Wiki Posts
Search

XB4 2015 or D413

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
The center diff is not available in the U.S. yet. Only drivers with prototypes have driven and they are all probably over seas.
not true.I got mine today and will be testing the center diff this friday at AMS raceway...

as for the d413 I had one of those and feel the xray has better plastic and much much better steel being HUDY. also if you want to change your diff oil in the hb between rounds good luck, with the xray its 4 screw in less then 2 min max. I also didnt like the sloop in the hb steering rack right off the bat brand new. I will say that other then the xb4 that the D413 would be my 2nd option.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RichD
I had a heavy crash with the Exotek wing mounts and they didn't break. However, as they didn't flex they acted like a lever on the shock tower, which broke instead!

check out the spec R xb4 wing mount. has more surface area and a extra little lip to grab the diff case more so you dont break the shock tower as easy

http://www.redrc.net/2014/01/spec-r-...ervo-brackets/
Old 12-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
not true.I got mine today and will be testing the center diff this friday at AMS raceway...

as for the d413 I had one of those and feel the xray has better plastic and much much better steel being HUDY. also if you want to change your diff oil in the hb between rounds good luck, with the xray its 4 screw in less then 2 min max. I also didnt like the sloop in the hb steering rack right off the bat brand new. I will say that other then the xb4 that the D413 would be my 2nd option.
As of Dec 27th that was true if you want to be a dick and you still have not driven it to give any kind of feedback.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Gear diffs are kinda available.. I ordered two from Germany.. But isn't here yet. Could be on Amain before I get mine.

But they are both good cars, work well and we are lucky to have a strong choice besides B44 and Losi..

Track and driving style, plus the ability and patience to tune is where you will strive the most of ANY car. Pick one and Go with it.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

check out the spec R xb4 wing mount. has more surface area and a extra little lip to grab the diff case more so you dont break the shock tower as easy

http://www.redrc.net/2014/01/spec-r-...ervo-brackets/
They look like they should do the trick. However, I sold my XB4 a few months back and got the ZX6.
All these cars are capable of winning races and all have weak spots, so I'd go with parts support as a major deciding factor if I were the OP.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think I am going to go with the xb4. Where did you find the center diff? I cannot find anyone that has it in stock.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
I think I am going to go with the xb4. Where did you find the center diff? I cannot find anyone that has it in stock.
I received notice from RC America today that my center Gear diff for my 2015 XB4 shipped today. I would assume shops will have them within days.

I love my Xray! I had the 2013 for the last two years and just upgraded to the 2015. That being said I know people with the D413 that love it as well. I think both are excellent and durable cars with winning history.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I have had a 13, 14 & 15 XB4 and they are fantastic cars! I have broken nothing on any of the aforementioned models. One of my local tracks is a super high grip clay in which we run slicks and had no issues with the composite gears. The 15 steel gears should make the drive-train virtually impregnable. The quality of the XRay plastic and Hudy steel is 2nd to none. I've hit some tubes pretty damn hard and cartwheeled at WFO and broke nothing. Getting to and changing the diffs is ridiculously quick and easy, its almost cheating. I will be ordering the center diff when it becomes available, but I've had no issues with the slipper. In fact, the slipper is easier to adjust than a center diff will be, especially having to scoop out the recommended 500K oil they recommend. I've not even mentioned how easy it is to drive the car. The kit recommended pistons and oils are spot on and the suspension just soaks up bad landings like nothing.

If I have any complaints, it's the 14mm hex wheels. It would be nice if the car was built to accomodate the same 12mm hex & wheel off-sets as the other popular models (i.e. B44.x, D413, 22-4, etc.) I bought the JConcepts 12mm hex conversion for the XB4 but the problem is the track width is set up for the XRay wheel hubs which are at the outermost part of the wheel. When I tried to use my B5M wheels, the track width front and rear increased dramatically because of the difference in off-set.

The only other issue I had was my fault. On my 14 model I had the brake strength set too high on the speeder and radio on my high grip track. Heaving braking caused the out-drives to get notched very badly very quickly from the heavy braking. I have the brake strength dialed in properly now on my 15 and the out-drives still look like new.