Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micholix
Ah ok, so do i understand right, the lack of steering on exit corner was not with that setup?
That's correct it was just low grip set up I was having problems with on exit
Old 10-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Do any of you guys mess with the wing angle and notice a difference in rear grip? I have always had my wing pitched up (no spacers on the mounts). Wondering if that's why I have so much rear traction in the LG setup. Racing against guys with the MM setup, I have no more or less traction then they do and they are running weights in the rear too.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azzkikin
Do any of you guys mess with the wing angle and notice a difference in rear grip? I have always had my wing pitched up (no spacers on the mounts). Wondering if that's why I have so much rear traction in the LG setup. Racing against guys with the MM setup, I have no more or less traction then they do and they are running weights in the rear too.
I'm running my mount with the spacer, so I have less of a wing angle. Haven't tried it without.

Speaking of wings, have any of you found anything other than the Schumacher wings that fit ok? I haven't found any that fit correctly as ours mounts so wide. I love the Shuie wings but it would be nice to have options for when I destroy one at a race and the track doesn't stock them.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

I just started using the k1 wing cut low with a 3mm shim
Old 10-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Jconcepts Aero Xray XB2 Rear Wing might work as it looks flat, so you can place the holes where we need them.

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/aero-xray-xb2-rear-wing

Or the Team Durango 1.5mm HD Straight Wing

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD480015
Old 10-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

along with the front wing
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-image.jpg  
Old 10-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Jconcepts Aero Xray XB2 Rear Wing might work as it looks flat, so you can place the holes where we need them.

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/aero-xray-xb2-rear-wing

Or the Team Durango 1.5mm HD Straight Wing

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD480015
Thanks. I'll check out that XB2 wing. That would be ideal since I also run JC
Old 10-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Here is the setup I ran at OCRC and it was stuck to the ground.
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-20160828_170303.jpg   New Schumacher KF2-kf2_setup-ocrc-10-5-16.jpg   New Schumacher KF2-kf2-weight-ratio.jpg  

Last edited by Azzkikin; 10-11-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rear camber links

Here is the setup I ran at OCRC and it was stuck to the ground.
What is the effect of running camber links reversed? Have you tried MM w/ ESC at rear? My F/R balance 39/61 w/o tires solid.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MelKF2
What is the effect of running camber links reversed? Have you tried MM w/ ESC at rear? My F/R balance 39/61 w/o tires solid.
What camber links are you referring to? The front? They are only reversed as they are the Team Associated ones on the B5. So to off set the camber link to avoid the spring, you need to use them this way. Similar to the stock ones, just the offset on the inner ball cups.

Ah, just saw you mentioned Rear camber links. By reversed you are talking about being connected on the rear side of the hub? The only reason, is I was trying all sorts of positions on the arms, Flipped and different spacers. In the flipped position, the links need to be reversed to limit the bind. But when I put the arms back to the stock position, the links didn't interfere with the springs or binding. So I just kept them.

As for the MM, I haven't needed to go to that setup in search of more traction. And since I didn't get the SE kit, I don't feel like spending the $80+ on it just yet.

Last edited by Azzkikin; 10-12-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Finish asnwer
Old 10-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

I decided I'm going to try MM one more time before switching to Low Grip. Was looking at Tom Yardy's setup and I noticed a few things I want to try.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default MM

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I decided I'm going to try MM one more time before switching to Low Grip. Was looking at Tom Yardy's setup and I noticed a few things I want to try.
Hi Bob, always like reading your thoughts and feedback! I just had my scales calibrated (last numbers posted not correct) and running the ESC in the right rear Protek's 2800 XLW/D4 motor. Balance F/R 38/62 -50/50 side total wt. 1298 grs w/o tires. I also have 40 grs wt L/rear. Plenty of side bit and forward grip excellent attitude off jumps. Don't give up on the MM yet!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Just checking, If my chassis has the holes for the MM, would I only need the Belt (U4796) and Mid Motor Carbon parts (U4797)?

Also running super shorty's, I probably only need the little carbon pieces that tie the tranny to the back shock/diff housing. I'd end up making my own bat hold downs.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Just checking, If my chassis has the holes for the MM, would I only need the Belt (U4796) and Mid Motor Carbon parts (U4797)?

Also running super shorty's, I probably only need the little carbon pieces that tie the tranny to the back shock/diff housing. I'd end up making my own bat hold downs.
yeah I believe so. I don't remember exactly what parts came in that package. I built my kit last year. See if their is a parts list on the website showing exactly what parts are there.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
yeah I believe so. I don't remember exactly what parts came in that package. I built my kit last year. See if their is a parts list on the website showing exactly what parts are there.
Ya, Amain and Racing-Cars shows a good idea of what is needed. But unless they don't sell the pieces individually, I am having a hard time just finding the top deck rear part. You can find all the other versions of the top deck, just not MM one.

I'll just make one. done and done. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.