Team Durango new vehicules in 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango new vehicules in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Durangos new lineup is so close to Arrma M8 cars that I believe that new durangos are just upgraded version Arrma cars. So next SC4 is based same M8 chassis and has pivot ball steering/suspension.. Is it good to racing?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Arrma=Durango, would make sense that the buggies were similar
Old 02-01-2015, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B.C.Ninja
Arrma=Durango, would make sense that the buggies were similar
Team Durango are pulling the General Motors route...
everything is a Chevy "Arrma" and the "performance Cadillac" line is the Durango. Just making you pay a little more for the same almost exact product...
Arrma..
No wonder they made us wait so dam long, they are trying to kill 2 birds with one stone!!! I will bet Team Durango's quality drops a little or more on there kits. Your going to get "Ready To Run" in Kit form, then your still going to have to fork over money to get it running..
I've been waiting alomst a year and saving to buy the DNX8 & DNX8T
to buy Durango!!!!!!!! Not Arrma!!!!!!!!
F@CK this I'm buying Sworkz!!!!!!
No wonder Ryan Lutz Left, this is a joke!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Make a race car based on a RTR car is a strange commercial strategy but not a bad idea ... the Arrma work well, the Durango could be better, why not !!!

They have just keep the composite parts and some parts of the transmission but all other parts are different, drive shafts, tower shocks and shocks, center drive, chassis,etc...

Durango VS Arrma

Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I won't comment until I see the car in person and drive it. It may not look as nice because of less bling. But if it handles better and is lighter.......then you will have to change your thinking. It's looks like the Losi's of a few years back. You had pro kits and RTR kits. Most components the same, except for chassis, shocks, and small bits here and there. I do like the U-Joint center shafts and body though....
Old 02-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They have to be heavy , as they are stressed more than anything else, especially the Truggy. Look at Teknos, they are heavy, but they last a long time and can be driven very hard. Power and weight go together, you have to keep it on the ground, or those love taps on your bumper will send you crashing. I see that Truggy with 1/10 scale arms, tires, and towers.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Durango is no longer "serious about racing" like there moto says.
its more now like "not to be taken serious for racing anymore"
Why go through the trouble of creating a new company and making RTR's that are pretty much exactly the same as there saposed race vehicales? I get the whole RTR thing, why not keep it under the same name brand? Any other company out there that has a serious racing platform has a RTR version. Even the MP9 Tki3 has a RTR. You don't see them creating a sub company to market there mirror image RTR of the Race car.
Arrma is nothing, "nothing" more than a back yard basher vehicale. I don't care if Durango makes a RTR off there race car, every manufacturer does that.
But, don't make RTR and call it a race car.
Especially if the RTR version is $50-100 or more dollas cheaper than the kit form.
Essentially your getting a back yard basher in kit form and paying more for it...
Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't wait to see the Desc410 version. I like the upgraded parts over the original Desc410. I will start saving now for it now, maybe tax return money! If these cars do well on the track, then Durango may very well bring back a Team.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by H83R
Durango is no longer "serious about racing" like there moto says.
its more now like "not to be taken serious for racing anymore"
Why go through the trouble of creating a new company and making RTR's that are pretty much exactly the same as there saposed race vehicales? I get the whole RTR thing, why not keep it under the same name brand? Any other company out there that has a serious racing platform has a RTR version. Even the MP9 Tki3 has a RTR. You don't see them creating a sub company to market there mirror image RTR of the Race car.
Arrma is nothing, "nothing" more than a back yard basher vehicale. I don't care if Durango makes a RTR off there race car, every manufacturer does that.
But, don't make RTR and call it a race car.
Especially if the RTR version is $50-100 or more dollas cheaper than the kit form.
Essentially your getting a back yard basher in kit form and paying more for it...

Who says its a RTR the Durango it is a kit and has thicker shock towers, different U joint axles more adjustments not the same shocks etc its not a basher its a raceing platform kit not like the Arrma every company does the same thing Losi etc.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

so much is different does it matter that some of the design is like the arrma?
Old 02-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So everyone is comparing it to the arrma car, what's wrong with that? The arrma was based on the race kit most likely to make it a better prototype to race with suspension parts being easy to make for those running the prototype cars. If you take a arrma car and race it, I'm sure it'll be competitive. All that said, they're a lot different
Old 02-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Prophet

I don't care if its based off the Arrma if its balanced well and has room for the electronics don't matter to me . Like i said most of the companys do the same thing but with different and better aluminum and drivetrain, shocks etc.

Im interested in the E-Buggy coming out from them. I do like that there is no saddle pack setup anymore.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Saddles aren't as balanced
Old 02-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
Saddles aren't as balanced

Oh dint know that. I meant im glad there isn't a Saddle pack setup anymore for ease .
Old 02-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Yup. Tekno has done the most ebuggy testing and they've tried it all. They say saddles aren't as balanced so they don't use it. It's also a pain for batteries and charging, it's just got no advamtages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.