Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boo on proline

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pistol78
Wait, my trifecta wing was a white plastic wing. Looks just like all the other 1/8th wings out there but it feels a bit rubbery and flex compared to others. At first I thought that characteristic may help it's durability but all its joins cracked and tore and it looks very beat up in a very short space of time.
Thats a little different, my bad Ive been running the white plastic wing for awhile and havent had any problems. Then again, really the only damage ive ever done to a normal plastic wing was bending the middle fin on an Upgrade wing, whichis what I ran before the plastic trifecta. As far as the bending and flexibility, im not sure if the trifecta wings are made out of a different material than PL's older HD wings but it seems to be pretty sturdy.

What kind of conditions have you been running it in? Did you really come down on it hard?
Old 12-26-2014, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistol78
Wait, my trifecta wing was a white plastic wing. Looks just like all the other 1/8th wings out there but it feels a bit rubbery and flex compared to others. At first I thought that characteristic may help it's durability but all its joins cracked and tore and it looks very beat up in a very short space of time.
Sorry my bad, I thought you were referring to the new Lexan version.

I have gone through quite a few of the 1/10th scale versions as well back when I had my B5M, as have several others at our track. But to be fair we are all running Exotek aluminum wing mounts because we got tired of breaking stock mounts.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I'm not going to say I never crash:-) my car does end up on its lid a bit. But this wing compared to a lot of others I've used was rubbish and was very disappointing. Been running my finisher wing now for a few weeks and it still looks new.... we'll newish, but holding up 100% better than the proline wing. I guess I was just expecting better quality from proline.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I'm not so sure about that. I just cut the inserts our of a set of 2.2 Electrons that had 2 race days on them (tires were done). One foam feels fine, the other is SHOT!
Did it get wet from washing?? I know i've ruin a few from washing after every run....also really bad if you have holes in tires instead of wheels!