Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
What does mounting the shocks on the rear do for you? I've bought the conversion because everyone is doing it here for carpet, just wondering what it does.

thanks
When you mount the shocks on the rear, you're adding stability and rear grip. You in essence shift a little more weight over the rear axle. I did it on my car and it was very noticeable. If you're on high bite carpet, this may allow you to shift your motor forward one step (from mid to low or low to forward). You'll have to see how much more grip you get.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very interesting, but makes sense that even a small amount of weight that far away from the c of g makes a big difference. I had previously thought about a brass version of the rear hinge pin retainer (U4686) for similar effect.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Very interesting, but makes sense that even a small amount of weight that far away from the c of g makes a big difference. I had previously thought about a brass version of the rear hinge pin retainer (U4686) for similar effect.
I personally try to refrain from adding weight unless I have to. That's a tuning thing for me though. My car's heavy enough so I don't really want to add more.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

100% agree, I hate the thought of superfluous weight but that's also what I thought when I saw the 'Factory Team' lead weight in the RC10B4.1 FT WC Kit, surprised that it wasn't blue...
Old 03-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oldernoob
100% agree, I hate the thought of superfluous weight but that's also what I thought when I saw the 'Factory Team' lead weight in the RC10B4.1 FT WC Kit, surprised that it wasn't blue...
Well that's different. The B4 platform was designed around round cells, which were considerably heavier. You had to add some weight to get the car back to the proper weight.

A lot of people forget how old that car is. Billy Easton won the worlds with it in 2003
Old 03-30-2016, 03:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I hate adding weight but I've slowly gotten used to it. Lower grip simply requires a ball diff and a certain amount of rear weight bias. I now have 25g in and around the lower transmission housing. It bothers me because the KF2 is already quite heavy but at least it's all low and within the wheelbase. I should scale it again to see if I'm up to 60%. I'd like to try a carbon chassis and make up the difference with ballast... Probably not going to happen.

Oh well. It's all worth it when I pull the body off and people lose their minds.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Saturn V
I hate adding weight but I've slowly gotten used to it. Lower grip simply requires a ball diff and a certain amount of rear weight bias. I now have 25g in and around the lower transmission housing. It bothers me because the KF2 is already quite heavy but at least it's all low and within the wheelbase. I should scale it again to see if I'm up to 60%. I'd like to try a carbon chassis and make up the difference with ballast... Probably not going to happen.

Oh well. It's all worth it when I pull the body off and people lose their minds.
Exactly...or my favorite is when I put the car down and guys tell me I'm in the wrong heat because 'this isn't 4wd buggy'. Love the sound that car makes screaming down the straights

I'm not going to get much 2wd wheel time for the next few months, but come this fall I'll grab scales and work on the weight bias. I have a feeling my KF2SE is never going to touch dirt or clay again. I'll probably piece together a SV2 for that, but who knows
Old 03-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Weight

Originally Posted by Saturn V

I have put a lot of time with the MM package from high bite clay to loose dirt! My running weight is around 1513-15 grs. With 65 grs. on the rear W/ carbon chassis! Love this buggy took more time to get the buggy to perform on high bite tracks than loose one's for me! Balance is 39/61 & 50/50 side. However with a more precise scale ie..half measurements .50 it is close to 38.5/61.5 balance as my SkyRC scale fluctuates between 39/61-38/62.

Last edited by MelKF2; 03-30-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MelKF2
I have put a lot of time with the MM package from high bite clay to loose dirt! My running weight is around 1513-15 grs. With 65 grs. on the rear W/ carbon chassis! Love this buggy took more time to get the buggy to perform on high bite tracks than loose one's for me! Balance is 39/61 & 50/50 side. However with a more precise scale ie..half measurements .50 it is close to 38.5/61.5 balance as my SkyRC scale fluctuates between 39/61-38/62.
Hey Mel, Can you post pics of your car and list the option parts you're using? I may try just building a 2nd KF2 for dirt and it sounds like you have a nice starting point.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey Mel, Can you post pics of your car and list the option parts you're using? I may try just building a 2nd KF2 for dirt and it sounds like you have a nice starting point.

Will send setup sheet in a few! Cool
Old 03-31-2016, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry

Will send setup sheet in a few! Cool

Last edited by MelKF2; 03-31-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

MelKF2 - pictures not working, is it just me?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

not working for me either
Old 04-01-2016, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Posting pix and setup for Mel .. you can download the setup in .PDF here: MelsKF2

.. p
Old 04-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, liking that. Thanks for the pics and set up sheet too. Are there spacers behind the front outer ball joints enabling straight ball joint cups?

Someone mentioned 'Tyre Slap' when i visited SRS i could hear some cars making a cracking sound-i thought it was a drivetrain thing. Some dude told me it was the tyres, is that true? what makes that sound?

Last edited by oldernoob; 04-01-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.