R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

6.5
7.5
8.5
9.5
10.5
13.5
17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!


MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #946
Tech Elite
 
the big rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: portland
Posts: 2,102
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

After an experiment with the B6, I am back to the KF2. Got tired of trying to chase them down in the corners and having to brake to make the same turns as the KF2 at full speed.
the big rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #947
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldernoob View Post
Thing is, it seems to me that the KB5M is trying to get weight forwards and low with the lowrider gearbox and we're trying to go the opposite direction and push more weight backwards!

I'd have thought that we are in a better place, as we can move out configuration around to suit but there must be a sweet spot. Are we about there with the Mid conversion?
Stolen from the B6 forum...
"Finished my B6D build! Everything went great, no missing parts!
Used the Brass stuff and some weight do match it my B5M FL setup for our loose clay track.

Maybe interesting:
B5m FL:
F 550g
R 1046g
(34/66%) and overall of 1596g

B6D
F 566g
R 983g
(37/63%) and overall of 1549g

Both cars shared the same electronics on the scale (HW V3.1, Savox 1257TG, 4200 Shorty and HW Fleta ZX 7.5T)

The numbers let me think of quite a loose rear"

No idea what the Straight up B6 (not D) is.
oldernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #948
JsK
Tech Master
 
JsK's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: S.Oregon
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldernoob View Post
Stolen from the B6 forum...
"Finished my B6D build! Everything went great, no missing parts!
Used the Brass stuff and some weight do match it my B5M FL setup for our loose clay track.

Maybe interesting:
B5m FL:
F 550g
R 1046g
(34/66%) and overall of 1596g

B6D
F 566g
R 983g
(37/63%) and overall of 1549g

Both cars shared the same electronics on the scale (HW V3.1, Savox 1257TG, 4200 Shorty and HW Fleta ZX 7.5T)

The numbers let me think of quite a loose rear"

No idea what the Straight up B6 (not D) is.
There is some posts from guys that had MM KFs, surprisingly they had less static rear bias than than a low grip setup.
The increase in rear traction came from motor inertia not weight. Still lacks side bite without weight added
or creative electronics placement.

Last edited by JsK; 09-07-2016 at 07:05 PM.
JsK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #949
Tech Regular
 
Jpdanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: TRCR
Posts: 386
Default

It seems that anyone using the B6D indoors is using it with the laydown tranny which would yield different weight distribution numbers. IIRC, the numbers for the MM kit put the weight distro somewhere in the 59 to 60% rearward bias zone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the significance of the MM wasn't only that it moved weight to the rear, but that it moved the motor far enough rearward so that it's turning force has more of an effect on the chassis creating more traction.
__________________
I buy RC cars for my kids like a man buys a bowling ball with his name on it for his wife.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:38 PM   #950
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
At the moment I'm planning on running my SV2 on clay this winter and my KF2 on turf and carpet. My 'proposed' race schedule would be carpet Sat, Clay Sun. So that means I would constantly be making big changes.

If for some reason my SV2 doesn't work for me, I'll likely just get another KF2.

If I ran 10th scale all year around, it would be easy. I'd have 3 cars. One turf. One clay. One to build for 17.5 for either surface. But I only get maybe 4-5 months a year to run 10th scale
You didn't need an SV2 for Bumps. YourKf2 SE had plenty of rear traction and if you just go to a 10.5 or 9.5 you won't over power the track and have plenty of speed and traction. Lets face it B6 or not the fastest guys at are track are what they are and us having a B6 wouldn't help us but since you KF2 SE worked I think you would be fine with it here at Bumps.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #951
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,331
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
You didn't need an SV2 for Bumps. YourKf2 SE had plenty of rear traction and if you just go to a 10.5 or 9.5 you won't over power the track and have plenty of speed and traction. Lets face it B6 or not the fastest guys at are track are what they are and us having a B6 wouldn't help us but since you KF2 SE worked I think you would be fine with it here at Bumps.
not disagreeing with you on that one except that I wanted 2 separate cars. One for turf and one for clay. The SV2 sorta fell into my lap with a deal that I couldn't pass up.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #952
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,331
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I can tell you guys from first hand experience that I ran the KF2 SE in MM setup with the KIT SETUP on there and was able to be competitive on a medium grip clay surface. I switched from a B5M FL and it didn't have the insane forward bite that the AE car had, BUT I had WAY more corner speed.

Once you guys figure out that running on clay is 99% tires, the rest doesn't matter. In fact we had a guy come out with a Traxxas Bandit (I think that's the buggy) and he won the 17.5 class. His tires were perfect and because of that, he destroyed the field with a 'TOY' car that was severely out dated and out classed tech wise.

Anyway it's nothing that you guys haven't heard before, and bottom line is that this car may not be the right choice for you. Just wanted to make sure that you understand that racing 2wd buggy is 90% tires, and racing clay 2wd buggy is 99%!
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #953
Tech Regular
 
DiscountRCStore's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Niles, Mi.
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
I can tell you guys from first hand experience that I ran the KF2 SE in MM setup with the KIT SETUP on there and was able to be competitive on a medium grip clay surface. I switched from a B5M FL and it didn't have the insane forward bite that the AE car had, BUT I had WAY more corner speed.

