Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just ordered my Tekno SCT410.3. Will be here tomorrow.

Will post back with pictures, and I will start building as soon as UPS pulls up. Any tips, or recommendations?

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Another thing is you might be running more antisquat than you need. I think the kit setup is 3 degrees. We usually don't need more than 2.
Think you could spoon-feed me on how to get 2 degrees antisquat and the stock toe? I've been trying to figure out that chart and it just doesn't jive.

Maybe 1 while you're at it?

Thanks,
Shanon
Old 02-23-2016, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by King DORK
Doesn't add to the clutter at all. Tube is still only a couple inches and has a very clean look when shaped nicely. Someone suggested coiling it up in the box. If anyone wants to do that, I have no criticisms for them. I was merely suggesting another option to having the antenna sticking out of the body. If anyone likes the suggestion, they're welcome to try it. That's the beauty of this. You can try whatever you like even if someone else feels it's "unnecessary and adds to the clutter". But I appreciate the positive feedback
I wasn't trying to insult you, just figured you might not have understood how 2.4ghz reception works vs the old whip antennas that needed to be fully extended, hence the long antenna tubes.
And again no offense, but if you want positive feedback for what your doing, it has to make logical sense based on my experience.
"Speaking for myself" in this case, it doesn't.

I honestly don't care what you do with your stuff, and wouldn't have said anything about it at all. But I'd hate to see someone read the suggestion and think it's a good idea only to end up getting their antenna ripped out because they had it poked out much longer than it needed to be.
Same goes for those that bend the tip over the end of the tube and then put the end cap on it to secure it in place.
I have seen both accounts cause antennas to be ripped out, so any arguments are void as far as I am concerned.

While this might sound unlikely, it does happen.
One time it happened was because one vehicle broadsided another at the end of a long straight and completely jammed their chassis completely inside the other. That's all it takes.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Josh, I'm certainly aware of the evolution of transmitters/receivers/antenna length and what not. My antennas are only a few inches long anyway so they're by no means flopping around under the body. Either way, anyone reading either suggestion is free to do what they please. The Tekno has plenty of room under the body so do what you please. I read all of your posts and appreciate the knowledge you bring. You can discredit anything you want that doesn't make logical sense to you. No offense here big boy Have a nice day now.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanondink
Think you could spoon-feed me on how to get 2 degrees antisquat and the stock toe? I've been trying to figure out that chart and it just doesn't jive.

Thanks,
Shanon
Look at the very bottom of your setup sheet - the small row of block inserts along the very bottom.

The confusing part is that it shows a 9-square (3x3), but it really is a 25-square (5x5). Reference is 3degrees toe and 3 degrees anti-squat for center hole/center hole. From there it's 1/2 degree increments. I'll try to post a pdf from images gathered from the first page of this thread I think and some verbage I put on them to make it easier to understand.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tekno_mounts.pdf (301.8 KB, 226 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shanondink

Thanks,
Shanon
Try something in the middle of what you want.
Use the .5 degree down "two dot insert" (center/bottom) on the C block, with a 1 degree "one dot" top center on the D block.
This will give you 1.5 degrees antisquat, while maintaining 3 degrees toe in.

Josh, I'm certainly aware of the evolution of transmitters/receivers/antenna length and what not. My antennas are only a few inches long anyway so they're by no means flopping around under the body. Either way, anyone reading either suggestion is free to do what they please. The Tekno has plenty of room under the body so do what you please. I read all of your posts and appreciate the knowledge you bring. You can discredit anything you want that doesn't make logical sense to you. No offense here big boy Have a nice day now.
Fair enough. I can't really recall who knows what on these forums, so I often just assume things by the way a subject is worded.
Again I didn't mean to come off rude.
I probably sound a lot more blunt on here than I actually am getting to a point when I type.
I read in this last comment you're only using a few inches, but when you mentioned your considering bending the antenna tube into the shock tower a few post back, it came off as more than a few inches worth in my mind.
So you can probably see how I might have interpreted that the way I did. Anyhow anything I say is just an opinion, it's fine with me if you take or leave it. I appreciate your input in the group as well.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

We're all friends on here Josh Thanks again for all of your input. I particularly value your knowledge in the area of shock/suspension tuning (along with everyone else's) and look forward to trying some things out. Have a good one!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I have a couple of questions :
1- What chassis braces are you guys running for indoor med bite and outdoor
2- I am having a problem with getting a 14 t pinion to work it will not get close enough to mesh with the stock spur.I have tried to move the motor mount around and that did not work Currently runnnig 16/44 and 4700 kv hobbywing motor thanks
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

I ran the 4700 Hobbywing in my "old" Tekno. 15-16 tooth on med bite med size indoor clay was the sweet spot. I'd be concerned with over revving going down to a 14.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho
2- I am having a problem with getting a 14 t pinion to work it will not get close enough to mesh with the stock spur.I have tried to move the motor mount around and that did not work Currently runnnig 16/44 and 4700 kv hobbywing motor thanks
Fully agree with what King said^

The 4700 is the only motor I run, and it likes a taller gear with zero timing.
15 is as low as you will ever need to go. I can run a 17t 40 spur in my SCTE 2.0 all day long. Still has loads of bottom end and the top speed is ridiculous.
If your going to beat me, your going to do it in the turns, cause on the straights I have a rocket ship!
Old 02-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

My 4700 was ballistic. Medium track and a 15 tooth pinion and it never got above 135-140 degrees. Trying the 4000 Hobbywing this time with a 17/18 pinion. Has anyone tried the Durango aluminum opinions?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho
My self and most guys I know only run the front brace, hardly ever find I like it better with the middle or rear.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My 4700 was ballistic. Medium track and a 15 tooth pinion and it never got above 135-140 degrees. Trying the 4000 Hobbywing this time with a 17/18 pinion. Has anyone tried the Durango aluminum opinions?
The 4000 is a great motor, super snappy and great top end. I find I like a 18T on it best for the most part.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm running the Team Durango 18 pinion with great results. The smallest aluminum ones start at 17.
To compare the weight of the pinion >>
solid 18 pinion - 14 grams
lighten Tekno 18 pinion - 10 grams
Team Durango (aluminum) 18 pinion - 3 grams
Old 02-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
I'm running the Team Durango 18 pinion with great results. The smallest aluminum ones start at 17.
To compare the weight of the pinion >>
solid 18 pinion - 14 grams
lighten Tekno 18 pinion - 10 grams
Team Durango (aluminum) 18 pinion - 3 grams
Rotating mass on the motor shaft?

Wow...that's huge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.