R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Like Tree5Likes

Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #586
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Are you rolling the car while checking ride height? Scrub can give you different heights if your pushing straight down without allowing the scrub to be absorbed...
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:15 PM   #587
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Are you rolling the car while checking ride height? Scrub can give you different heights if your pushing straight down without allowing the scrub to be absorbed...
I drop the car from about nine inches and then measure the RH. Are you suggesting I drop/throw the car so that it rolls a bit after dropping?

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #588
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I'm only saying it can change the rh. When we run slicks alot and sauce they can get real sticky and it's tough to nail actual rh on my glass setup board... you might be experiencing something similar.
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #589
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpdanger View Post
I checked and cleaned everything and nothing is bent or binding in the arms, links, and pins. The shocks have been cleaned and rings replaced. The shafts don't appear to be bent. I've even tried the shocks with sealed, emulsion, and also vented caps, but I still have the "settling" issue. I build the shocks with zero rebound using AE oil.

I'm starting to think that it could be the springs. If I rotate the springs around the shock without turning the collar or the perch, the RH can change by as much as 1.5mm. I'm using Core RC springs. Essentially, disturbing the shock at all has an effect on the RH.

Frustrated...
Have you been checking your rebound? If there not equal this could be effecting your RH issue's!
MelKF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #590
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger5 View Post
Wish we could get those body shells in the UK. Really love the old school design,reminds me of the Topcat and original Cougar.
Well I am in the U.K. right now and I have one in my suitcase....
I am planning on a trip to MB Models to see if he's interested.
Otherwise, PM me if interested ;-)
UNSTABLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #591
Tech Regular

Have you thought about designing different body styles in a more modern design? There's zero after market body options available for the KF2 that I am aware of.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Old 09-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #592
Tech Adept

Quote:
Have you thought about designing different body styles in a more modern design? There's zero after market body options available for the KF2 that I am aware of.
Maybe. I need to finish my KR body first. These are all hand made bucks and take a lot of work. I will have a think on it. I need to sell a few of my existing ones before I get into ones I wouldn't run myself.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #593
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSTABLE View Post
I need to sell a few of my existing ones before I get into ones I wouldn't run myself.
Does the KR fit the KF2?

What other designs do you have available?

Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #594
Tech Adept

Quote:
Does the KR fit the KF2?

What other designs do you have available?
No, KR is very different chassis shape. My body for that is based on the original CAT. Otherwise I do one for the K1/Aero, but I am updating that one too.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:48 AM   #595
Tech Adept

Quote:
Why remove the two spider gears?
The idea is to remove some of the on-throttle sensitivity that the gear diff has vs the ball diff. This is what makes it feel like the car is over-rotating out of a corner. I am not sure about what removing the two gears will do in terms of durability in the long term, but mine is living behind a 17.5 so I am not too concerned.

With the testing I have done recently my average times and hot laps are about the same with both the gear diff and the ball diff. The car feels pretty similar with both using 6k minus two spider gears. I will try to run back to back gear diffs one with and without the two spider gears to really confirm what I think I am feeling with it set up this way.
motorcitymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #596
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

"NEW - Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)" Can anyone explain this? I can't find any photos of the motor "forward" vs "rearward".
Airlmeier4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422 View Post
"NEW - Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)" Can anyone explain this? I can't find any photos of the motor "forward" vs "rearward".
Basically, the kit come with the parts to build it with the motor in the original position (like the original KF) or you can build it in the low grip configuration that moves the motor and trans assembly back 21mm.

When built in the original config, you can use a saddle pack battery, but if you build it in the low grip config, you need to use a shorty. The kit comes with all the parts to build it in either configuration.
Schumacher KF2 / VTX 10R & MMR 17.5
Schumacher K2 / MMax Pro & MMR Team Edition 13.5 /// Airtronics MT-4
Riverbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbluff View Post
Basically, the kit come with the parts to build it with the motor in the original position (like the original KF) or you can build it in the low grip configuration that moves the motor and trans assembly back 21mm.

When built in the original config, you can use a saddle pack battery, but if you build it in the low grip config, you need to use a shorty. The kit comes with all the parts to build it in either configuration.
Thanks Riverbluff. Does any one know if the rear config will work with a track that has slight loam and med grip? Basically looking for a new buggy that can run outdoors and indoors..
Old 10-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #599
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422 View Post
Thanks Riverbluff. Does any one know if the rear config will work with a track that has slight loam and med grip? Basically looking for a new buggy that can run outdoors and indoors..
The KR is better for a Loamy track.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Does the KR do mid motor also?