Once you guys figure out that running on clay is 99% tires, the rest doesn't matter. In fact we had a guy come out with a Traxxas Bandit (I think that's the buggy) and he won the 17.5 class. His tires were perfect and because of that, he destroyed the field with a 'TOY' car that was severely out dated and out classed tech wise.

Anyway it's nothing that you guys haven't heard before, and bottom line is that this car may not be the right choice for you. Just wanted to make sure that you understand that racing 2wd buggy is 90% tires, and racing clay 2wd buggy is 99%!
+1


..p
__________________
www.discountRCstore.com - Free shipping over $50 storewide

---> Like us on Facebook!
DiscountRCStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #954
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Pueblo, Co
Posts: 285
Default Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
I can tell you guys from first hand experience that I ran the KF2 SE in MM setup with the KIT SETUP on there and was able to be competitive on a medium grip clay surface. I switched from a B5M FL and it didn't have the insane forward bite that the AE car had, BUT I had WAY more corner speed.

Once you guys figure out that running on clay is 99% tires, the rest doesn't matter. In fact we had a guy come out with a Traxxas Bandit (I think that's the buggy) and he won the 17.5 class. His tires were perfect and because of that, he destroyed the field with a 'TOY' car that was severely out dated and out classed tech wise.

Anyway it's nothing that you guys haven't heard before, and bottom line is that this car may not be the right choice for you. Just wanted to make sure that you understand that racing 2wd buggy is 90% tires, and racing clay 2wd buggy is 99%!

So true sir!
MelKF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:47 AM   #955
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 159
Default front wing for KF2

hi, I just got on my hands KF2 SE... getting ready for the first practice and I`m curious if there is any front wing aviliable at market for KF2`s?
I don`t know if its necesessary, but those cars with front wing looks nice
hardijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #956
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
I can tell you guys from first hand experience that I ran the KF2 SE in MM setup with the KIT SETUP on there and was able to be competitive on a medium grip clay surface. I switched from a B5M FL and it didn't have the insane forward bite that the AE car had, BUT I had WAY more corner speed.

Once you guys figure out that running on clay is 99% tires, the rest doesn't matter. In fact we had a guy come out with a Traxxas Bandit (I think that's the buggy) and he won the 17.5 class. His tires were perfect and because of that, he destroyed the field with a 'TOY' car that was severely out dated and out classed tech wise.

Anyway it's nothing that you guys haven't heard before, and bottom line is that this car may not be the right choice for you. Just wanted to make sure that you understand that racing 2wd buggy is 90% tires, and racing clay 2wd buggy is 99%!
True story as I was at my home track and watched the Traxxas lay it down. It wasn't even a nice looking one that was decked out. His car was't the fastest but it looked like a slot car on the track. It was awesome to see. Now not like he could win every week but this one day was the day when everything was perfect for his car and Boom!!!!!!!!! he laid it on them.

Bob's car works very well on are medium traction clay track. He isn't winning/loosing because of his car because hell even I want his car. Not saying it works perfect for him everywhere but at least from what I saw it is a very cool car. Might be the trickest car made from any company out right now but if not it is at the top.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #957
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,331
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
True story as I was at my home track and watched the Traxxas lay it down. It wasn't even a nice looking one that was decked out. His car was't the fastest but it looked like a slot car on the track. It was awesome to see. Now not like he could win every week but this one day was the day when everything was perfect for his car and Boom!!!!!!!!! he laid it on them.

Bob's car works very well on are medium traction clay track. He isn't winning/loosing because of his car because hell even I want his car. Not saying it works perfect for him everywhere but at least from what I saw it is a very cool car. Might be the trickest car made from any company out right now but if not it is at the top.
You have to also remember that when I ran my car there, I had a total of 5 packs through it and all 5 were on turf. If my tires weren't perfect (notice a pattern here? ) I would have been all over.

I've still only got maybe 6 race days on the car just because of it being time for 8th scale... I expect that it will just get better and better
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #958
Tech Elite
 
PsycoB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,507
Trader Rating: 41 (96%+)
Default

any1 have one forsale?
__________________
PsyCo_Chris
WWW.FinalTechniqueCustoModz.Com
Custom Metal Fabrications // LED Lighting // Jeep Specialist
PsycoB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #959
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
You have to also remember that when I ran my car there, I had a total of 5 packs through it and all 5 were on turf. If my tires weren't perfect (notice a pattern here? ) I would have been all over.

I've still only got maybe 6 race days on the car just because of it being time for 8th scale... I expect that it will just get better and better
Yeah that is true you didn't have any time on the car. Yeah once 1/8th is over I expect your car to get better that is for sure.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:13 AM   #960
Tech Adept
 
Azzkikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 178
Default

Have you guys ever snap the front axle (U4382)? I figured I'd break a plastic part first. It wasn't a bad landing from a jump, just a cart wheel down the straight. Kind of a weird break. Anyway, it seems those parts are rare, I hope it's not a part that breaks a lot, as it was hard to find a replacement for. DiscountRC is the only one that carried it.
Azzkikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net