Community
Wiki Posts
Search

22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I can agree on that . But i think that will always happen because everybody has a different driving style and the way they like it to handle . However if the tread of a certain buggy or truck has less pages that means most like the way it drives and handles.
I run a 22 2.0 so I'm in that thread quite a bit...Seems like a lot of people (including myself) have a hard time getting the buggy through the turns...is it a bad car? not at all...I think all of the kits the op mentioned will do just fine with a little bit a tweaking.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by skeasor
I run a 22 2.0 so I'm in that thread quite a bit...Seems like a lot of people (including myself) have a hard time getting the buggy through the turns...is it a bad car? not at all...I think all of the kits the op mentioned will do just fine with a little bit a tweaking.

Yea i always had issues with Losis getting though the turns better when i owned them there not bad trucks or buggys though. That's one thing i cant stand is not having enough steering or turn in or to much push.

Most models do need a little tweaking though .
Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My 22 had too much push until I put on the Losi bellcrank steering mod. In my opinion it should have that on there to begin with and screw that slider BS.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Mine isn't too bad in mid motor but still pushes some. I'm not sure if I'm keeping it or not so I don't want to put the money in for the bell cranks, short chassis, etc...I'm going to go with the 0 degree caster blocks though.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are many things I like about the 22 suspension geometry. Looking at it, I think that car was really designed around very large, very fast, high grip tracks. It's got a long wheelbase. Nearly at the limit in MM. It's suspension arms are longer than any other car. That equals a more forgiving car at speed. That car is almost always run with camber links near equal length to the arm length. Combined with longer arms and that's a car that maintains a lower average roll center through suspension travel than any other car. You can actually see it with tire wear on that car since most of them wear the outer half of the tire faster than the inner half. That's important because in a corner, the car just doesn't load up the outside tire as much as other cars. That's not necessarily a bad thing since it's far less likely to lose the rear end to fishtailing when on power at high speed but everything comes with a tradeoff. That car keeps more weight on the inside wheel as a percentage which actually makes the car more forgiving. That spreads out the overall tire loading to a larger area which means the vehicle weight is spread out over a larger contact patch. In a slower, tight corner, or in a situation where grip is lower, it'll lack the ability to transfer more weight to the outside tire to develop grip. The car is also very narrow with weight very central down the centerline. That's great for straight line stability, flight, and high speed cornering but in lower grip situations or extreme rough surfaces a wider distribution would be better. It traded off the other areas though. Our local blue groove track is large and fast and high enough grip that the 22 works great on it. A smaller track or one that is slower may not benefit from it though. Shortening the camber links on that car would help immensely in lower grip or tighter corners but you'll lose some of that high speed stability.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Every 22 buggy I see always pushes. Even when are factory Losi guys was at are track and ran mod that car pushed a ton and the only reason he is fast is because he just man handles it but to a normal driver who don't have his skills can't do that. When I had my 22 buggy it always pushed more than any other car I have had. Also don't car for stacking electronics when in mid motor as it just isn't that neat but it is a minor think. One thing is the car seems to need a ton of hopups from the box as again every team guy I know never runs the car even close to box stock where all the AE guys at are track run way more stock cars than the other brands.

My Durango was nice but fit and finish is the worst compared to Losi and AE. Had lots of sanding to make stuff fit and my Durango aluminum rear hubs at 50 bucks where useless as the plastic inserts fit so tight that they wound up. Never did get them to fit right. A year and half later those hubs are still sitting around doing nothing. Like all the changes you can make but it is kinda confusing where the AE's new B5 series has the same changes but fit, finish and lack of confusion make it so much easier for your non pro. Love the tranny setups you can do in the Durango and the new V2 version is so much easier to work on that the V1 buggy so that is a nice update on Durangos part. Lots of setups around but they are all so different from each other so its harder to find a good starting point as again if you not an expert but at least you can find setups on Petit so that is cool.

My B5 has an excellent layout and very easy to build with zero sanding or custom fitting parts. Everything fit great and just an all around easy car to build. Lots of setups around to get you started. Didn't need anything extra to be fast and easy to get a setup that will at least get you in the ball park. I'm getting older and took the summer off but when I came back I went with this car. Knock the rust off and dialed the car in a little after a few weeks and now I have a car that is like driving a touring car. In all my years I never had an offroad car drive like this thing as it just makes me look good. I have tons of steering and tons of rear traction and then add easy to drive a car that is stuck like glue and you have fast lap times. I can run on 3 completely different type of track surfaces and only need to change tires and the car works great. In all my 30 plus years this is one of the best cars that I ever built or raced. I have had many of other AE cars that I couldn't say that about this surely is not one of them. Parts availability is great and the car is cheap compared to many other brands. Its hard to find many things wrong with this car.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wyd
Every 22 buggy I see always pushes. Even when are factory Losi guys was at are track and ran mod that car pushed a ton and the only reason he is fast is because he just man handles it but to a normal driver who don't have his skills can't do that. When I had my 22 buggy it always pushed more than any other car I have had. Also don't car for stacking electronics when in mid motor as it just isn't that neat but it is a minor think. One thing is the car seems to need a ton of hopups from the box as again every team guy I know never runs the car even close to box stock where all the AE guys at are track run way more stock cars than the other brands.

