fan , transponder traxxas esc / 3500 kvmotor (veleniom). Usually see 15 min of practice before a charge ( Exclusively track set up & use) . But we recently went to a high speed / high torque servo . This new servo is awesome but has noticeably shortened run time.
Im setting the Tekno up for myself therefore was looking for a bit more in run time. I'm really a old school nitro racer so lipo knowledge is very limited. Learning as we go. Definetly want to keep the truck balanced though..
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #3395
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anyone add weight to the rear of their Tekno? How much if any?
Malazan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:48 AM   #3396
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
Default

The black grease that is included in the kit, is it the same as team associated?
Do any of you guys just use moly grease from the auto store??
Snorkel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:05 AM   #3397
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel54 View Post
The black grease that is included in the kit, is it the same as team associated?
Do any of you guys just use moly grease from the auto store??
For what its worth , We use Mobil1 synthetic on our other sct Brands. Works good on the gears .
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #3398
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maine
Posts: 928
Default

I use the green grease from j&t bearing company instead of the black grease. In comes in a convenient applicator tube that fits in my box nicely. You can find it here: http://jtbearingco.com/accessories/r...9jl3d8njwzuaub

And then I use the cookies crap grease anywhere you would use the AE green slime. You can find that here: http://fiercercsolutions.com/Cookies...-LFR10087S.htm
__________________
The off-road Tekno 3some-> EB48.4 - ET48.3 - SCT410.3
The oval 3some -> Tekno SCT410.3 - Tekno SCT210.3 - Blitz

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #3399
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
As reference - My kids have a couple slashes that run on traxxas 3s 5000mah 25c with fan , transponder traxxas esc / 3500 kvmotor (veleniom). Usually see 15 min of practice before a charge ( Exclusively track set up & use) . But we recently went to a high speed / high torque servo . This new servo is awesome but has noticeably shortened run time.
Im setting the Tekno up for myself therefore was looking for a bit more in run time. I'm really a old school nitro racer so lipo knowledge is very limited. Learning as we go. Definitely want to keep the truck balanced though..
For a racing setup using 10th scale electronics you are going to have trouble getting 15 minutes of runtime out of your truck, unless you go a large battery. And if you go to a battery that large you're going to upset the left/right balance of the truck. But more than that you've increased the overall weight which means more work for the ESC and motor which in turn means more heat.
Better to go with a standard 2s setup (that way you're legal at any track you go to) and plan on practicing around 8-12 minutes depending on your electronics and driving style.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #3400
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
For a racing setup using 10th scale electronics you are going to have trouble getting 15 minutes of runtime out of your truck, unless you go a large battery. And if you go to a battery that large you're going to upset the left/right balance of the truck. But more than that you've increased the overall weight which means more work for the ESC and motor which in turn means more heat.
Better to go with a standard 2s setup (that way you're legal at any track you go to) and plan on practicing around 8-12 minutes depending on your electronics and driving style.
Im went direct to Tekin & went with the $ame 3S set up there using on there 410.3. So I'm in pretty deep there. Plus its hard to go back to 2s once you go 3s . As for balance , yes I am anticipating an small issue . I was going to put the truck up on a set of on road scales to see where im at anyway ,, I guess. Re-balance if need be from there . Roar : This truck will be set up for club racing . Really dont think anyone cares @ the tracks around here. Unless ya start winning then maybe some whining
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #3401
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I got a Small ? Hope I dont end up in trouble here. But Here goes.. There's what looks like to be a mounting area for something just behind the battery tray & next to antenna . Really dont know what goes there. Looks kinda like a servo mounting area if there was a nitro set up. Reason im asking is ,, if i decided to modify battery tray I didnt want to screw myself down the road... Tks again..
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #3402
mkl
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
I got a Small ? Hope I dont end up in trouble here. But Here goes.. There's what looks like to be a mounting area for something just behind the battery tray & next to antenna . Really dont know what goes there. Looks kinda like a servo mounting area if there was a nitro set up. Reason im asking is ,, if i decided to modify battery tray I didnt want to screw myself down the road... Tks again..
What I think you are referring to is a servo mount. Opposite side from the receiver box? It is an option if you wanted to run mechanical brakes like a nitro. I cut mine out because I don't plan on running mechanical brakes. Worst case if you modify it and don't like it, you can pick up another tray-they aren't that expensive.
__________________
Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48, Tekno ET48, X-Ray 808E, TRCE Slash 4x4, Tamiya Lunchbox, Tamiya Frog, Slash 4x4, Axial Wraith
mkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:00 PM   #3403
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
For what its worth , We use Mobil1 synthetic on our other sct Brands. Works good on the gears .
Thank you, is it the red grease one?
Snorkel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #3404
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
I use the green grease from j&t bearing company instead of the black grease. In comes in a convenient applicator tube that fits in my box nicely. You can find it here: http://jtbearingco.com/accessories/r...9jl3d8njwzuaub

And then I use the cookies crap grease anywhere you would use the AE green slime. You can find that here: http://fiercercsolutions.com/Cookies...-LFR10087S.htm
Thanks ezlight! That looks promising, but IMHO has a high snakeoil factor
Snorkel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #3405
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl View Post
What I think you are referring to is a servo mount. Opposite side from the receiver box? It is an option if you wanted to run mechanical brakes like a nitro. I cut mine out because I don't plan on running mechanical brakes. Worst case if you modify it and don't like it, you can pick up another tray-they aren't that expensive.
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net