Wiki Posts
Search

22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2

Guys I know this is a debated topic but im looking for some advice on a 1/10 scale buggy. Im just looking for insight on which setup to run MM on, and which is your favorite. I have typically been a Losi guy but Im open to whatever. The LHS carry TLR, and AE parts. Durango is not a kit that has many hobby shops around me carry parts for.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

I know most guys will tell you to go with the B5 just because your hobby shop carrys the parts . But here is the thing most of the 1/10 2wd buggys rarely break unlike years ago .

Ive drove the B5M once not the B5 but the B5M to me felt so loose on exit and a heavy feel . The DEX210V2 buggy ive been running with a Shorty pack feels like a lighter buggy on the track lots of steering/turn in and jumps good with the MM4 at least not sure about the RM3 or RM4 . Not to mention out of the box you can do many motor setups MM4, MM3, RM3, RM4 .

Setup wise honestly its basic tuning you can do with it but the stock setup isn't bad . Parts wise there is more than one online shop that carrys the parts in stock most of the time.

I have more than a few spare parts and have yet to use them accept the plastic Front rear suspension block which it took a while to have it snap. But the buggy is strong as anything !

The 22 i never driven one the only thing i hear about them is the lack of forward grip out of the box and needing brass suspension blocks to get enough .

Hey being a guy driving something different is cool if you ask me.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The B5 is the best out of the box of the three and the easiest to work on.

If the 22 doesn't work for you you could end up spending another $100 or more on brass and aluminum parts you'll have to buy to try different team set ups before you find one that works.

There are 3X the parts and screws on the back of the Dex vs the B5 or 22. I dumped mine because I hated working on it that much. The Dex specific wheel hubs and offsets can also be frustrating at times.

All three have remarkable durability with the 22 being the best in that regard.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Prophet

I agree if you had a buggy before and already had the tires mounted on 12mm hexes but if not its not that big of a deal with the 14mm . You can use the B4.1 Rear hexs or if you want to use the Evo tires just get the conversion kit its cheap. If you want to do a hex conversion for the Front end all you need to do is get the Kyosho RB5 axles or the B5 axles for the Front.

If you want to keep the stock Front hubs and use Evo tires all you need is the conversion kit.

The only thing that is a pain on the Dex210V2 is getting to the transmission that takes a little while other than that its not that hard to work on to me.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

If you are considering TD, you really should add Serpent to the list. Join the Facebook group for Serpent. Really love the community there. If Serpent lets me down, I'm either going AE or Losi. The Serpent buggy is pretty damn race ready out of the box

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Parts wise there is more than one online shop that carrys the parts in stock most of the time.

I was hoping the grassroots program would do more for TD but I think you need absolute blind faith to stick with TD or be sponsored by them.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by shagino
If you are considering TD, you really should add Serpent to the list. Join the Facebook group for Serpent. Really love the community there. If Serpent lets me down, I'm either going AE or Losi. The Serpent buggy is pretty damn race ready out of the box

I was hoping the grassroots program would do more for TD but I think you need absolute blind faith to stick with TD or be sponsored by them.

Dude i could care less about being sponsored lol. If the parts support is still around that's all i care about the 210 parts are in stock most of time rarely out of stock.

If people only buy a buggy or truck for that i don't know what to say about it.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I was once following on blind faith too. Glad you're happy being either a walking hobby shop or fine if you need to wait on parts. Glad its working out for you. So many Durango's for sale in the forums recently. Best of luck sticking with them.

I really do hope they are successful in their new approach. I just couldn't stick with them any further.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

I want to keep this as civil as possible so people like myself (not much 1/10 buggy experience) can learn from others with more experience. I just drove my buddies SESC210r the other day and I was quite impressed with the build quality and the handling right out of the box. What I didnt like was the lack of any hobby shop around me to carry parts for it.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by shagino
I was once following on blind faith too. Glad you're happy being either a walking hobby shop or fine if you need to wait on parts. Glad its working out for you. So many Durango's for sale in the forums recently. Best of luck sticking with them.

I really do hope they are successful in their new approach. I just couldn't stick with them any further.

My LHS most of time you got to order parts from there anyways so its not a big deal to me. I get the parts quick on order from both LHS and online shops but honestly the buggy is strong it rarely breaks . Like i was saying i have extra parts but only had to use one of the spare FR suspension block.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
My LHS most of time you got to order parts from there anyways so its not a big deal to me. I get the parts quick on order from both LHS and online shops but honestly the buggy is strong it rarely breaks . Like i was saying i have extra parts but only had to use one of the spare FR suspension block.
That is a bummer when the LHS doesnt have something in stock. So you have driven a B5m, but noticed it wasnt locked down in the rear like you would have liked compared to the dex210v2. Are you running stock or mod class?
Old 01-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by barry1me
That is a bummer when the LHS doesnt have something in stock. So you have driven a B5m, but noticed it wasnt locked down in the rear like you would have liked compared to the dex210v2. Are you running stock or mod class?

Yea but even sometimes parts at the LHS that they carry parts for certain brands are not in stock or need to be order anyways sometimes . Its a strong buggy like i said only thing you might to upgrade or just get extra plastic FR suspension blocks.

I run in the mod motor class. It might of just been the setup /tires maybe on the B5M but there is less Rear weight on them and seem heavyer than what the Dex210V2 is both on shorty packs that could be just because the battery on them are mounted side to side . Now i did mount my esc toward the rear inline though from when it was on the side of the chassis.

But its planted out of the corners if you got the right tires and setup of course on the Dex210V2 .

Its up to you really there all good and have pros and cons.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I run the dex210 and love it. The v2 makes it a lot easier to work on the back end
Old 01-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yokomo bmax2
Old 01-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

I've had the 22 2.0 with the short chassis bellcrank brass antis quat blk and the b5m. I've ran both for a while, I prefer the b5m because it's bad ass out the box. My losi plus tons of money later just wasn't consistent track to track for me, all the money I spent on that car I could've had an rb6 with all the goodies. I have a 22-4 and b5m...had a 22 2.0 and b44.3 also all cars were awesome except the 22 2.0 for me anyway...
Old 01-06-2015, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I too run the DEX210 v1 in the mod. class. I have a Castle 1410 motor and this thing flys. Won second place overall last summer on the dirt track with it and, I am a rookie driver. The setup did take a bit of time.

This winter I am racing it in the 2wd (gearbox) class indoor on carpet. I am the only buggy running against the SCT trucks so far. And while I am faster and can turn quicker, when I collide with them (often) I always lose the outcome. . . .heh,heh BUT, , , I have yet to break anything on it. Very tough buggy.

BTW, my local LHS stocks many TD parts and I have bought some off the web too. Getting TD parts is not much of a problem here.
YMMV

Last edited by pilot8127; 01-06-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.