Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 4 wheel buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

again, this is my opinion. Of the people that I know who own or have owned the 22-4 have always complained about breaking and how fragile it is. When I owned the buggy, I drove it hard, had a few hard tumbles, and never broke anything. Every buggy will have its week point. Just my $.02
Old 12-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I believe that the hinge pin issue has been resolved and haven't heard of anyone with belts breaking.as I said before if you don't build the car right you'll have problems,plain and simple.other cars might not require as thorough of a build but if you build the 22-4 correctly and maintain it if is a fairly durable car.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
I believe that the hinge pin issue has been resolved and haven't heard of anyone with belts breaking.as I said before if you don't build the car right you'll have problems,plain and simple.other cars might not require as thorough of a build but if you build the 22-4 correctly and maintain it if is a fairly durable car.
I agree with you 100%. When I owned the Dex410v3, everyone at my track who owned the buggy and sold it would get on my case that the buggy was junk and always broke. Funny thing is, I usually took the A-main with the buggy week after week. It all comes down to building the buggy the correct way and knowing what you are doing.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyline1015
again, this is my opinion. Of the people that I know who own or have owned the 22-4 have always complained about breaking and how fragile it is. When I owned the buggy, I drove it hard, had a few hard tumbles, and never broke anything. Every buggy will have its week point. Just my $.02
This is the truth ! 1/8 , 1/10 doesnt matter , none is perfect. I think rc happiness is finding which ever car you like owning and having fun. My xb4 was a tank , but it cant drive ( for me ) like this 22-4 can. OP needs to find and put his hands on every 4 wheeler he can , and pick the one he likes the most.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

4 front arms in a season is great imo . The first 2 went with the original hingepins which are known fact to be defective in design . The second 2 arms i broke were both big hits full pace on the straight 1 was an out of place pipe and 5he other a crashed sct who hadnt called the caution on the straight . Both times that nothing else broke was a miracle !!!
I will say that 4wd mod should not be a class for beginners or even seasoned racers of lesser talent but who are we to tell someone what they should or shouldnt race the class .
Old 12-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

B44.3 or TLR 22-4? Why or why not?