Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Never!
Ok
Old 08-29-2016, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Azzkikin
Ok
Yeah it fits fine, just wondering if you have the HRC spacer reversed? It should over hang at the back a bit, if you have it the other way it could be blocking the guard from sitting properly on the chassis.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:39 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is the strap on upside down ?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ian.joyner
Yeah it fits fine, just wondering if you have the HRC spacer reversed? It should over hang at the back a bit, if you have it the other way it could be blocking the guard from sitting properly on the chassis.
I don't have the instructions with me, but I thought it said to put the kit spacers under the caster spacers. If I am wrong, then that is where the problem is.

It's also not the HRC kit spacer that was rubbing. It was the rear caster spacer that was. I bet if I reversed the order and had the caster spacer under the HRC spacer, I'd have no problem. I know in the front the HRC spacer is supposed to be on bottom.

At any rate, I have shaved down the dust shield and it clears now. Did not effect how the shield works either. And if flipping the spacers is the answer and even more clearance.

I just realized that the read hinge pin mount is whats being raised, so spacer orientation has nothing to do with anything. It's the hinge pin mount that is applying pressure on the dust cover pushing it ever so slightly into the pulley.

Last edited by Azzkikin; 08-29-2016 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Under weight

What weight are you guys coming in at? I'm at 1486. The only thing I can think I am missing is the timing chip.
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-20160828_102058.jpg   New Schumacher KF2-20160828_170303.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So you're running the HRC kit on clay with treads? I'm curious to know how this works out for you because I would think this would remove a lot of grip. I also haven't seen anyone run anything other than Mid Motor position when trying to run on clay. I'm currently in MM position but I'm going to move to low grip. And my car is very heavy. last time I checked was last year with different electronics and it was around 1650. That was out of the box with the Pulse V2 esc (which was huge) and MM configuration.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I've yet to try it with the HRC kit. So we shall see come Friday. I currently don't have the MM kit, so LG is what i have to play with so far. I can't see spending $90+ on a belt and a few braces. I have the CF with the 3 positions already.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default HRC/Weight

Well, I've yet to try it with the HRC kit. So we shall see come Friday. I currently don't have the MM kit, so LG is what i have to play with so far. I can't see spending $90+ on a belt and a few braces. I have the CF with the 3 positions already.
HRC setup I found on clay did not work well! Bob's right on that. My buggy weight's around 1499-1502 grs. MM conversion set up now. Have tit and aluminum screws, C/F chassis RCM lockout, small bore shocks. New Schumacher KF2-img_20160807_190425.jpg
Old 08-30-2016, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

HRC setup I found on clay did not work well! Bob's right on that. My buggy weight's around 1499-1502 grs. MM conversion set up now. Have tit and aluminum screws, C/F chassis RCM lockout, small bore shocks. Attachment 1383949
Where are you guys finding these lockouts? I have looked everywhere, RCM doesn't mention it on their site either.

Is the small bore shocks just for weight savings or are there more tuning options available?
Old 08-30-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

I bought the KF2SE so my car came with the MM kit. For clay I would start with Orlowski's Reedy Race setup from earlier this year and work off it.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

HRC setup I found on clay did not work well! Bob's right on that. My buggy weight's around 1499-1502 grs. MM conversion set up now. Have tit and aluminum screws, C/F chassis RCM lockout, small bore shocks. Attachment 1383949
If I do make a 17.5 car, I'll have to grab that chassis, lockout and pucks. I'm trying to avoid running 17.5 tbh
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't have the instructions with me, but I thought it said to put the kit spacers under the caster spacers. If I am wrong, then that is where the problem is.

It's also not the HRC kit spacer that was rubbing. It was the rear caster spacer that was. I bet if I reversed the order and had the caster spacer under the HRC spacer, I'd have no problem. I know in the front the HRC spacer is supposed to be on bottom.

At any rate, I have shaved down the dust shield and it clears now. Did not effect how the shield works either. And if flipping the spacers is the answer and even more clearance.

I just realized that the read hinge pin mount is whats being raised, so spacer orientation has nothing to do with anything. It's the hinge pin mount that is applying pressure on the dust cover pushing it ever so slightly into the pulley.
Only time I've seen the shield rub is when I hadn't located the little pin at the bottom of the shield into the hole in the chassis, so it sits up high. Could it be that?
Old 08-30-2016, 08:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
If I do make a 17.5 car, I'll have to grab that chassis, lockout and pucks. I'm trying to avoid running 17.5 tbh
You just have to have a stock and mod car. I'm trying to get a stock at least that way I can run both at Bumps or where ever I go if they offer both classes. Normally I like one class but sometimes I will run a 2nd if I have enough time.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
You just have to have a stock and mod car. I'm trying to get a stock at least that way I can run both at Bumps or where ever I go if they offer both classes. Normally I like one class but sometimes I will run a 2nd if I have enough time.
I must be the only guy to run 17.5, get accused of cheating, be told that I'm making it not fun, and still never actually be on the podium... even at a club race

Although it was fun as hell to make half the mod field mad running 17.5 in mod and still finishing mid pack
Old 08-30-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Probably just me, but I just don't get the 17.5 thing at all. It seems like it 'should' be the most inexpensive class, yet actually costs more-way more. Why not run mod and have done with it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.