Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HELP NEEDED New to 1/10th RWD E-buggy class, any recommendations? >

HELP NEEDED New to 1/10th RWD E-buggy class, any recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP NEEDED New to 1/10th RWD E-buggy class, any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile HELP NEEDED New to 1/10th RWD E-buggy class, any recommendations?

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum. I am currently in the 1/8th buggy class and Im looking to get a 1/10 RWD E buggy to start racing at my hobby shop (NorCal Hobbies)

Im currently looking for a buggy but I'm not sure exactly what one to get and would appreciate some advice

Ive narrowed it down to either;

B5M Factory Team

B5M Factory Light

Serpent SRX2 MM

1) Out of these three, is there anything that makes any of these stand out?

2) I heard the serpent is really durable and better quality overall, is that true? Is the composite chassis a real issue?

3) Regardless of parts support, what one would you guys go with? Or any other 1/10th recommendations?

4) Also, I'm looking at the hobby wing xenon 120a esc and 8.5t motor, is that a good combination?

5) Does anybody have any of these that can comment on why they like theirs or why its better? or have you had both and prefer one over the other?

6) Do you think the Factory light is going to be significantly better than the factory team?

I've been searching forums about what buggy to get and i haven't got a definite answer, i would definitely appreciate any help you can offer. Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thank you very much!
Old 03-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seanp0216
Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum. I am currently in the 1/8th buggy class and Im looking to get a 1/10 RWD E buggy to start racing at my hobby shop (NorCal Hobbies)

Im currently looking for a buggy but I'm not sure exactly what one to get and would appreciate some advice

Ive narrowed it down to either;

B5M Factory Team

B5M Factory Light

Serpent SRX2 MM

1) Out of these three, is there anything that makes any of these stand out?

2) I heard the serpent is really durable and better quality overall, is that true? Is the composite chassis a real issue?

3) Regardless of parts support, what one would you guys go with? Or any other 1/10th recommendations?

4) Also, I'm looking at the hobby wing xenon 120a esc and 8.5t motor, is that a good combination?

5) Does anybody have any of these that can comment on why they like theirs or why its better? or have you had both and prefer one over the other?

6) Do you think the Factory light is going to be significantly better than the factory team?

I've been searching forums about what buggy to get and i haven't got a definite answer, i would definitely appreciate any help you can offer. Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thank you very much!
I don't think the light version is needed since you're running mod. The plus to AE is there is a lot of presence around the country, not sure about your location, but around here Serpent is still growing and only a handful of guys run them. Overall the Serpent car seems to be a better car. Talk to the guys at your local track and ask them what they think! 2wd buggy is a fun class and I think you'll have fun with either car.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

thank you very much. Im leaning towards the serpent. My LHS doesn't have parts support for it but that should motivate me to be prepared with spare parts.

Do any serpent srx2 drivers have a list of parts that i should keep on hand? I am about 75 pages into the Official SR2 thread so far.

any thing will help, thanks guy
Old 03-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Seanp0216
thank you very much. Im leaning towards the serpent. My LHS doesn't have parts support for it but that should motivate me to be prepared with spare parts.

Do any serpent srx2 drivers have a list of parts that i should keep on hand? I am about 75 pages into the Official SR2 thread so far.

any thing will help, thanks guy
I would say as with any car, ballcups, ball studs, and arms are my recommendations
Old 03-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

I am in the middle of building the Serpent right now, actually. So far the quality is pretty good. It is a good, solid design and it seems pretty beefy. I am just going to run 17.5, however, so I can't help you on the motor choice. If you DO go with the Serpent, the Facebook community is very active (and awesome) and Billy Easton who designed the car will personally answer many questions posted to the page. Honestly, that is what sold the Serpent to me over a couple of other cars I was considering.