R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 09-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #961
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikin View Post
Have you guys ever snap the front axle (U4382)? I figured I'd break a plastic part first. It wasn't a bad landing from a jump, just a cart wheel down the straight. Kind of a weird break. Anyway, it seems those parts are rare, I hope it's not a part that breaks a lot, as it was hard to find a replacement for. DiscountRC is the only one that carried it.

Hello ..! I wouldn't say it's 'common' however it can and does happen even with regular bumps and tumbles .. Schumacher is still showing those as out of stock at this moment - they're normally not difficult to get a hold of.. try:

Stormer
eBay

if you need them right away ..

also you can click on the 'email me when back in stock' and you'll receive an email just as soon as we have those back in stock .. Hope it helps ..!

..p

---> Like us on Facebook!
DiscountRCStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #962
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore View Post
Hello ..! I wouldn't say it's 'common' however it can and does happen even with regular bumps and tumbles .. Schumacher is still showing those as out of stock at this moment - they're normally not difficult to get a hold of.. try:

Stormer
eBay

if you need them right away ..

also you can click on the 'email me when back in stock' and you'll receive an email just as soon as we have those back in stock .. Hope it helps ..!

..p
I am good for right now, you guys sent out your last pair, and sent an email stating you'd send out the rest of the order when you got it back in stock. My order was past $50 so I got free shipping. I just hope the rest of the order doesn't get hit with a shipping charge.
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:08 PM   #963
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsK View Post
There is some posts from guys that had MM KFs, surprisingly they had less static rear bias than than a low grip setup.
The increase in rear traction came from motor inertia not weight. Still lacks side bite without weight added
or creative electronics placement.
Here's my fix for the ballast issue just a little carbon plate to attach weight to it attaches off of the rear sway bar screw holes
Attached Thumbnails
New Schumacher KF2-image.jpg  
Old 09-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #964
Tech Adept

And I was able to sneak the speed controller behind the motor mount that combined with a super short seem to help but I still think the lo grip position is more consistent however not quite as fast as mid motor
Attached Thumbnails
Old 09-26-2016, 04:17 AM   #965
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Man there is just something about this car that I like! Expensive but I just like it none the less. How are you doing against the B6's and 3.0 laydowns on the high bite clay and carpet. I have heard that this is the one to beat but not sure!
Turtle Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:24 AM   #966
Tech Adept

It is definitely the one to have on carpet Hi bite clay it's a little finicky I've done the fastest lap times but the consistency is not there yet in my car at my track the losi is very strong and consistent the associated seems to be one of the easiest to drive but when the conditions are right the kf2 is fast!!! You just have to be on top of the tires and prep The set up window is very tight on that car with clay
Old 09-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #967
Tech Regular

Default Rear ESC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrysraceprep View Post
And I was able to sneak the speed controller behind the motor mount that combined with a super short seem to help but I still think the lo grip position is more consistent however not quite as fast as mid motor
Few months ago I changed my ESC location to the right rear and add 40 grams of weight left rear to center of chassis. This made my front/rear balance w/o tires 39/61, 3% more rear weight than my old ESC location (front of battery). Made all the difference in the world. After 10 months of trying every crazy setup to get the buggy just to handle good! in all type of conditions. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner! This is the only way to go. RSX will fit with mods to side guard.

New Schumacher KF2-img_20160929_172352.jpg
MelKF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #968
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelKF2 View Post
Few months ago I changed my ESC location to the right rear and add 40 grams of weight left rear to center of chassis. This made my front/rear balance w/o tires 39/61, 3% more rear weight than my old ESC location (front of battery). Made all the difference in the world. After 10 months of trying every crazy setup to get the buggy just to handle good! in all type of conditions. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner! This is the only way to go. RSX will fit with mods to side guard.

Attachment 1389552
Have you tried the super Shorty yet I was pretty sure it wouldn't work for stock racing but I was wrong even on an eight minute main event it was still faster at the end of the run do you have any cleaner pictures that one is pretty grainy?
Larrysraceprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #969
Tech Adept

Never mind the picture cleaned up right after I posted this LOL try putting the front a arms back to the regular position having them reversed made the car consistent but lacked a lot of speed
Old 10-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #970
Tech Regular

Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrysraceprep View Post
Never mind the picture cleaned up right after I posted this LOL try putting the front a arms back to the regular position having them reversed made the car consistent but lacked a lot of speed
I will try that! The track I run at is tight and technical no need for speed (MHOR) hard packed w/dust. I like the SV2 front arms revered for this type of track because of the inconsistently of grip at times. Do you feel that changing back to forward position will improve corner speed! Thank you for the feed back! And no I haven't tried that type of shorty, using Protek 2800 XLW excellent battery for both my KF2 17.5 and K2 13.5. Power and run times never an issue.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #971
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You guys will also get more corner exit grip with SVR/KR CVD vs the Uni. Also
the KR parts are a little longer letting you run more rear droop.
JsK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:45 PM   #972
Tech Regular

Default Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsK View Post
You guys will also get more corner exit grip with SVR/KR CVD vs the Uni. Also
the KR parts are a little longer letting you run more rear droop.
Excellent advice! Been talking with Phil and he echo's the same advice. Thanks
Old 10-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #973
Tech Adept

Yes absolutely more corner speed with the arms in the standard position something else I figured out just today in testing was raising the inner rear turnbuckle to a 1 mm shim gave the car a lot more side-by-side definitely try hanging your lead weight of the transmission mount as well I did try a standard Shorty again and the car was almost uncontrollable with it had to go back to the super Shorty today
Attached Thumbnails
Old 10-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #974
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelKF2 View Post
Excellent advice! Been talking with Phil and he echo's the same advice. Thanks
I just switched over to those axles today and yes I noticed a difference right away I didn't have a chance to weigh them before I put them in but the car felt quicker for sure and feerer in the corners also this is how I ended up mounting the super Shorty I just used one of the long battery straps that came with the car mounted it at an angle and re-drilled the post
Attached Thumbnails
Old 10-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #975
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you guys are doing all of this to run 17.5 on clay, right? Just checking.

I ran mid motor this past weekend with my car in mod on med grip turf and I didn't like it at all. I'm converting my car over to the low grip position as well as starting over on setup.