My Durango was nice but fit and finish is the worst compared to Losi and AE. Had lots of sanding to make stuff fit and my Durango aluminum rear hubs at 50 bucks where useless as the plastic inserts fit so tight that they wound up. Never did get them to fit right. A year and half later those hubs are still sitting around doing nothing. Like all the changes you can make but it is kinda confusing where the AE's new B5 series has the same changes but fit, finish and lack of confusion make it so much easier for your non pro. Love the tranny setups you can do in the Durango and the new V2 version is so much easier to work on that the V1 buggy so that is a nice update on Durangos part. Lots of setups around but they are all so different from each other so its harder to find a good starting point as again if you not an expert but at least you can find setups on Petit so that is cool.

My B5 has an excellent layout and very easy to build with zero sanding or custom fitting parts. Everything fit great and just an all around easy car to build. Lots of setups around to get you started. Didn't need anything extra to be fast and easy to get a setup that will at least get you in the ball park. I'm getting older and took the summer off but when I came back I went with this car. Knock the rust off and dialed the car in a little after a few weeks and now I have a car that is like driving a touring car. In all my years I never had an offroad car drive like this thing as it just makes me look good. I have tons of steering and tons of rear traction and then add easy to drive a car that is stuck like glue and you have fast lap times. I can run on 3 completely different type of track surfaces and only need to change tires and the car works great. In all my 30 plus years this is one of the best cars that I ever built or raced. I have had many of other AE cars that I couldn't say that about this surely is not one of them. Parts availability is great and the car is cheap compared to many other brands. Its hard to find many things wrong with this car.

I know on the Dex210 V2 i been running mostly the stock setup accept the shock oils are heavyer and the rear shocks are layed down on the arms its plated on the rear end . Only upgrade i did was adding the Exotek alum steering rack and B4 slipper pads, Alum battery knobs .

I don't see how the setups on them are any different than most 2wd buggys if your doing basic tuning .
Old 01-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Yea, and not having enough steering is just frustrating.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The beauty right now is we are lucky as we have the best 2wd buggies that we have had in years and with that is a buggy suited to each person. I will say I seen all 3 of these brands posted at one time or another win races and just be plain fast. I see many of are local top drivers try all three brands and it is great to see how they progress with each brand. Also we still have Kyosho, Tamiya, Hobby Pro and Schumacher with very nice competitive buggies plus i guess Team C, Xray and VBC could be thrown in as well. Wow right around 10 different newer buggies out plus a few that are a year or two old that still work so if your into 2wd buggies we have some of the best and most to pick from right now.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
... competitive buggies plus i guess Team C, Xray and VBC could be thrown in as well. Wow right around 10 different newer buggies out plus a few that are a year or two old that still work so if your into 2wd buggies we have some of the best and most to pick from right now.
I just helped a friend of mine build a Team C and although I haven't driven it yet, it looks like a pretty solid kit.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

+1 gazillion Mr. Fred. My observations too and to those that have a 22 that pushes please try shorter rear camber links.

Skeasor, I had a Team C TC02. It's a worthy competitor of the B2 and the XX...not on quality though.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
+1 gazillion Mr. Fred. My observations too and to those that have a 22 that pushes please try shorter rear camber links.

Skeasor, I had a Team C TC02. It's a worthy competitor of the B2 and the XX...not on quality though.
What about shorter front camber links?

Yea, it's his first kit and they were selling them for 99 dollars so he picked one up. His kit came with a quite a bit of aluminum which surprised me. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

The rears have a more noticeable effect. Then you can fine tune with the front camber link length and shims.
The performance is good after you change rear shock pistons to have a bigger hole than the front ones but plastic parts broke often and I ditched it. Has a couple of design flaws too and they show up on the worst times.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tc5 man;13764197]Yea there isn't many guys running the Durangos around where im at but i don't care as long as there is places that sell the parts still. I like being the underdog not that the buggy isn't competitive to others because it is . If i beat the other guys running with the quote bigger brands its even better.

Not to mention even if it was lets say the model wasn't around the parts will be around for quite a while still. Yokomo has about the worse parts support here compared to any other brand but its a copy of the B5 anyways .

How do you figure that the yokomo is a copy of the b5? I have a v2 yoke that is older than any b5 out there. I think it's the other way around when it come to who copied who
Old 01-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=losicorey;13770628]
Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea there isn't many guys running the Durangos around where im at but i don't care as long as there is places that sell the parts still. I like being the underdog not that the buggy isn't competitive to others because it is . If i beat the other guys running with the quote bigger brands its even better.

Not to mention even if it was lets say the model wasn't around the parts will be around for quite a while still. Yokomo has about the worse parts support here compared to any other brand but its a copy of the B5 anyways .

How do you figure that the yokomo is a copy of the b5? I have a v2 yoke that is older than any b5 out there. I think it's the other way around when it come to who copied who

Actually you are right thinking about .

Associated did copy off the Yokomo for the B5 . I don't get though why there is not more online shops but Amain that carry the parts for Yokomo though in the USA i really like the quality more on the Yokomo 2wd and 4wd Buggys. For sure it would be more popular if at least two more online shops carry the parts .

I never saw any Yokomo but more than a few Durangos here in there at the offroad tracks i go to but have seen one years ago on the 1/10 touring car and it was a beauty .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.