R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #886
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajpan View Post
Orlowski and Pinisch was drivning prototypes. But Greg Williams car looked very good to and ha was driving the KF2 se.
Thanks Tajpan for posting this close up shot of Orlowski's car. The most interesting thing about it to me is the gearbox / bulkhead. It appears to be a molded part judging by the contours and detail. I guess it could be a 3D print. But either way, a part like that, especially if molded is a sign they have invested in the design to the point they intend to mass produce it so I am guessing we will see it in a kit soon.

Will it be KF3? SV3? Something else? Looking forward....
motorcitymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #887
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymatt View Post
Thanks Tajpan for posting this close up shot of Orlowski's car. The most interesting thing about it to me is the gearbox / bulkhead. It appears to be a molded part judging by the contours and detail. I guess it could be a 3D print. But either way, a part like that, especially if molded is a sign they have invested in the design to the point they intend to mass produce it so I am guessing we will see it in a kit soon.

Will it be KF3? SV3? Something else? Looking forward....
They should release a new kit for dirt, with this new gearbox and ball diff.
I noticed the shocks don't need to be mounted rearwards too.
leongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #888
Tech Regular

You don't find this a bit ironic? The KF/2 has been a "laydown" style car for years and just recently the B6 and 22 3.0 are gaining popularity in laydown configs. Meanwhile, the idea of Schu releasing a stand up tranny has us excited.

I thought it was odd there were no chassis focus images of Orlowski's car when he was using the prototype.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #889
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpdanger View Post
You don't find this a bit ironic? The KF/2 has been a "laydown" style car for years and just recently the B6 and 22 3.0 are gaining popularity in laydown configs. Meanwhile, the idea of Schu releasing a stand up tranny has us excited.

I thought it was odd there were no chassis focus images of Orlowski's car when he was using the prototype.
The original KF is directly responsible for the current generation of cars all shifting to Laydowns. When it came out, it transformed B main drivers into podium contenders. Yokomo was the first to see this. Others copied soon after.

As far as what the boys in the shop have planned....I honestly haven't been given any more detail than what you have. If I had to guess, I would think this car, IF PRODUCED, would be more along the lines of a KF3. Something to allow for lower grip and to make the car more of a threat outside. Remember development this year leads to worlds for next year, which if I heard correctly are outside on dirt.

Anyway, it's always fun to sit back and speculate and guess. Just remember, that's all we're doing
Old 08-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #890
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
The original KF is directly responsible for the current generation of cars all shifting to Laydowns. When it came out, it transformed B main drivers into podium contenders. Yokomo was the first to see this. Others copied soon after.

As far as what the boys in the shop have planned....I honestly haven't been given any more detail than what you have. If I had to guess, I would think this car, IF PRODUCED, would be more along the lines of a KF3. Something to allow for lower grip and to make the car more of a threat outside. Remember development this year leads to worlds for next year, which if I heard correctly are outside on dirt.

Anyway, it's always fun to sit back and speculate and guess. Just remember, that's all we're doing
Agreed Bob, its fun to speculate. And I'm guessing you might be right, this could be a direct focus on a competitive worlds car, if what you say is true about the surface/track.

The back end of the car in the picture looks very much like that of the B5M. (Rear mounted shocks on the front of the shock tower with a vertically flat rear bulkhead). As you pointed out, Schumacher seems to have industry leading ideas that seem to influence or even set trends. I am hoping that whatever we see here is not just a "me too" design but actually does contribute some original thinking and innovation.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #891
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymatt View Post
Agreed Bob, its fun to speculate. And I'm guessing you might be right, this could be a direct focus on a competitive worlds car, if what you say is true about the surface/track.

The back end of the car in the picture looks very much like that of the B5M. (Rear mounted shocks on the front of the shock tower with a vertically flat rear bulkhead). As you pointed out, Schumacher seems to have industry leading ideas that seem to influence or even set trends. I am hoping that whatever we see here is not just a "me too" design but actually does contribute some original thinking and innovation.
Trust me, there will be nothing 'me too' in there. The process to release a new car takes many different routes. It's always cheaper to modify another existing part to do your testing and then go back and make your own version.

I'm excited to see what the boys come up with, even if it's never released
Old 08-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #892
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default KF2D?

Could there be a KF2D in the work's? I really do not think that Schumacher is ready for a KF3 yet! The KF2 platform is so new still. But we shall see!
MelKF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #893
Tech Addict

An invite to my KF2se Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Schumacher-...=page_internal
Old 08-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #894
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
An invite to my KF2se Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Schumacher-...=page_internal
Thanks for putting this together. I don't have an FB account but I'll be checking in from time to time anyway.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #895
Tech Regular

What o-rings are people using to rebuild the shocks?

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:20 AM   #896
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Stock Schumacher o rings.
maizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #897
Tech Initiate

Can't seem to find this info anywhere. When running this car with a shorty battery, where does the bottom half of the belt get routed? Does running the car like this bind up the driveline more than if you ran it with saddles? I tried to find a parts blow-up or a manual for the SE and just am not finding clear enough pictures on google.

Thanks in advance
Kidspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:05 PM   #898
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidspeed View Post
Can't seem to find this info anywhere. When running this car with a shorty battery, where does the bottom half of the belt get routed? Does running the car like this bind up the driveline more than if you ran it with saddles? I tried to find a parts blow-up or a manual for the SE and just am not finding clear enough pictures on google.

Thanks in advance
The shorty conversion comes with the installation instructions, it adds a second roller in the rear to clear the battery,
Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 PM   #899
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizer View Post
The shorty conversion comes with the installation instructions, it adds a second roller in the rear to clear the battery,
Thank you so much, exactly what I wanted to know!
Kidspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #900
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidspeed View Post
Thank you so much, exactly what I wanted to know!
Your welcome😃