R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree70Likes

Old 03-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #3196
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekim View Post
i finally got a chance to drive this more, i find there is so much steering, and if find that i roll over a lot when i turn.

i have stock springs in the front and pink in the rear, but otherwise it is box stock with box stock setup. i am not sure where to even begin to figure out where to start. When i had the stock shocks in the back it was too soft and would not hold it up enough on acceleration.

any help with this is appreciated
Are you running the steering stops on the front spindles and if so how many washers? Kit/box setup on the truck? What kind of ride height are you at?
Old 03-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #3197

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

We need to know what surface you are running on and what tires you are running too. And when you say you "roll over a lot" are you traction rolling I assume? Dan.J is probably striking close to the heart of the issue with the ride height question. Some folks early on talked about issues with new springs not allowing them to get the correct ride height. 34mm of ride height would cause traction rolling problems on a LOT of surfaces.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 PM   #3198
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The SCT410.3 is a phenomenal kit. Handling is great, it should be pretty stable . I have not had mine roll over. I've got about 5 packs through so far.

Strange... Usually something breaks by now.

My kit is setup per Tekno box stock setup. Accept my rear shocks are in the outside holes on the shock towers.

It's almost unreal how good the handling is, use the steering limiters they are great. I've turned the dual rates down to on my radio. And I've still got tons of steering.

Best SC kit I've ever had.

I'm using AKA Gridiron soft tires, red foam.

I'm very new to racing trucks like this, so I'm not really understanding on what some adjustments will do to affect handling.

All I could say is, I run 12 full rotations on the rear shock preload , none on the front, and my rear shocks are in the outside position on the shock towers, sway bars kept loose, not tight. And my truck is stable like a cat.
tps3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:12 AM   #3199
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Servo?

Hey , what's the latest and greatest servo out there. Complimenting airtronic 12s & 3s lipo. Track use indoor high bite & outdoor . Lmk
SerpJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #3200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpJimmy View Post
Hey , what's the latest and greatest servo out there. Complimenting airtronic 12s & 3s lipo. Track use indoor high bite & outdoor . Lmk
Lots of options, but the more important question before trying to recommend one is...do you have an ESC that can power a HV servo, or only the normal 6v level?
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #3201
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I switched all my stuff to the new Futaba S9372SV, really liking them. Smooth/strong and wicked fast on 7.4V.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #3202
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Have any of you tried the new Spektrum S6290 yet? At 7.4V, they are .08 speed and 292 oz torque. I have one for my SCT and E-buggy to try out but curious what your experience might be.

And Wow, that Futaba is a real monster!!!!!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #3203
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I haven't used the S6290, but I have Spektrum servos in two of my race vehicles and they have been very good. When they give up I will certainly look at the S6290.- or a Hitec of similar specs.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #3204
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey , what's the latest and greatest servo out there. Complimenting airtronic 12s Lmk
Take a look at the Airtronics SRG models.

KYOSHO - RB6.6 17.5 Turf ~ RB6 17.5 ~ RB6 ~ RZ6 Turf ~ RT6 Turf ~ SC6 17.5 ~ SC6 ~ SC6 Turf ~ ST-RR Evo.2E
TEKNO - SCT-410 ~ SCT-410.3
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #3205
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

These trucks accumulate so much dirt in the chassis. It's crazy. Only about 6 or so packs through , and my truck looks 5 years old lol. Any suggestions on cleaning, or keeping them clean?
tps3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #3206
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps3443 View Post
These trucks accumulate so much dirt in the chassis. It's crazy. Only about 6 or so packs through , and my truck looks 5 years old lol. Any suggestions on cleaning, or keeping them clean?
A lot of people run the buggy body underneath for dusty/muddy conditions, only downside is heat may go up.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #3207

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You can stick a well ventilated EB48 body on it to keep some of the debris out. Where are you running it?!?
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #3208
Tech Adept

Has anyone had an issue during assembly with the front chassis brace not allowing enough clearance for the drive shaft to rest in place like it should? the brace seems to be the culprit as I've tried everything I can do to revert the problem. Should I dremel this out or is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks guys.
Cuebulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #3209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebulon View Post
Has anyone had an issue during assembly with the front chassis brace not allowing enough clearance for the drive shaft to rest in place like it should? the brace seems to be the culprit as I've tried everything I can do to revert the problem. Should I dremel this out or is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks guys.
I have not seen or heard of that except when something was correctly put together. Things to double check:
1) B block on correctly (sometimes people put it on upside down accidentally)
2) Diff case is correct (sometimes people swap the back and front which have different angles where the coupler comes out)
3) Steering posts fully seated into the chassis on bottom (they key in, so must be rotated properly)
4) brace is properly keyed into chassis
5) front bumper is slid onto the front of the chassis rather than sitting on top of it

If you don't figure it out, then I would recommend snapping a few pictures and posting those so we can look for what's going on and see exactly what's up.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #3210
Tech Apprentice

Does anybody know if Tekno is still working on a setup guide or was this just rumor?
Ruffdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno