Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas stampede vxl ........ lipo ready.....non lipo ready

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deezdrama
Ive been trying to stay away from exceed,redcat etc....

but stumbled across the 1/6 scale redcat shredder series for $250 minus batteries.
Ive read nothing but good about them,squidrc has a vid where he jumped them off roofs and couldnt break them. Brushless 4wd 1/6 for $250.
Only complaint ive read is a brittle body but could line the inside with aluminum ducting tape.
I dont like the low profile tires either but looks like any 17mm hex tire should fit.

anyone have experience with these?
its either this or the blitz i think.
I got no idea on the RedCat. More than likely has next to no aftermarket support and not sure how easy it is to get standard parts. Going by the size I would say it would also run 4S/2 x 2S batteries which is another thing to consider.

Is your limit $300? You can pickup new the AE RC10RS Brushless for that price. Or even continue looking at 2nd hand ones.

AMain - 2wd Short Course RTR.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bash bros
Just my $0.02 but I think you'll have more fun with a 4x4, especially being a MT you'll appreciate the extra traction when you're zipping through grass and bumpier terrain. However, with the right tires a 2wd can still be pretty capable and it will make you a better driver.

I started out with a 4wd, and when I got my first 2wd I really had to back up and learn how to use a little more throttle control and finesse with the steering and throttle all around.

If you want to get it for the cheapest amount possible I'd highly recommend getting it from Tower and joining the super saver club. It's $9.95 for one year but it will end up paying for itself. You get free shipping on orders over 99 bucks, plus they send you coupon codes that are usually an extra 5 or 6% off compared to the standard coupon codes. I just looked and it would be $379 for the Stampede 4x4 VXL with the membership which is a lot cheaper than you'll find on ebay most likely.
I would get the Exceed mad beast. Electric. I have one. 385 to my door from amazon. Came with 2 2 cell lipos.and it preforms very well. I have been brutal to it and all I've killed is the body. Ran in snow sleet you name it
Old 02-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

A guy at work has a fresh built 2wd slash with new vxl body and a losi 4000 brushless motor installed for $300

would this be a good deal? Anything to consider?
I wouldn't pay that. I have a 2wd slash with 120a esc and 4000kv 4 pole I'd let go for 175 completely rtr
Old 02-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Blue Rob MacCachren Body like new
New Traxxas Radio and receiver
VXL ESC
Losi 4800 Brushless motor.
Rebuilt Tranny and Shocks.
No Battery or Charger.

said he would take $275

Said he only drove it once since he upgraded it to brushless to test everything was working.
pictures look nice.
Got one for 175 with 7 cell nimh and charger