R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8072 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace A block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace C block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree68Likes

Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #2161
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
I did use them at first. They stayed plenty tight. I ended up removing the motor one time, and lost 2 of the screws, so I just ended up soldering wires direct to the motor.
Hoese, the motor temps you got with this motor, was it via a temp gun or datalog? I'm getting about a 70 degF discrepancy between the two.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #2162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mine was via temp gun on the can. Datalogging temps will be a it higher due to the sensors being inside the can.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #2163
Tech Adept

Quote:
Play with the shock tower location.
I run 2nd from bottom hole on towers. Inner hole on rear arm. Outer hole on front arm. Start around 35 weight oil, fine tune from there. Green rear. Black & Pink Fronts. The Jeremy McGuigan pill & link set up. Ride height around 27 front 26 rear. 106 front droop, 122 rear droop. 2 degree front camber, 3 degree rear camber. Tires have A LOT to do with traction rolling. A less aggressive tread will slide more predictable.
Savox Servos
HRP - Hobby & Recreation Products
Barillms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #2164
Tech Fanatic

Default Shock Pistons

What is the performance difference in the 4x1.8 piston vs the 6x1.5 piston?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #2165
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a 410 only have 6 laps on it before my esc started to act up but I figured that problem out went back to the default program and it started to work again but I haven't gotten back to the track. My problem really was in the flying and landing the truck want to nose over what is the trick to get this truck to land level or nose up slightly?
Thanks

http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:43 PM   #2166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
I have a 410 only have 6 laps on it before my esc started to act up but I figured that problem out went back to the default program and it started to work again but I haven't gotten back to the track. My problem really was in the flying and landing the truck want to nose over what is the trick to get this truck to land level or nose up slightly?
Thanks
What's your setup including motor and gearing?
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #2167
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
What's your setup including motor and gearing?
That is a good question I bought it useď and I haven't had @ chance or the knowledge of the truck to kn ow what the base set up. I know I have a Tekin 4600 kv geared With a stock spur gear. I hate to be so ignorant of what I should know. I went to Petit rc and downloaded a setup for a loamy track to give myself a baseline setup. One thing i did notice the amount weight in the front of the truck battery esc and no weight in the rear of the truck.
thank you ahead of time for helping a off road neoflight.

http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:37 PM   #2168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
That is a good question I bought it useď and I haven't had @ chance or the knowledge of the truck to kn ow what the base set up. I know I have a Tekin 4600 kv geared With a stock spur gear. I hate to be so ignorant of what I should know. I went to Petit rc and downloaded a setup for a loamy track to give myself a baseline setup. One thing i did notice the amount weight in the front of the truck battery esc and no weight in the rear of the truck.
You really should go through the truck and check everything. Either go back to the stock setup or there are some good setups on the tekno website. You may be chasing your tail if there's something mechanically wrong or it just has a funky setup. If it is still nose diving then we can go from there. A lot of guys here have experience getting rid of that so someone will be able to help. Also make sure your gearing is right. For a 4600 tekin I would run a 15 or 16 pinion nothing smaller. Gearing too low can cause nose down issues too.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #2169
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
If you have nose dive issue check Daniel Lewis set up at Tekno website. Also try less kick up in the rear.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #2170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks
Most of the time its the rear shocks are too light by either oil, or springs, or both.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #2171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Most of the time its the rear shocks are too light by either oil, or springs, or both.
+1,000,000,000,000
XRAY 17 XB4
Yokomo YZ-2 CA
Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #2172
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks
Kit springs/oils? Going from the kit rear black springs to say pink and a touch heavier on the oil may be all you need, sometimes a slight change is all it takes. The setup that Tekno posted a couple pages back is pretty solid for a kind of "do it all" setup IMO, you may want to give that a try.
http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...Lewis_SDRC.pdf
Old 09-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #2173
Tech Fanatic

Default Ads

Off subject, but very irritating, anybody know how i keep all these ads etc. from popping up while in the forums here? I'm using my phone 99% of the time.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #2174
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qstorm777 View Post
Off subject, but very irritating, anybody know how i keep all these ads etc. from popping up while in the forums here? I'm using my phone 99% of the time.
I don't even bother with this site on my phone much as the redirects kicking me off the site piss me off in the worst way Very frustrating when you are trying to do something on the site from your mobile and it takes 5 attempts to do a single thing
Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #2175
Tech Adept

All you have to do is go to your settings on your phone, and click "Block pop ups".
Savox Servos
HRP - Hobby & Recreation Products
Barillms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sct410, sct410.3, short course, short course 4x4, tekno