Wiki Posts
Search

Proline Pro2 SCT indoor carpet setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Proline Pro2 SCT indoor carpet setup

Hi,

Me and my buddy have built up some Pro-line pro2 short course's over Christmas.

We built them up for our local 1/10 dirt track and indoor off-road track. We have only run them at the indoor off road track cos' the outdoor season hasn't started yet and we don't want to get them dirty . They will get dirty one day just not today

We are racing with fellow sct mainly Losi's. we are putting down consistent lap times of 24-25 seconds, but our competitors are putting down 21-22 second laps. They seem to SMASH us on the sweeping corners into and out of the main straight. They seem to handle like they are on rails on those particular corners while we keep rolling over if we come into the corner as hot as they do. in the tight stuff we are evenly matched.

I have a slash 4x4 with a LCG chassis that I can drive so much faster around the track and am a little frustrated I cant dial in the Pro2. I have attached a setup sheet with my current set up. I have it running low to increase unsprung weight to keep it from rolling but no luck. I've swapped out the ProSepc springs to put in shorter Powerstroke spring (without the secondary spring).

The surface is very smooth as its carpet over asphalt with a few ski jumps and doubles thrown in. I am thinking thicker shock oil and reduce camber and camber gain? any thoughts?????

I have asked the losi22 guys but they are reluctant of sharing there set ups
Attached Thumbnails Proline Pro2 SCT indoor carpet setup-27percent.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 07:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...faqs-info.html
Old 01-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi yep I've read the thread start to finish and nothing specific on carpet, I've also posted on that thread.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sway bars are probably going to be the key to getting the trucks working correctly. If you lower the ride height it does lower the center of gravity, but because you didn't limit the droop as your truck rolls through the corner it is able to transfer a bunch of weight, causing your traction rolls. You could add a bunch of spacers inside the shocks, but a limited amount of travel will make the truck jump like crap.

Unsprung weight refers to the parts not supported by the springs (wheels, tires, hubs, a arms ect). If you don't know what something means, please refrain from using the terminology.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Sway bars are probably going to be the key to getting the trucks working correctly. If you lower the ride height it does lower the center of gravity, but because you didn't limit the droop as your truck rolls through the corner it is able to transfer a bunch of weight, causing your traction rolls. You could add a bunch of spacers inside the shocks, but a limited amount of travel will make the truck jump like crap.

Unsprung weight refers to the parts not supported by the springs (wheels, tires, hubs, a arms ect). If you don't know what something means, please refrain from using the terminology.
Thank you for your valuable input. I assume you didn't look at the setup sheet. I have 10mm (internal) droop spacers in the front and 0mm in the rear as the setup position of the rear tie rods limits the droop mechanically.

If you can't be bothered to look at all the facts please refrain from posting a reply.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Suspended

You still need sway bars.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello mate, a couple of us in the UK run these trucks on high grip asphalt tracks, we find setting the front camber links on the bottom of the shock tower, the rears on the top hole of the shock tower and making the linkages as long as you can really helps, could also try dialling in more camber to the front wheels, but persevere, these trucks are bloody great.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dodger
Hello mate, a couple of us in the UK run these trucks on high grip asphalt tracks, we find setting the front camber links on the bottom of the shock tower, the rears on the top hole of the shock tower and making the linkages as long as you can really helps, could also try dialling in more camber to the front wheels, but persevere, these trucks are bloody great.
Thanks for the suggestions I'll give it a go.
Just to double check more negative camber on the front?
Old 01-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

You still need sway bars.
Currently there are no sway bars on the market for the pro2. Some guys have had limited success modifying HBR sway bars to fit. Pro-line are currently developing sway bars for the truck.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Suspended

The Pro2 is essentially a gussied up Slash 2wd. There are many sway bar kits available that could probably be adapted quite easily. I myself have always just built my own sway bar setups for any car that I felt needed one, as it is very easy to fabricate something so simple.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Pro2 is essentially a gussied up Slash 2wd. There are many sway bar kits available that could probably be adapted quite easily. I myself have always just built my own sway bar setups for any car that I felt needed one, as it is very easy to fabricate something so simple.
Yeh I'll look into it, I've just found out PL have released a sway bar kit 2 days ago, no I have to just wait for stock
Old 01-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by osavage1
Yeh I'll look into it, I've just found out PL have released a sway bar kit 2 days ago, no I have to just wait for stock
PL have stock.....yeh boi