Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course Buggy or Stadium Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devin
... HPI is questionable if they will be around as a company. ...
What makes you think that? Do you think Tessman and Ronnefalk (especially Ronnefalk as he left big players, Kyosho) and loads of other resignings/new signings would be with HB (part of HPI) if they were on their way out? It's smoking over there! HPI Sprint is still huge for the CS drift scene.

Truggy1973 - are you dead cert on getting RTR? I just bought an RTR for a friend and he's constantly going, wish I bought the kit. Why? Because instead of having to ask me how to change/fix things, he could have this knowledge if he built it himself. It's Winter. It's a little cold out. Time could be better spent building the car with your wife so you both know the ins/outs of the car and then hitting the park with it. Much more satisfaction in running something you've put together
Old 01-15-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
What makes you think that? Do you think Tessman and Ronnefalk (especially Ronnefalk as he left big players, Kyosho) and loads of other resignings/new signings would be with HB (part of HPI) if they were on their way out? It's smoking over there! HPI Sprint is still huge for the CS drift scene.
)
HPI has changed distributors, had huge layoffs and a ton of parts went un-orderable from the LHS. They seem to be having financial troubles, or are undergoing changes that are making parts avalability poor this summer. Either way not a good sign. I don't own one but guys at the track were complaining about this.

I always thought HB was a semi-separate thing, since the HB guys had no complaints about parts... but I never saw any of them break either.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by truggy1973
Just two clips total holding the body on? As in two pins? Or two lower clips and four post pins?
Just 2 regular old body posts . The bottom of the body sits in a recess in the nerf bars , and the top sits on two posts. Takes 2 clips to take it off ...
Old 01-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How is the XXX-SCB body a pain? itd got two clips in the front, two clips in the back??
Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Devin
HPI has changed distributors, had huge layoffs and a ton of parts went un-orderable from the LHS. They seem to be having financial troubles, or are undergoing changes that are making parts avalability poor this summer. Either way not a good sign. I don't own one but guys at the track were complaining about this.

I always thought HB was a semi-separate thing, since the HB guys had no complaints about parts... but I never saw any of them break either.
You get restructuring and lay offs at companies as they undergo changes due to life-cycle of management. Where I work, we've cut over 16,000 employees and undergone nearly 3 billion USD of cost saving. We're not in trouble ... we're just cutting off all the crap.

HB have had parts issues ... talk about availability of D413 and the spares for it? How about Durango? Parts issues ... heck I have Losi parts issues in my part of the world!

Its just growing pains. HPI has been around for a long time and will be here for a long time to come. Some old crap had to be cut off and new blood is reinvigorating the company (Tessman, Deguzman etc ...). Can't expect a company to be running 100% smoothly when it's in a transition period. Excited to see what HPI has coming up in the next few years!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know off hand if the Firestorm Flux comes with aluminum shocks? I can't tell.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by truggy1973
Does anyone know off hand if the Firestorm Flux comes with aluminum shocks? I can't tell.
They look plastic and don't seem to sell that they're aluminium if they are indeed aluminium ... would be a relatively safe bet to say they're plastic
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The body on the xxx-scb isn't a pain, and as far as durability, associated crap doesn't hold a candle to the losi. If this is going to be your first Rc purchase, get an rtr, The losi comes with a decent radio and is brushless. Buying a kit will just get confusing about what gear to run in it and will just lead to extra cost and frustration. I've built many cars over the years, everything from Durango to axial and was always disappointed with the associated kits (my yokomo was the nicest) but have always went back to losi (tlr). We are all on here to give opinions, so just go with what you think you will have the most fun with. Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I found a 2 wheel truck recently. I am not into 2 wheels but it was priced very well so I thought why not give it a try http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-cars/...ed-lights.html they have it on for $159 and there is a Brushless version for around $219. I bought the cheaper one. Will soon try to post a review video. Its pretty easy to work on as its almost hasn't got any E Clips. And as you pointed out its like a gift for your wife I would advise you to go for this one.