Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What are the top 1/8 ebuggies on the market today? >

What are the top 1/8 ebuggies on the market today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the top 1/8 ebuggies on the market today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you're breaking Mugens at all frequently, R/C racing may just not be your game. They are very strong.

I'm sure you're beginning to see that there are many good choices out there but if you like the Tekno SCT and don't have problems getting parts for it when needed, get the matching buggy. That's a no-brainer.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

something I differ on, owning both the EB48 and the SCT410 from tekno a lot of the parts you would think they would share to call it good they don't.

Now, that doesnt' mean you can't turn say an SCT410 into an EB48. Then you really can share a whole bunch of parts.

I actually went away from my SC10 4x4 back in the day because I thought the SCT410 would be compatible like -arms, etc but its not.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janisdaubergs
Definitely not Mugen
Here all mugen drivers we have, often don't finish mains because of broken Arms - MBX6 and also MBX7. Of course might be also their fault, but I would say that it's not durable car, I started with MBX6 nitro.
After year switched to TLR 3.0 and yes I tend to bend shock shafts or hinge pins when hit something hard, but I can still finish my race. Overall the car is very durable and competitive, also team driver setups and support is on top level;

Now I own both TLR 3.0E and nitro versions and have zero issues with cars durability;
Then they dont know how to drive! Ran the mugen all last year broke 1 arm and it was my fault. Never boiled anything on the car
Old 02-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tekno
Losi
Associated
Kyosho
JQ
Mugen
Hot Bodies
You cant go wrong with any of these cars. I have driven all the ones listed above but the JQ car and with the correct tires for our track would be with in a few 1/10s of what I run with mine. I run the Associated RC8.2E the oldest kit listed but I like it so I see no need in changing. At the end of the day it really comes down to who ran a clean race.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcus3r
There you go. Maybe, instead of talking about a rig you don't own, you can focus on the one you do, and it's bent shock shafts...

Had my MBX6 for couple years, not a single broken arm. 3 MBX7s at my track, also no issues.

Anyways. Like my Mugen. Also liked the Tekno when I drove it.
Did you read that I started with mugen, and that top drivers have issues all around? Not saying losi don't have weaknesses but you can still finish with bent shafts or hinges.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Any love on the Sworks buggy?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boostgod
It's not getting a lot of love because its not winning races... it's probably a decent buggy, and sounds like you're quite interested in it (though there are other options if its just because of the 2x2s packs). Unless you're placing in the a-main in pro, the differences in talent level will exceed the differences in the buggies. Buy the one you like.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm wanting an 1/8 E buggy myself, in fact that is what I was planning to buy when I got talked into the 1/10 2wd which was about a month ago. Now I plan on selling my PRS1 V2 with motor an servo so I can get a 1/8 buggy. For me it's between the Losi 3.0 or Tekon EB48.2. I think you can't go wrong with either one.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by janisdaubergs
Did you read that I started with mugen, and that top drivers have issues all around? Not saying losi don't have weaknesses but you can still finish with bent shafts or hinges.
If bending shock shafts is a common occurrence and happens even once a year you should probably ask yourself if you might be driving over your head. Mugen's are bombproof man.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Boostgod
I've drove 3 different ones and hated all 3.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by team orange
If bending shock shafts is a common occurrence and happens even once a year you should probably ask yourself if you might be driving over your head. Mugen's are bombproof man.
Didn't they also change the front arm design? There are lots of Mugens at our local track and its rare to see one with a broke arm now.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Serpent 811 series. I have been racing these for years. I have yet to break a single part. No joke. I have $thousands in spares and they just sit in the pit box. The new versions handle really well, and are very stable. If only I could drive like the guys beating me...
Old 02-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just because you have 2s packs you can still use them in a buggy made for a single 4s. That shouldn't make the decision for you. Get the one you can get parts and support for.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgod
Just because you have 2s packs you can still use them in a buggy made for a single 4s. That shouldn't make the decision for you. Get the one you can get parts and support for.
That has nothing to do with it. I have over 20 vehicles ready to run at all times. I have several 4s packs and 6s packs. I have run 6s 3250 pack with 1400kv and a lot of limiter in my TEKNO, this was faster, but the car simply breaks a lot of parts. Anyone who has had a DNF knows that is the worst reason to lose a race. Traffic can be a B!#*^!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Stig US
That has nothing to do with it. I have over 20 vehicles ready to run at all times. I have several 4s packs and 6s packs. I have run 6s 3250 pack with 1400kv and a lot of limiter in my TEKNO, this was faster, but the car simply breaks a lot of parts. Anyone who has had a DNF knows that is the worst reason to lose a race. Traffic can be a B!#*^!
Parts are easy to get also. Many online stores carry full support line. I have no L.H.S. anyhow, so this is where I have to go for parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.