R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Send a message via Yahoo to knucklebusta
Default Couple of questions on the Ofna Ultra LX Comp and the MBX Comp

Hello, new on here. Kevin. I use to own a worlds, few years back and I'm looking to get another Ofna buggy. Couple of questions. Mainly, what is the difference between the LX Comp and the MBX Comp?

I notice the two use different suspension or steering in the front. I'm looking for something durable. I'll be ordering 3 of whatever I pick.

I'm also confused as far as upgrade parts. I see parts here for an Ultra LX Pro? Is this for the LX Comp or another vehicle?
So in an organized format. Here are my questions.
1. The difference between the MBX and the LX
2. Upgrade parts available for either?
3. Which suspension design (steering) is stronger.
4. What breaks on these?

I'm also wondering if the nitro engines have improved over the past years. The last time I was into nitro, about 7 years ago, all I did was tune tune and tune. I'd get like 2 runs in before I had to mess with the carb. Is this still the case? It's why I sold all the nitro stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

knucklebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I can't help ya on the car thing except to say if you want ofna and want to race the jammin or the hyper 7 would be a better car for you. The hypers you can find used for cheap most the time.

Nitro engines are very durable and easy to tune now in my opinion. I had one back in 94 and as you say it was always needing tuning. Todays OS, novarossis, RB, most motors are all very strong and have good user friendly carbs. Much more pleasant of a nitro experiance now.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg

why dont you and buy a Mugen MBX5 or Cray XB8 or a Caster ZX-1 which is a very affordable buggy and just as good as the Mugen and xtays that cost much more and the all come fully optioned with all the goodies
exept radio,engine,starter box ..
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote