R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

6.5
7.5
8.5
9.5
10.5
13.5
17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!


MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #1066
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I found the Slipper Eliminator that I think we were all waiting for. I ordered mine but haven't received it yet. Once I get it I'll give a proper review.

http://rcmadness.com/product/rcmschl...ociated-gears/
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:47 AM   #1067
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

Well, I have tried every motor position for a medium grip clay track (OCRC).

The LG worked really well. I was able to run the rear really soft and heighten the roll center which gave me a great action all the way through the corner.

The STD position worked pretty good but required me to move the rear wheels all the way forward (flipping arms and moving alignment spacers) to get the rear grip back to what the LG had.

Now it's time to give the MM a try. And from what I've heard from y'all, it should only improve rear traction. Since my chassis already had the hole position for the MM, I didn't want to buy the whole kit (I didn't get the SE car, so it didn't come with the MM). So I fabricated my own battery position, specially since my super short batteries would not fit with the regular shorty kit.

I'll get it on the track tonight, and hope it does well.

__________________
Team Associated - Axial - Reedy - LRP - SMC - Hobbywing - JConcepts - Proline
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #1068
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Also I just noticed you have the aluminum rear camber mount. I've never seen anyone run it because the holes it places you don't match up with the carbon. I wish they would revise that and offer it in the standard mounting hole lengths. I'll have to suggest it.

Also on my wish list is wing mounts closer together so we can use other brands of wings when Shuie's aren't in stock locally.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #1069
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

I have modified some B6D wing mounts to fit. If you can see, I have 4 screws and not just the two with the hooks on the std mounts. Doing this does one of two things for me.
1, allows the wing to sit lower in the normal mounting fashion
2, allows me to invert the mount and run the wing really low

Running stock, the wing only provides in air control and some side help for bite. So hiding it behind the shock tower saves my wing as I tend to go through them kinda quick. And spending $10-14 on a wing every couple of weeks was a little much. They seem to be much lighter material than PL or JC ones. So I started to form my own, now they are $1 in material.

I switched to the aluminum mount so it was easier to remove the control link for diff adjustments. Another reason I run the ball stud facing backwards.
__________________
Team Associated - Axial - Reedy - LRP - SMC - Hobbywing - JConcepts - Proline
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #1070
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikin View Post
I have modified some B6D wing mounts to fit. If you can see, I have 4 screws and not just the two with the hooks on the std mounts. Doing this does one of two things for me.
1, allows the wing to sit lower in the normal mounting fashion
2, allows me to invert the mount and run the wing really low

Running stock, the wing only provides in air control and some side help for bite. So hiding it behind the shock tower saves my wing as I tend to go through them kinda quick. And spending $10-14 on a wing every couple of weeks was a little much. They seem to be much lighter material than PL or JC ones. So I started to form my own, now they are $1 in material.

I switched to the aluminum mount so it was easier to remove the control link for diff adjustments. Another reason I run the ball stud facing backwards.
Are you using the existing wing mount holes? Looks like you are. I would love to move the wing mounts closer together by about 8-10 mm so that you can use any brand wing in a jam.

And I totally get why you use the alum camber link. Just making sure you know that the position of the holes are in don't offer the 'stock' position.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #1071
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

oh and based off the recent tracks I've gone to, I'm pretty much just running 17.5 now too. I got the RCMadness Exotek slipper eliminator this week. I actually didn't have a spur to fit it so I didn't install yet. I already have one coming and should be able to put up pics of it next week.

I bounced around between chassis layouts and low grip was definitely faster this past weekend on Ozite. MM was almost 1 second per lap slower for me. I just couldn't get the car through the turns consistently. Some it would push out in the middle, others it would snap loose. Very inconsistent. Low Grip was not only quicker on the clock, but more consistent.

Now I just need to find a carbon fiber chassis and a 30mm fan that will not blow apart in one run and I'll be all ready to go
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:31 AM   #1072
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

I tried out the MM this weekend and between that and the LG, the traction did not change. Which right now is none on the rear.

I have changed tires, camber, weight, wheelbase, shock oil, spring rate, roll center. Right now my ratio is 59/41 and total weight of 1530g. I even swapped out front tires in order to reduce front traction.

I think it might be the spring/shock combo. I may be allowing too much chassis roll.

Thoughts?

Btw, the WTF 30mm fan I am running has been working great for weeks.
__________________
Team Associated - Axial - Reedy - LRP - SMC - Hobbywing - JConcepts - Proline

Last edited by Azzkikin; 11-21-2016 at 06:31 AM.
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:44 AM   #1073
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikin View Post
I tried out the MM this weekend and between that and the LG, the traction did not change. Which right now is none on the rear.

I have changed tires, camber, weight, wheelbase, shock oil, spring rate, roll center. Right now my ratio is 59/41 and total weight of 1530g. I even swapped out front tires in order to reduce front traction.

I think it might be the spring/shock combo. I may be allowing too much chassis roll.

Thoughts?

Btw, the WTF 30mm fan I am running has been working great for weeks.
Mel has been running MM on clay for a long time. I suggest you get with him and try exactly what he has and then adjust for your track conditions / driving style.

My WTF fan literally blew apart on the third battery. Couple of the locals like Yeah Racing's Aluminum fan. I may try that.

Side note, did you guys see how amazing Orlowski's car looked at EOS? SOOO stable yet fast. We never got to see what's under the hood, but that body wasn't the MM body, so at least we know it wasn't MM .

My next focus is to get my car closer to 1540gr, which is where I always preferred my AE car. Lighter than that made the car unsettled too easy. Hoping that once I get the eliminator and carbon chassis on I'll be closer to that number. Currently at 1625, but I have a lot of extra wire and nothing done for weight savings.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:51 AM   #1074
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

As far as I know, Orlowski only ran the MM for the Reedy Race this year, normally he runs the other two versions.

I have a Yeah Racing fan also and it has held up pretty good too.

It may be that I am running too light. I was near 1500 before adding the weights.

I'll hit up Mel and see what is setup is.
__________________
Team Associated - Axial - Reedy - LRP - SMC - Hobbywing - JConcepts - Proline
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #1075
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikin View Post
As far as I know, Orlowski only ran the MM for the Reedy Race this year, normally he runs the other two versions.

I have a Yeah Racing fan also and it has held up pretty good too.

It may be that I am running too light. I was near 1500 before adding the weights.

I'll hit up Mel and see what is setup is.
Chatted with him the other day. He's never run the front motor (saddle setup). He has 2 constants for pretty much every track now. Carbon Chassis and SV2 front arms. Both to make the car react quicker. The SV2 arms are slightly shorter, so they are better in the tight switch backs. Since I have a shiny almost new SV2 sitting here, I'm going to steal the arms and try it before ordering more

Also the first round of EOS in Germany he was on MM and his car looked really good. The track wasn't as tight though as Poland was, which may be why he went with low grip.

One other observation is that I noticed most, if not all of Michal's setups have him using a 1.2mm rear sway bar. I just ordered one of those as well
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #1076
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
Chatted with him the other day. He's never run the front motor (saddle setup). He has 2 constants for pretty much every track now. Carbon Chassis and SV2 front arms. Both to make the car react quicker. The SV2 arms are slightly shorter, so they are better in the tight switch backs. Since I have a shiny almost new SV2 sitting here, I'm going to steal the arms and try it before ordering more

Also the first round of EOS in Germany he was on MM and his car looked really good. The track wasn't as tight though as Poland was, which may be why he went with low grip.

One other observation is that I noticed most, if not all of Michal's setups have him using a 1.2mm rear sway bar. I just ordered one of those as well
But a rear sway bar would add front traction and a front sway bar to add rear traction. Isn't that how it works?

Would narrowing my rear width increase the rear bite as the narrower SV2 arms help with front traction?
__________________
Team Associated - Axial - Reedy - LRP - SMC - Hobbywing - JConcepts - Proline
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #1077
Tech Regular
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Try the U4860 rear hexes. That's what Orlowski ran on his Reedy car.
__________________
Schumacher Cars
Speed Passion Powered
qcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #1078
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

Got them already, but it was to use DE wheels. I'll have to get some Schuies
__________________
Team Associated - Axial - Reedy - LRP - SMC - Hobbywing - JConcepts - Proline
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #1079
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikin View Post
But a rear sway bar would add front traction and a front sway bar to add rear traction. Isn't that how it works?

Would narrowing my rear width increase the rear bite as the narrower SV2 arms help with front traction?
Oh I wasn't suggesting it for you per se. I was just pointing out another observation. And adding the rear sway bar would cause the rear end to roll less. In Simple Terms, more roll usually = more grip. I would take that rear camber block you have off the car and use the carbon one with no ball stud washers. That alum camber link is = to 4mm of ball stud washers.

You can also shim the entire carbon brace up as well.

Think about how other cars work. If you want more roll, you raise the ball stud. Try it.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #1080
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
Try the U4860 rear hexes. That's what Orlowski ran on his Reedy car.
Correct. Narrow wheel hexs will help too but I think his problem is the roll center.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net