Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
kyosho electric offroad >

kyosho electric offroad

kyosho electric offroad

Old 06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Does anyone know How many turns a perfex ka 15 esc from the zx-5 rtr can handle?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Perry
Does anyone know How many turns a perfex ka 15 esc from the zx-5 rtr can handle?
At the risk of sounding obvious, I think I heard it was a 15T.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
What about the front one-way? Are most of you using it? Also, do you have a part number and an online source?
Thx
I don't know of anyone using a front one-way in this car. Some people run a shaft one-way, some run no one-way at all. It depends on what you like, but this car steers a turn, even without a shaft one-way.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
At the risk of sounding obvious, I think I heard it was a 15T.
Thats what I was thinking but there seems to be no definate answer to this question so I was hoping somebody was actually running a different motor from stock.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I run the shaft one way and like it. Easier to go between the 2wd and 4wd. The original ZX-5 Manual shows you how to do it and what parts you need. If you can't find it I will dig out the info for you. The stock shock bodies work awesome.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Perry
Thats what I was thinking but there seems to be no definate answer to this question so I was hoping somebody was actually running a different motor from stock.
I would hit up Joe Pillars on here and see if he can find out...he works at Kyosho America. You can also just call them or e-mail them. They have really good customer service.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/contactus.php
Old 06-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Turbo Joe: I read your comments in the Traxxas Slash section. How would you compare the handling of the Slash to the RB5 or ZX-5. I know that the Slash is a different beast but lets just say that this truck is growing on me like the lazer did when it first came out.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Key
Turbo Joe: I read your comments in the Traxxas Slash section. How would you compare the handling of the Slash to the RB5 or ZX-5. I know that the Slash is a different beast but lets just say that this truck is growing on me like the lazer did when it first came out.
Well...lets put it this way. They're not the same at all.

I can swap back and forth between the RB-5 and the Lazer no sweat...but going from the Slash to the RB-5 last Saturday was an eye-opener...LOL Basically, the Slash is really "squishy". It doesn't really matter what you do...it kinda motors through and does what it does.

The buggies are more precise and a little more touchy -- you really need to drive the track...while you can just throw the Slash around with reckless abandon.

I'm sure that in the weeks ahead, I'll make the Slash more touchy and less driveable...just give me some time to screw it up.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default quick question

not sure if this has been asked before, so I will ask anyways.

I have the lazer zx5 sp edition car and love it.
It works great with the basic setup on the dirt tracks that I have tried it at, but when I tried it at our local indoor carpet track it became a handful to drive.
I am using shumacker tires all around, with blues up front and gold in the back. The traction is awesome, but that may be a problem.
If I go into the corners a little too hard or fast the car tends to barrel roll from the traction. When I take a corner one of the front wheels come up off the ground as well.

Don't remember whether or not the sp kit came with front and rear sway bars or not, but a friend of mine with a zx5 non sp kit bought a Associated BJ4 sway bar kit and installed it on his car, and with some tweaking got it working pretty good.

So my question is what should I do? Can I buy sway bars front and rear from Kyosho for my car? Try thicker oil, harder springs?
Can I lower the center of gravity on the car?

The car worked so well outside that I thought I could just bring it inside and it would be great, but I need help.

Thanks in advance.
rcdave
Old 06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can get front sway bars for the car. Kyosho sells them. The rear ones should work on the front just fine. The bulkhead attachement is the same. Just get the short tie rod and the bar ends and you are good to go.

Reducing the down travel is a good way to reduce traction rolling as well. Add some spacers to the inside of the shock.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Well...lets put it this way. They're not the same at all.

I can swap back and forth between the RB-5 and the Lazer no sweat...but going from the Slash to the RB-5 last Saturday was an eye-opener...LOL Basically, the Slash is really "squishy". It doesn't really matter what you do...it kinda motors through and does what it does.

The buggies are more precise and a little more touchy -- you really need to drive the track...while you can just throw the Slash around with reckless abandon.

I'm sure that in the weeks ahead, I'll make the Slash more touchy and less driveable...just give me some time to screw it up.
Didn't realize that it was that 'squishy' and 'rebellious' Imagine if one could use the Slash's body/tires and slap that on the zx-5 chassis. That would be one mean stadium machine
Old 06-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default stop car from rolling

Thanks for the help Casper.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default stop car from rolling

double post, sorry.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I suppose this is the "Ten-thousand dollar question". Does anybody know the release date for the FS kit?
Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Key
Didn't realize that it was that 'squishy' and 'rebellious' Imagine if one could use the Slash's body/tires and slap that on the zx-5 chassis. That would be one mean stadium machine
I prefer to think of it as "forgiving".

The wheels do fit, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.