Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Put the car on the track for the first time today and to say i was impressed would be an understatement, the buggy was awesome and just does everything right. Is it normal to get a 20mm front ride height i had to screw the shock retainer almost all the way down is this normal. Now on a different not a buggy hit me from behind and my car rolled about 3 times nothing serious however it broke a front and rear arm and like people are saying my arms are full of air bubbles, does any one know if yokomo plan to fix this i found it real dissapointing especially considering how small the hit was.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HSV427
Put the car on the track for the first time today and to say i was impressed would be an understatement, the buggy was awesome and just does everything right. Is it normal to get a 20mm front ride height i had to screw the shock retainer almost all the way down is this normal. Now on a different not a buggy hit me from behind and my car rolled about 3 times nothing serious however it broke a front and rear arm and like people are saying my arms are full of air bubbles, does any one know if yokomo plan to fix this i found it real dissapointing especially considering how small the hit was.

Hey mate, what track did you have it at?

Yes the arms should be fixed in the future, never have they broken and seen the air bubbles like a couple people have.

How long have you had the shocks built for and did you rebleed them? The clear xring swells after a couple days of being in oil which makes it tight thus you will get a low ride height as it will have pressure on the seals holding the shaft.

I use green slime in mine and if the oring gets tight you can (a little dodgey) back the cartridge nut off 1/4 turn.

For an outdoor dirt track 22mm ride height is a good starting point.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

If you use the Yatabe springs, they are 5mm shorter apparently.

I broke a front arm when I ran mine on Sunday, it had a bubble or two in there, I know Lee Martin said he was going to report to Yokomo about it, so you'd think there will be a fix.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Myall
So far, yes shorty only. Might give saddles a go at some point.
Me to. Another great thing about this buggy is all the lipo options and lay out possibilities.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony2

Yes the arms should be fixed in the future, never have they broken and seen the air bubbles like a couple people have.

How long have you had the shocks built for and did you rebleed them? The clear xring swells after a couple days of being in oil which makes it tight thus you will get a low ride height as it will have pressure on the seals holding the shaft.

I use green slime in mine and if the oring gets tight you can (a little dodgey) back the cartridge nut off 1/4 turn.

+1 on the AE green slime. Works excellent! I also use it on my diff o-rings after I soak them in oil for half a day.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Well the GHEA pistons i wanted to use are a little bit too thick.
Put AE 4x1.3 tapered in instead.

Diff's are really tight, might want to use a shim less in the beginning.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

If anyone want wants to smooth out the diff gears, thus break them in: 1. Put all off them in a bag filled with very very fine sand. 2. make sure the you use a cloth type bag. 3. toss the back in your dryer and tumble dry on low heat to no heat for 15 minutes.

This is super OCD method a friend of mine at a machine shop told me about, thus its definetly not necessary as they will break in running the first couple packs threw.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tony2

Hi mate i ran the buggy at my local track(keilor) and i have rebuilt the shocks and bled them, for me to get 22mm ride height the shock collar is screwed all the way down and the eyelet has to be unscrewed 1mm on the shock shaft, I'm wondering if its because the front springs are very soft and also very short.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

As for the arms breaking i have fixed the problem for the rear arms by using Bmax4 3 rear arms it too a bit to get them to work, but once i trimmed the arms 1mm front and rear they fit and have the same adjustability as the stock arms, i also had to add the Bmax4 3 rear axle the actual dog bone is the same its the axle that is different , it feels fine and the car works flawlessly.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

MIBOSport has insane shipping speed as I ordered the Z4 300SRR rear rear hanger late Tuesday and it just arrived. Czechelslovocia to Wisconsin in 48 hours. Michal at MIBO has his business totally dialed providing customers A+ service
Old 11-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse
MIBOSport has insane shipping speed as I ordered the Z4 300SRR rear rear hanger late Tuesday and it just arrived. Czechelslovocia to Wisconsin in 48 hours. Michal at MIBO has his business totally dialed providing customers A+ service
True... Good service and fast shipping.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know if the graphite front arms are stronger than the stock ones, or is being graphite more likely to make them more brittle.
Also does any one know if the yz2 front arms are compatible with the yz4./
Old 11-28-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the graphite front arms are stronger than the stock ones, or is being graphite more likely to make them more brittle.
Also does any one know if the yz2 front arms are compatible with the yz4./
i had a set of yz2 flat arms i mocked up .....i didnt really want to hack them up ....unfortunately in my opinion you would have to trim too much off to get the hubs to fit in the arm

so i went the other route boiled a brand new set 30 mins they feel a tad more flexible

after 3 small adjustments im on pace with my bmax4 but more consistent .....its a very good car
Old 11-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rkhess
i had a set of yz2 flat arms i mocked up .....i didnt really want to hack them up ....unfortunately in my opinion you would have to trim too much off to get the hubs to fit in the arm

so i went the other route boiled a brand new set 30 mins they feel a tad more flexible

after 3 small adjustments im on pace with my bmax4 but more consistent .....its a very good car
+1 on boiling the a-arms
Old 11-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Wonder if this would work on tyres, to scuff them up before gluing them to the rim?

Originally Posted by Norse
If anyone want wants to smooth out the diff gears, thus break them in: 1. Put all off them in a bag filled with very very fine sand. 2. make sure the you use a cloth type bag. 3. toss the back in your dryer and tumble dry on low heat to no heat for 15 minutes.

This is super OCD method a friend of mine at a machine shop told me about, thus its definetly not necessary as they will break in running the first couple packs threw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.